Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

longhairdreams hair journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 1:14am
I've been spending alot of time over at LHC,so my journal over there has been getting more attention.But I do feel more fond of this journal since it was my first.So I figured I would update this one first this time.

I havent taken any length pics,but will soon.I did get some goodies from heavenlyharvest.com. I got a beautiful wooden comb and my first ever hairfork.
This pic is of the two plastic combs I was using before(they were supposed to be seamless,but that wasnt the case)And of course my new comb and fork as they came.

Me being the meddler I am cant leave well enough alone.I wasnt crazy about the painted pattern on my fork so I sanded it down abit and lightly stained it with a pecan color.I love it nowwub.Its perfect.
Here's the after pic-
And here it is in my dirty hair,lolbusted
Oh and for fun,here's a pic of my ficcare next to my fakkare.I love it but it eats hair.

In other news I got $200 worth of mary kay for $9!!!cheerIt was all brand new too.She just stopped working for them I guess andthey have to buy they're own stuff to sell.And she just wanted to get rid of it.She had thousands worth too.

And I broke my toestretcher,lol.I just bent it wrong while sitting on it.Its so stupid.So now i cant run.I love running.hopefull I'll be able to bear through it soon.I hate my backup workout tapes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 11:50pm
I cant believe its been over a month since I updated my journal.

My hair decided to revolt against me.starwars.So I decided to try something new.I was washing my hair almost every day.And it was really drying out my hair.So I've decided to go as long as possible between washes.Its been almost 5 days.And my hair feels pretty awful.Granted I added oils so my hair would be moisturized down the entire length.

My hair seems to be at its limit though for being dirty.My ends just cant get enough moisture as is.

Jason made me a beautiful hair fork for our anniversary.And he's working on two morewub
Here's the fork exactly liked I asked for:
Here's a pic of my hair before i recently trimmed off an inch
And here's the most current pic after the trim.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2007 at 10:23pm
Grrr I got distracted and accidentally erased my entire post,lol.rantbox
I'm only writing right now cause the Colts chargers game is on
and its driving me crazy.

I bought desert essence red raspberry shampoo.Its pretty good.
Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner.It has way too much protein and dried my ends out.
And I just bought Terax Crema conditioner(original).It works great.My hair feels kinda gross while its wet,but it dries gorgeous.
Plus it works well with my Ojon restorative treatment

Here's my newest length picture.

I was given a nice whittling set.so I can finally make some hair sticks.I had been working on one,but I was using crappy tools.Once I finish it I'll post some pics of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 6:21pm
My hair is doing great.It took a couple Loreal ineral hair fixing treatments to get back on track.But I'm very happy with my hair.I highly reccomend it.Especially for people with hair that is damaged and breaking.Mine is just too fragile on its own,and has a tendency to be dry.

So i finally found a wash method I love.Its CWC.Or condition wash condition.Mine is a variation.I put on my Suave Coconut conditioner.and while its still on my hair I add shampoo.I rinse it all out.Then I condition again but add a little biolage conditioning balm(quarter size to make it stretch) to my coconut conditioner.I leave it in for the rest of my shower.Usually 5 min.I then either use paul mitchell super skinny serum or Ojon RT as a leave in.I usually only use the Paul mitchell once in between clarifying so it doesnt get built up.This has been great for my hair.My hair has hardly any splits now and feels strong and moisturized.

I also have started using temp. blue dye to add back a nice ashy blue tone to my hair.It was getting way to red my liking.I suit a cooler tone since my skintone is on the yellow side.

I'm finally going to get my beautiful raw edge horn comb.It only cost $5.25 with shipping.Its all thanks to my BIL and his Ebay account.I'm too paranoid to do ebay,but he was nice enough to use his account to get it for me.And to think I was going to pay $48 just for the comb alone on horn combs.com.I never got around to buying one because of the insane price.Of course that didnt keep me from drooling over it.I'm so excited.barmy

Also I have had a growth spurt.which is awesome,cause usuallyI get the average half an inch per month.
This first picture was taken on 11/26/07 right after I took this trimmed off 2 inches all around give or take a half inch.
Then this picture I took yesterday 12/9/07 after the big trim

My hair almost right back to where it started before the trim.Which means my hair grew like 1 1/2 inch in 13 days.Woot.
Nothing much else to add.Life is pretty good.
I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 11:05am
So I have been going "Back to Basics".My hair was getting worse and worse with conditioner.I was using heavy conditioners and ending up with dried out hair.I tried going cone free and those yeilded the same results if not worse.So i started relying heavily on my paul mitchell super skinny serum.It worked better than the other conditioners,but never left my hair moisturized.

So I finally got sick of my hair.I was actually starting to think of haircuts that would look cute.But I decided to try something I read about awhile ago and recently.Its the shampoo only method.I of course did it with a variation.But it worked and well.I have done it twice now and my hair is still soft and comletely moisturized.It doesnt look as shiny as when I use conditioner.But I could care less since my hair actually looks and feels healthy.which is key to growing it out long.
The first wash I clarified using Nuetrogena anti-residue,mixed with desert essence shine enhancing shampoo and a diluted acv mix.I then used a good amount of ojon on damp hair and left it on.It worked twice now.
I just hope I can keep getting these results.
The only downside for some people is that I shed alot.I think my scalp has trouble releasing shed hairs so I'm not worried about shedding too much.But I know alot of people do.So I thought I would add that in.But then again I could imagine this method helping with shedding as well for some.

So I did really good christmas wise 
My husband made this fork for me

i also got my horn comb.As much as I made a fuss about getting it I'm not really impressed.Its pretty,but it is not nearly as good as my wooden comb from heavenly harvest.My wooden comb has been dropped and banged on stuff and rammed through my hair and doesnt have a single scratch.But the horn one is soo fragile.It wouldnt take much to break it.Plus my HH comb is great for applying my oils to so I can brush them through evenly.And it retains the smells of the oils used.My comb smells wonderful.LOL its hard to believe its just a comb.

I got a really good pair of scissors.I am using them to search and destroy.And I did a wet dusting recently.I read about wet cutting,I dont know why I didnt think to do it sooner.Confused

Anywhoo I'm about due for another progress pic.which I will take and post sometime soon.

Edited by Longhairdreams - January 08 2008 at 11:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 10:57am
So I had kept up with the shampoo only and oil combo.It was working pretty well.But I decided to try out some jessicurl products.Let me first off by saying I honestly believe these are quality products.But not for me.

I bought the trial sizes of the hair cleansing cream,aloeba conditioner,too shea conditioner, and gentle cleansing shampoo.I also got the full size hair oil for softer hair.Turns out my hair doesnt like the coconut,jojoba mix.I think its the protein qualities.My hair really reacted well at first.It looked clean, felt super soft and even started to wave up.I loved the wave.I had a feeling for awhile that my hair had a wave in it.Eventually i ended up back to where I was when I was using shampoo and conditioner before.So I thought maybe I had some build-up.Whether it was from hard water,conditioner,protein etc.. So I clarified and started over with the jessicurl.But it didnt help.In fact my hair has been steadily drying out again which means breakage.I had actually stopped the breakage with my shampoo/oil combo.PLus my hair had started to shed like crazy with the jessicurl.Which I was bale to overlook in the beginning since it seemed to be doing a good job.

So once again its back to shampoo and oil.I'm almost out of ojon,but I've been mixing it with some cheap oil to make it stretch.Its not as good as straight ojon.But it will do until I get some more.I'm going to get the big 5 ounce tub this time.Its much more cost effecient.I just need to hold out a little longer until my tax check comes. I'm also going to research shampoo's and hopefully find something a little better in the sulfate dept. I did have good luck with nexxus therapee.So I'll probably end up getting that one again.

And I think I'll get rid of all my extra shampoo conditioners,so I'm not tempted to use them.I'm going to a retreat with my mom and sister soon.I'm sure they would like to have them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 11:14pm
Wow, I cant beleive i havent updated in this long.I got lots of goodies with my tax check.Not much hair wise though.I did get a clip in volume peice.Its longer than my natural hair but great for faking all the pretty udos my hair isnt long enough for yet.

Makeup:I got Sugar's bronzer blush combo in the big gold compact.Its great.And it looks super natural. I got smashbox O-gloss.Its pretty but only okay.It wipes off easily and then your left with no color.I actually like it better on my cheeks.I got a lip moisturizer/plump by juice beauty.I dont notice any plumping but it does make your lips really smooth and hydrated hence making them look fuller.It has a great subtle scent and flavor.I bought it after talking to one of the ladies at sephora.I was thinking it would wnd up being another dud.But I cant quit using it.My favorite thing I got was That Gal by benefit.Its a face primer with a pink sheen.When you put it on the pink blends away and just slightly brightens your complexion.It also leaves your skin matte and fills in pores.I dont like wearing makeup but wanted a more even skintone and this is perfect.Its me but better.Star

And back to hair.... I got the big ojon.5 ounces.It may not sound like much but a little goes a long long way.It took me months to finish off the 1.35 ounce jars I had before.Plus this was way more cost efficient.

I bought the dry hair sample pack by Phyto.Meh my hair is just to picky.So I went back to what my hair does like.Condition with suave naturals coconut and shampoo scalp with CO still on.Rinse apply another conditioner usually burts bees 2 minute deep conditioner for detangling purposes.Leave in for about 5 minutes.Rinse.Then towel dry with microfiber towel(this has made a huge difference).I was given this towel recentlycheer.Then brush in a dime size amount of ojon into damp hair.I had a horrible time finding a balance of moisturized but not greasy looking hair when doing this.What worked for me was to take my oil and put it right onto my wooden comb.Smear it over the tines.then brush it in until the comb it clean.This works great for me.

Another thing that has been working for me lately is using a boar bristle brush.I bought one a long time ago but stopped using it shortly after cause I was worried about it damaging my hair.My hair is perpetually dry.No matter what I do.So one very greasy day I decide to break out the BBB.It only took a few swipes and my hair looked great.It pulled the sebum down the length making the top look less greasy and more importantly delivering it to my dried out ends.So I kept at it.I had to really be aggressive in my brushing,but I was able to get the oil down the length.By the time I washed my hair again my hair looked great.It actually had shine down the whole length.I used the phyto stuff which sucked out all my oilAngry.But I've almost got it back again.I know this would never realistically work for anyone with longer hair but for those with apl and shorter this would totally work.My hair feels thicker and stronger after doing this.I think anyone who's worried about thinning might also want to be careful as this requires alot of scalp manipulation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 4:10pm
So my hair is happy at the moment.Hoping writing that doesnt jinx it,lol.

I have been doing the same wash with a little bit of rassoul clay mixed into my shampoo.My hair really likes it.Plus it get rid of the scalp crud that I was having trouble with from before.The shampoo and conditioner just werent enough.

So I've been really tempted to blowdry lately.After the big shed my hair just looks thin and flat.And I know I could really fluff it up with a blowdryer and round brush.But I havent used any heat for this long so I'm still holding out.I actually found the perfect alternative.

Velcro rollers.Large ones.I spritzed my hair at the roots with a volumizing tonic.Then when my hair was barely damp I rolled the top of my hair up.The result is nice full hair thats still soft and touchable.I didnt use any heat or setting spray.Just the rollers and root lifter.
And now a picture.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 4:29pm

And here's my new siggy and length update pic since its been awhile.the picture of the front is deceiving since my hair has a sharp V shape.

Edited by Longhairdreams - March 05 2008 at 4:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:07am
So of course that wash routine didnt cut it for long.And things got worse after that.I still havent used any heat on my hair.But I've come pretty close.
I keep seeing family member with gorgeous glossy hair thanks to flatirons and blowdryers and its hard to resist.

So I finally got to the root of my hair problems.lolGeek.First off I started back on my big dose of biotin again.And lo and behold my hair is filling in like crazy.I have lots of new growth all over.My thyroid levels are normal but I'm just not getting everything I need.But the biotin fixes that.I wouldnt reccomend my dose for everyone though.5000mcg is a bit much.

And I fixed another bigger problem,but not without running into(creating) more problems first.So the source of my hair's dryness has been Extremely hard water all along.I tried many herbal remedies and such.They never really took care of the problem.In fact things would work once or less.... and then be just as bad if not worse than before.My hair was starting to get lots of splits.

So i found a simple answer to my problem.which should have been obvious.A chelating shampoo.I was really eager to try one out so I bought Joico's version.This is where the problems begin.It worked great the first few times.My hair was super shiny soft and felt stronger.But of course it started to feel dry,but different than before.So I chalked it up to the fact that its was also a clarifying shampoo.So I buy shampoo #2 Malibu 2000 swimmers shampoo.I figure it will be great since it uses gentle sulfates.And it  does feel a bit more moisturized.But now my hair is getting brittle and breaking all over.thatsit.It was obvious by this point what the real problem was.It was protein!! Both shampoo's have major protein in them.Can you say dummy.I knew my hair didnt like protein but I thought since it was in the shampoo it wouldnt be so bad.

So I was due to clarify anyhow so I put on my suave naturals conditioner which contains Disodium EDTA a strong chelator but probably a miniscule amount in this conditioner.Then I mixed a bit of suave naturals shampoo which has tetrasodium edta (a light chelator) and nuetrogena anti residue formula to get rid of some biuld-up as well.I followed up  with loreal's mega moisture conditioner.My hair although still kind of dry was alot better and the breakage was nearly nonexistent.Great Success!Thumbs%20Up

So my hair isnt terrible but does have some splits.I bought shampoo#3 hopefully this will be the last one I have to buy.I bought Ultraswim in moisturizing formula.It doesnt have any protein tha I can tell plus it contains a nice dose of the ever important Disodium EDTA.I know my hair is forever damaged.But hopefully I can get a new start and keep my virgin hair nice and moisturized.I'm torn over a trim.I dont want to lose length and I know I can make it look nice with a cone leave in.But I also hate having crappy ends.hmmm.....I'm gonna wait it out and see what happens.I'm gonna use this new shampoo and make sure it works before I decide anything.

Hopefully next time I update my journal I can say I had great success with the shampoo and hair is doing great.popcorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 11:29am
So my hair is better.Its not breaking as bad.And I can tell a difference in texture.After much deliberation I've decided to cut off an inch or two.My hair hasnt gotten much longer because of all the previous trims and setbacks.My trims make things worse.So I'm going to go to my old hairdresser Camus and have her do it for me.I know I can trust her.Plus she can give my hair a little more shape.

So I've been pretty moody lately.I'm just at a wierd point in my life where I'm sick of being a slave to routine.That includes mundane things like my hair regime.So I've been doing alot less.And surprisingly it looks "better".Usually after my shower I blot til damp then gently detangle.Then apply a leave-in(usually ojon or softee indian hemp treatment).Then after it has completely dried I apply more leave in to tame it further.I have stopped doing all of that.I lightly blot my hair then do nothing else to it.That means no combing or leave-ins.I dont even bother after its dry.I tried it out of annoyance but my hair actually looks alot better this way.Its much less frizzy and has actual shine.It seems counter productive,but I'm all for an easier way.

And now for a new length shot:

I do like my hair long,but I'm not sure I want it any longer than it is.I'm just not really sure if I'm up for the care it needs.I dont remember it being this much work.I just dont have the time or the desire to spend this much time on my hair.I'm not going short again.But I'm not sure if I'll let it get much longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 10:54pm
So I have been sticking to doing nothing.And I have to say I love it.I trimmed my hair myself while it was wet and it worked alot better.I think it might have been the dry trims that were the problem.My hair still is dry on the length but its alot better.The henna'd part just doenst have shine,plus its alot drier than my virgin hair.I guess henna really isnt for everyone.

I went out and bought a heat protector And Boar bristle round brush.I had this idea to blowdry every now and then to do something different.Today was the first day in two years I styled my hair with heat.And it actually was pretty disappointing.It looked shiny and pretty,but.... It sucked the moisture right out of it.My hair ended up tangling.I've discovered some nice waves since not combing after washing my hair.And I missed them.Plus my hair feels alot better natural,and doesnt tangle much.It doesnt shine as much when airdryed and left alone.But it does have a healthy sheen.Needless to say I wont be doing that again.It seems silly to since swearing off irons and blowfryers I have found alot of ways to style my hair that dont need them.

I did have DH take a pic just to document this rare occasion.

So I'm going to stick to my routine since its working so well.Hopefully I wont get anymore wild hairs.I really do like my hair long.I just need to keep my goal in sight.I decided to go for BSL for now since its been such a struggle getting this far.If I had done things differently I would already be a BSL.But I'm on my way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 9:25pm
So.... I did something a bit abrupt.I have been pretty good about keeping it simple where my hair is involved.But DH proposed that I go red.He said he liked it that color.So since this is like the third time he's said something I decided why not.I bought a box of Loreal pro hicolor   in simmering red.It turned out really nice.I do admit I miss my dark hair.But the red is growing on me.I dont have any good pics yet,but I'll post some soon.

I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not.But If I dont I think  I'll go to my old stylist and let her do a tint back to avoid any mistakes.Its not any worse for wear.Maybe slightly drier but I was expecting worse.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 3:19pm
So I have a couple of pics.The first one is dirty hair,but shows how bright it is in the sun.And the second one of course shows it inside.Plus you can see the difference between the hair that was virgin and the henna'd length.

I'm still not sure if I want to keep it or not.It does make my skin look glowy and healthy.I think I'll keep it for a little longer.

On another note I've been keeping to my old routine and it still is working well.Who knew not brushing could be this good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 2:02pm
badday So I just posted yesterday how I was gonna wait and see how it went with this red hair deal.But I am 100% positive that i truly hate my hair red.I had really grown to love my hair.I just wanted to make myself a bit sexier for my husband.But I dont feel even half as sexy as I did with my natural hair.If it took me bleaching it platinum to feel my sexiest I would do that.Red just isnt me anymore.Its actually wierd to me that I want to be a color I tried to cover up for years.I hadnt seen my virgin hair for so long.And turns out I love it now.Good for my hair and wallet.

So It looks like I'll be either making a trip to sally's(I'm impatient and capable) or making an appointment with my old hairdresser to cover this crap up.In all fairness it does look good.Many people have told me so.Plus it has been attracting alot of attention from strangers.But its just not me.I'll probably go the home job route.I was hoping it might work out just for the sheer fact that I put my hair through so much already.But its all for the best.So I guess my next post will be update pics for length.I see a possible trim in my future.And also a color update.I'm actually happy about making the change back.Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2008 at 1:39pm

Alot has happened since the last time I posted.I was contemplating abandoning the hairboards that includes LHC due to events in my life.I found out I was pregnant with #3.I was super excited.I have been trying for awhile.And then I lost the baby.I'm not sure why I'm even posting that here.....

Anyhow I'm trying to get back on track.I'm ready to get my mind body and hair back into shape.My hair really did start to look bad after the red.i tried to dye it back but it didnt take very well.So I then used BAQ henna/indigo.It made a huge difference.My hair seemed to benefit from it this time.I also used Catherine's new henna for african hair.Its the best henna I've ever used.Its super fine which makes it easy to mix get in and more importantly get out.Plus it gave a nice dark stain.

My only problem is it still had a red tint to it.I dont like my hair to be red brown.It just makes my skin look awful.I knew I didnt want to dye anymore.Even though my hair is still doing good doesnt mean one more wont be the final nail in its coffin.So i bought manic panic in dark blue.Not sure what color exactly? So I had no idea how potent it was so I mixed it with conditioner half and half.My hair was dark blue and green.I'm suprised since I've used special effect colors to tone my hair before and they never showed their true color on my dark hair.But after a few washes it faded to exactly what I wanted.My original haircolor!,lol

So my hair is a little rough from the dye still but I trimmed a little.And my hair loves protein since being injured.So the combination of protein and manic panic toner makes my hair appear healthyparty.And I'm ok with that.Hopefully I wont have to bad of PP shed. if at all.... Oh yeah and it might be awhile before I get any quality pics up.My camera was drowned in a river on a kayak trip,lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 11:06am
The end of an era.....

I should really post a picture with the words fail written across it over my face,lol.So I waited and finally decided that the time has come to cut my hair.My hair has been terrible since dying it red.I can get it to be ok.But its alot of work.Its funny I said I would never have short hair again.My husband said it best this weekend "I'm suprised she lasted this long".No truer words have been spoken.I'm not just cutting because of damage.It will be cute, and quick,hella cheaper, and fun.I've become so bored with my hair.I agree there is nothing boring about long pretty hair.It trumps all other hair.But... its such a pain in the butt for me personally.Especially since I'm doing so much extra to keep the damage at bay.To be honest I feel like my hair started out as something fun to do and look forward to.But over time its become a burden and oh so boring. This weekend I was putting up insulation board and I got caulk in my hair.I didnt even care.i knew It would have to be cut out.But I just dont care anymore.So I know that I'm doing the right thing.

I still dont want to be one of those little old ladies with short hair.But for now I'm going back to shorter.And when It stops being fun and easy I'll grow it out.Because its just hair.And if I'm not enjoying it whats the point? Anything else is just not me.I will make sure to post the pics after I cut it.I think I'll cut it to look like it did when it was growing out. but now I'll post one more pic of my hair as it is.I think the picture makes it look much better than it actually is.Star

Edited by Longhairdreams - September 30 2008 at 11:10am
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 12:17pm
please for give me for  popping in on your journal page, I'm sorry but i wanted to tell you this:
 You have not failed at any thing, you did exactly what you said you were going to do plus some. trial and error is such a blessing and a curse.

You have been such  an inspiration to me through out my journey as i am sure many others too.I went pixi after a bleaching incident and your journal was the thing to help me look forward to having my long hair back.  May your  next round with be just as big adventure as before. You hair is beautiful an look so healthy in your pictures.

just wanted to kinda add that so you feel like it wasn't all for nothing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 7:54pm
Thank you very much suicides eve.it makes me feel good to know other people actually read my journal.
   So after my last post I cut about two inches off.I figured it couldnt hurt if I was just planning on cutting it short anyhow.But it made me realize I really do like my hair longer.I looked at some of the meet reports on LHC.Talk about motivational.Plus I started using my blowfryer again.But I realized my hair doesnt look any better blowfryer styled than my normal bun waves style.
  I did have a pretty big setback after dying red.It really trashed my hair.I did it because my husband seemed to want it.But after I did it he didnt seem to care ,lol.But I should have known better since he's just as fickle as me.
   So I guess the first thing I want to do is try to be more creative.Growing my hair out has really forced me to try alot of new things that I wouldnt have otherwise.I love the look of hairsticks and forks and I have a few nice ones but they arent really me.They're more for when the mood strikes methatsit.I do know if I'm going to be serious about it I have to give up the heat tools again.I'm not positive I'll stick to it.but we'll see.It would be nice to be at waist with healthy hair.I want it right now,but priorities change.I do have respect for the people who set out to grow and stick it through to the end.So no pixie for me ,for now.My updates are going to be pretty boring since I'm between shoulders and apl.It would be nice to eventually have pictures that make others want to grow their hair,lol.danceparty.Yeah okay I know the danceparty smilie doenst fit but there are so many new smilie's I want to use them all,lol.batman3stooges
bigball&chainhorseOk, now I'm done.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2008 at 4:00pm
Ok, so remember when I said I was fickle,lol. Yes my screen name is longhairdreams but i have short hair.Whatev...  

So I decided on a whim to get it cut.It was definitely a shock.I think I was hiding behind my hair a bit.It was an impulse decision so I went to a salon in walmart since it was the only one open on a sunday.The girl didnt really do what I asked but it turned out nice and I wasnt expecting miracles.Especially since it only cost $13 including getting my hair washed,lol.Besides being impulsive and fickle I also happen to be cheap,lol.So Its about lip length in front and chin in back due to layering.It has cute short bangs that are just higher than the top of my eyebrows.I usually push them to the side for more of a sweep,but they look cute across too.

I do think I'm a long hair girl at heart,but I know that short hair looks good on me too.Its been wonderful having shorter hair.Washing and drying take alot less time.I dont have to do anything washing.I comb it out and let it dry.It really is a good cut.I have been playing with pomade too.I'm sure I'll grow again.I'm not even positive I'll maintain this cut.But I'm enjoying it for now.I've been thinking about getting some highlights since I've cut all the henna out.Nothing crazy.Just some lighter brown shades. I dont have any pictures yet,but I'll post them when i get some.

I'm glad to finally be rid of henna.I know everyone say's how great it is.Yeah it makes my hair shiny at first but the hair thats henna'd just doesnt feel nearly as nice as virgin or even dyed with chemicals.Everyones hair is different.Thats one trend I wish I had ignored.I dont think people realize how permanent it is.It is far more permanent than regular dye.With regular dye you can use a sulfur based remover,or even bleach it out.With henna bleach will destroy your hair.So I think i'll stick to my bad dyes if I decide to change my color.

I'm still staying with my same routine.It worked for my hair when it was long and its still working.I'm sure I'll integrate some protein in there if I start playing with color.

And I just want to thank everyone who encouraged me whil I was growing.I probably would have cut alot sooner without you.cheer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic