Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

longhairdreams hair journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: longhairdreams hair journal
    Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:40pm

So, first off I have been lucky enough to try every haircolor possible.I've had various shades of red,black,brown,pink,orange, and most recently blonde.I have also had everything from a shaved head to mid back length.I liked most of the looks,but I'm at a point where I'm content enough to just go completely natural.So I'm swearing off chemicals,hot tools,and anything else that might be hard on my hair.So I have decided to grow my hair.I dont plan on getting another cut again.Just trims as needed.I've got a long way to go.But since visiting the longhairboard, I know I can accomplish my goals.

My current length is 4.5 inches on top,sides,and back.My hair type is 1b F.I use CO for washing(suave)And Loreal kids shampoo once a week to clarify.I style with texturizer.And no heat is used.My hair is back to its natural color(medium brown).All damage has been cut out.

I have been gradually going natural with foods.So hopefully that will help as well.Cant wait to post progress reports.

Edited by Longhairdreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 6:51pm

So i havent added anything new in awhile cause there hasnt been anything really.My hair is still short.And I hate it.So I couldnt take it anymore and put in extensions.I look better,and more importantly i feel better.I did change up my hair routine a bit.I dont use the texturizer anymore.And I went back to using deep conditioners with cones.My hair looks and feels better with them.And I also clarify with a vinegar rinse to make sure the cones dont wreak havoc on my hair.I havent taken any pictures of my short hair(cause Its awful).But I will once it gets to a suitable length.But I do have pics of the extensions.I dont know what I would do If I didnt have the extensions to help me grow out this awkward cut.

this one is just a fall.My hair here was 2 inches in some spots and four in other!

And here are some new ones with better hair bonded in.

Cap0053.jpg

And no comments from the peanut gallery.I am more than aware of how non-photogenic I am,lol.Hopefully my hair will be long enough soon so I dont have to wear extensions.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 7:13pm

So I took out the extensions today.So I'm back to my short hair.I actually gained at least half and inch.I'm still not ready to post pics of my hair yet.And I probably wont until after I have my baby..Which is this friday.Giving up hairdye has been hard,but My hair has never looked and felt so good.And I'm still using cone filled conditioner. My hair does better with them.Should be okay since I clarify with vinegar. And I dont reccomend bonded wefts for people without patience(me). I get where I just want them out of my hair and start ripping it out. Luckily I have plenty of hair.I dont think I'll ever do bonded wefts again.I'll stick to non glue methods for now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 8:36am

So i've been bad lately.I have been dying like crazy trying to get my hair that perfect red color.I first used loreals uncolor cause I needed lift at my roots.Then I tried using a demi permanent color.But It didnt hold cause my hair was too porous.

So I have been interested in using henna for a long time so I finally took the plunge after finding hennaforhair.com.I bought 500g to use on my hair and my extensions.I didnt have a very promising strand test since my hair seemed to be too porous to even hold henna.so I used a filler and tried again and the results have been awsome.I'm having some issues with dryness.I know that will get better with each successive henna.I'm glad I did it.Even though my hair is short, it was looking pretty rough from the previous dye.Which had been bleached, dyed back and then stripped again.I need to take better care of my hair.

Cap0167.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:07pm

So I just measured my hair and its 9 inches from center part.And its 15 from the front of my hair line down the back.Its still really short.But thats still alot of growth since last time I measured. I'm about to go back to my natural color #4 dark brown.I really need a trim but I just got my hair extensions and dont want to lose any length so they blend as well as possible.Plus my hair gets a break while the extensions are in.

I think I'll do a clear colorgloss on my hair when I go back natural to make my hair more manageable and shiny.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 6:42pm

So I put in extensions while i wait for my real hair to grow.If only my real hair looked like this.They turned out very nice.

lush hair1

lush hair

lush3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 12:51pm

Cap0244.jpg

This is a more recent picture.I'm thinking of getting layers put in.That way it will have somewhat of a style rather than just laying there.I'm trying to stick to my new years resolution of not dying my hair.But Its hard.I'm really comtemplating dying it light brown with dark blonde highlights.It would be the color of jens like in this pic.

56630121.jpg

And as far as growth goes.this is a pic taken at the beginning of January.And I tell a difference in length.

Cap0225.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 6:57pm

So I vetoed the jen aniston color.I decided to leave it alone(for now).

But I was bored so I decided to take a few pics of my V-day hairstyle.I wanted a romantic look.I think my hubby will like it.

Cap0269.jpg

Cap0272.jpg

If I do change my hairstyle,I think I'll go drastic.Like a golden blond bob style.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:38pm

So,I put in extensionwhich i hated.The hair was beautiful,but as crazy as it sounds I missed my real hair.I was never so glad to take out extensions.And only after 1 day.I really have no desire to wear extensions again.but being the fickle person I am that could change.Right now though I am really appreciating my own hair.

I measured my hair after seeing others with great progress updates And My hair is 17" from the front of my hairline to the longest part in the back.Thats a 2" growth since december 10th.My hair is growing faster than I ever could have expected.I just hope it keeps growing like this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 5:46pm
Not really much to update.i'm just feeling bored with my hair again.I'm thinking of going for the light brown with dark golden blonde highlights again.And maybe clean up my ends with a long blunt bob.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:01pm
I'm still pretty torn.I really need a change.I'm bored stiff with my hair right now.Hopefully I'll get out of this rutt soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 7:56pm
So it looks like I'm finally gonna do it. I've got everything I need to do my base color.I'm test stranding as we speak. Hopefully it will turn out good.I'll have to take alot of pictures after I get done.I think I'll go to a salon to do my highlights.I dont think I could do those on my own.I'm pretty sloppy with color.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 2:26am

Can you say hair disaster.The strand tests looked pretty good.But,my hair looks awful.Its light brassy brown on the length,and the  newvirgin growth is real light.My roots dont want to hold color.I dont get it.They have never been dyed.But they just wont take color.I'm at a loss right now as to what to do from here. Looks like i might just have to dye it back to the color i had it originally.How sad is that,I put my hair through hair just to go back to the color it was to begin with.

I was thinking about a trim before,but it looks like I'll be getting a cut. i'm really sad.I'm not exactly new to hair coloring.But this has to be the worst result I've ever had.I was doing so good too.My hair is pretty long now.And I screwed it all up.Maybe I'll save my money for a good Lacefront so I can avoid things like this all-together in the future.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 4:24pm
O.k so ihad my pity party lol.Now I'm feeling much better.I'm lloking forward to getting a cute short(but still girly cut).I dont think I've ever missed my natural color this much ever.I was contemplating going red,but nixed that idea pretty quick.So I'm going back to boring average(oh so wonderful) medium ash brown.I'll post some pics of possible cuts as inspiration.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 6:03pm

Ok so here are a few choices of mine.

this one is cute and more subdued.I've also had this cut.It grew out kind of funky.

5.jpg

this one is cute as well.I have also had this cut too.It grows out nice.Plus its cute whether its styled or not.

untitled.jpg

And this one is my favorite.It would be the hardest to maintain.But I have also never had my hair cut like that which is an added draw.its definitely a risky cut.But I think I'm up for it.

catpred.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 3:09pm

Ok so even though i said i wasnt going to go red,I did.DH convinced me it would be a good idea.And I'm pretty pleased.It looks great. I'm still scheduled to get a cut this thursday.I posted about cutting my hair on the short hairboard,but noone really cared.I figured they would bombard me with shorthairstyles,lol. I guess Noone would really care over there unless i was shaving it all off,lol.

So anywhoo,My hair is not too bad.I could get away with a big trim.I'm still entertaining the idea of the short sharon cut though.I guess I'll just wait and see.

i'm thinking of using henna again.It made my hair feel dry last time,but I'm thinking it takes a few times to feel the full effect of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 12:29pm

I was supposed to get my hair cut yesterday,but i had a screw-up with money.Never happened to me before,really embarassing.I'm just glad I checked BEFORE the cut.Its cool.It could have been much worse.Well the salon could have been real mean about the whole thing,but they werent.They were actually really nice and rescheduled me.

So now I have a new appointment on wednesday the fifth.Maybe this time,I'll go in knowing what i want,lol.But probably not.I think I'll let my stylist(who's awsome by the way)have free reign to do what she wants.That is with the very big exception of Mullets,soccer mom flips,or eighties bangs.

As far as my hair goes currently.It actually looks good.The red is super pretty,everyone loves it.(not so much my husband cause of all the excess attention,lol).But I finally got past the awkward length.It looks good this long,but now I'm going to cut it lol.Its a good thing my hair grows really fast.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 11:16am

So I finally got my haircut.I really love it.Plus it is ten times healthier.My stylist did an amazing job.I let her pick my haircut.And I'm glad I did.My husband thinks its great.

Cap0409.jpg

Cap0410.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 5:10pm

Wow,i really need to change my sig. pic.Its awful.lol. Not much going on with my hair.I dyed it once since the cut.Something didnt look quite right about it.So i put a medium brown on over the red.It took great.It looks tons better.It was obviously the missing equation.

I'm not sure whats next from here.I like my cut.Plus I'm getting a lacefront,so there are many available options.I'm not sure if I'll keep the cut,or grow it out some.I think I'll just concentrate on cutting out the rest of the color,which shouldnt be too hard at this length...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 2:06pm

So currently my hair is medium to dark blonde.Its grown some since the cut.Its feels good despite what I've done to it.

I'm waiting on a lacefront.It should be here sometime next week.I've decided if my LF is right that I'm going to shave my head.Start fresh and new.I miss my hair in its natural state.I'm not even sure what shade my natural color even is.Its been a while since I've seen it.This will make the second time I shaved my head.I'm really looking forward to it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic