Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese style clothings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxpinkgalzxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxpinkgalzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese style clothings
    Posted: August 11 2005 at 4:04am
Do u like japanese style clothings. I have a feeling that they dress in a way too complex...
I found myself today...
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 1:07am
I think JPop and JRock styles are totally cute, but I would enver be able to
pull it off. too many different bright clashing colors.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 12:57am

I like the unusual ways of putting things together.  Even if sometimes it's tacky or clashes, at least it's quirky and unique.  I'd much rather see a quirky, distinctly Japanese outfit than just another boring copy of mainstream American fashion.

I don't really care for EGL stuff, though.  Girls who dress up like frilly little porcelain dolls and spend all day doing nothing but hanging out in the park hoping to be noticed. . . it all seems utterly pointless to me -_- .

More awesome than a manatee!
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 5:36pm
Now they're claiming Gwen Stefani 'stole their style.' =P I really don't get
that woman's obsessions with Harajuku girls, or whatever though... it's a
little creepy.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 6:34pm

There are people in Japan who try to dress "white" or "black" all the time, as well.  I don't think there's anything wrong with appreciating another culture, and borrowing elements of their style.  I just think some people go overboard with it, that's all.

I think all the people of the world are cool in their own way, so people should embrace their own culture even as they try to learn about and appreciate others.

Edited by Kuroneko
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 5:44am
I love all of their different styles, Here it is very mainstream.
No one even tries to "stand" out.
Unless standing out means bleaching their hair, and wearing the latest fascions... It's boring... But I have to admit Im no different.. 
the_katiekat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_katiekat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:30am
I actually have a FRUITS postcard set and I think they dress pretty cute! Although as much as I like their styles, I still opt for something simpler.

I'm more into the simpler lines of Japanese costume, architecture, art,  and design. Basically, I really like Kimono-inspired looks due to its timelessness and sexiness :)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 2:53am

I like the way kimono look, but to wear them properly is so complex O_o; .  From what I've heard, the proper way to wear a kimono is actually becoming a lost art in Japan, and I've heard they have classes to teach young women how to put them on, because it's just not being passed down through families anymore.

Mostly because kimono are so complex, I prefer yukata, myself.  I wanna get one, but I'll try to wait until I lose more weight.  Japanese people are generally soo thin, it's hard for people like me to fit their clothes ;_; .

HotBLKsk8rChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 4:38pm
japanese people in my oppinion are intellegent and tasteful in all things they do. i dont agree with mismatched patterns like polkadots,pinstripes, fatigue, and flannel. but i'm an always changing fashionista. but anyone who wears their style for confidence, and didn't get their inspiration from anyone else, is a very fashionable person.  americans are influenced by their peers and hollywood.
they call me hbsc
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 2:53am
I was into EGL for a while, about 6 months actually and it's cute stuff to wear. I guess I'm just a born show-off . It's not so great in an English winter though! I do love Japanese style all the same
gwynaviere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwynaviere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 4:03pm
i love the clash of the bright colors and the frilly skirts, just because they're so different!  I've been trying to find where to buy the stuff for ages but i just can't find anything like that anywhere!!!

haha does anyone know where i could find it?  lmao     
Wyn*
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 12:06am
I see Japanese clothes on ebay sometimes, but I can't fit them :-( .  Japanese clothes, in general, are meant to fit very thin women with small breasts, so your average Western woman can't use them :-( .
gwynaviere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwynaviere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 8:10am
lol ya ebay helps a lot with that.  I love ebay.  But They're pretty expensive, and it takes forever to find what you want. 
Wyn*
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:15pm
Japanese fashion is amazing, but I would totally wrong in it....the Japanese are generally petite..and I'm not!!!

http://www.babyssb.co.jp/

Take a look at this site on the SHOPPING page, there is some absolutely gorgeous stuff that I'd love to pull off!!!

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 2:56am

I got an asian hollywood(label) pink with asian gold design and on the sides black vinyl with big pins,it's a mini skirt. I bought it at a fetish boutique in Madison Wisconsin, called "The Cats Meow", MEEEOW! ;)

I love the punk look, and a little sexy thing to wear for my husband, and myself.

God Bless,...
Katie
Audrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 4:53am
Here are best shops to buy
*Three Floor - https://www.threefloorfashion.com/
*Yes Style - https://www.yesstyle.com/en/japanese-fashion-women
*Uniqlo - http://www.uniqlo.com/
*GU - https://www.gu-japan.com/jp/pc/
*Wego - https://www.wego.jp/
*Shimamura - https://www.shimamura.gr.jp/
*Honeys - http://www.honeys-onlineshop.com/shop/
*Sanresne - https://www.sanrense.com/
Window Shop Cafe - www.windowshopcafe.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic