Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just dyed my hair and i hate it! plz help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xoxnadiaxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxnadiaxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just dyed my hair and i hate it! plz help
    Posted: August 09 2005 at 1:27pm

hi. i just dyed my hair on friday. i bought the hairdye from shoppers and it was L'oreal. i really do not know which colour but on the box it looked like a brown with a purple tint to it. instead my hair ahs turned a dark dark purple, almost black, and in the sun its like a cherry red. i really do not like the colour and i want either to go back to my previous colour, light brown, or either get highlights and streaks. i do not know what products to use or where to buy them, because i have never had this problem. to get the streaks/ hilights about how long would i have to wait until i could get them?...a week or two?..cause i really need my hair to be a normal lighter colour by aug 24th. plz help me.

thanks

-nadia

Edited by xoxnadiaxox
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 6:16pm

A lot of people here recommend colorfix.  I myself have never used it but apparently it helps to remove the color.  Maybe someone with more experience using colorfix will see your post and have helpful advice for you, should you choose to go that route. However, since I am not an advocate of at-home hair dying, my advice would be to go to a salon, to the best colorist you can find, and have them correct it. 

LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 6:24pm
If what you used was L'Oreal Féria Chocolate Cherry Deep Burgundy
Brown, I wouldn't do anything for a while. Wait a week or two and you'll
see the dark purple hues have faded and it's a natural, dark auburn. I
dyed my hair that way a year ago from a medium/dark brown and it
looked SO purple but after a week or so the weird hues washed out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic