Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa Install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 11:57pm
sherrie, where did you buy the wawa? ive decided that i am ordering wawa in 14 inch, and that im doing the sandwich technique. ive finally got the courage. i just need to know where to order from. ive found hair sisters, but that was the only good one when i google "WaWa hair"
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 1:15am

Sher-

You done it again!  Way 2 GO!!!

-Charlene

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 2:27am
Hey Sherrie.......looing good as always!! Hope the wawa works
out for you....keep us updated!!

Bryan~The cheapest WaWa is from the seller.... VIXEN WIGS
on Ebay. Her name is Carol and she is a super nice lady!!

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 12:15pm
thanks a bumch SAS. i will check that out.
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 12:52pm
You're Welcome…I would NOT recommend you get the body
wave hair……I would buy straight only in WaWa!! Do a search
on ebay for human hair.....and all her auctions say the hair
color and length -"like human"...in the titles.

Savannah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 5:33pm

Hi SAS

Why would you suggest not to get the wavy? 

Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 5:38pm

*gasp*

Beautiful hair, it looks completely goddess-like!!!!  

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 6:10pm

Thanks girls....you are all too kind! I just love how we all inspire each other!

Ditto everything SAS said. Vixen wigs is the place to purchase WaWa from. She is reasonable on shipping and the price is right. And she is an absolute DARLING, always friendly, courteous and prompt. Love her!

And the Wawa straight is what you want to get. From all the reviews the bodywave just doesnt have the same quality and get crappy FAST.

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 10:14pm
i see. thanks girls for all your help. sometimes i feel like such a pain in the butt.

and sherrie, idk if i said this earlier or not, but the hair does look amazing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:18pm
Savannah~ Just from the experiences people have had with
the body wave on the board. I think Amm described it the best
of all...."a loofah sponge" ..what it looked like after a week
or so after installing. I was testing different kinds of glues for
pre-tipping and I used the body wave to test and it was tangling
from the start. The straight is better if you plan on buying WaWa
and just curl it yourself.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:47pm

I can tell ya from my experience the curls lasts and lasts! I curled this hair on Saturday and have not had to curl it since. With the exception of touching up a few curls here and there. I even steamed it a few days ago and the curl didnt come out, just relaxed some, but not much. Maybe about Sunday I will re-curl it again! So quite honestly there is not need to buy the bodywave when you can set your own to the curlyness you like and it will stay! LOVE IT....looks good, but still not liking the feel of it! But I think Im starting to get used to it cause it doesnt seem quite so bad now!

kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 3:10am
looks lovely ..AGAIN, Sherrie!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:33am
Sorry I'm slow.  I think I missed this originally cause i was out of town, anyhow
Beautiful.  I hope your WAWA wefts hold up alittle longer than mine did.  The curl is goreous and its good to know what the recipe is.

How are the shrinkies that are on the wefts holding up?

I can't say I'm surprised.  your hair always comes out beautiful.

:)al
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:47am
I do love the way that WaWa holds its curl. Another flattering install!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 7:26pm

Just a little update...Im not at quite 2 weeks with this Wawa, I did NOT do the sandwich method this time (cause I wasnt sure about the wawa holding up, and I wanted it to be easy to get out if I have to take it out) I did do the little tabs over the side edges of the wefts(to keep the ends from lifting) but not the full sandwiching. I have one row that is starting to come loose (second from bottom) Its an easy fix since it is in the middle...but all the rest still seem secure. Feels like I may have went a little light on the LG in that spot. I was kind of curious how long the LG would last without the sandwiching method...maybe not much longer!

Also...I was having such a major issue with the feel of this hair, and Im not sure what I did that helped but today Im really happy with the feel of it. I steamed it a couple of times and didnt seem to make much difference in the feel, but last night, I sprayed(drenched) a section at a time down with my fabric softener/water combo and then flatironed it straight. And then shampooed this morning (no conditioner) and re-curled and it is much softer feeling today! Still not like human hair but way better than before! Or maybe Im just adjusting to the feel of it a little more!

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 11:00pm
good to hear you're starting to like the feel of it sherrie. so sorry about that one row coming loose. did you glue it back into place?

and aside from the feel of the hair, how is it holdin up in looks? does it look fried? or is it still shiny looking?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 11:14pm

yeah I fixed it.It ws just a about a 2 inch section right in the center of the row. A little LG under the track (carefully of course) and Im good to go! It looks great in fact heres a photo update. It looks great (just still a little uncomfortable with the feel of it, better but not completely ok with it) Pardon the fact that these were taken at almost midnight! One of these days Ill learn to take pictures when Im fresh and perky instead of tired and pooped!

Edited by sherrie215
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 11:31pm
WOW!!! Sherrie
It looks like the real thing! Really, really pretty, thanks for
sharing!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 1:05am
ditto what cybermane said. it looks absolutely amazing.
niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 6:54am
That is so gorgeous! Truly stunning job!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic