Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa Install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 7:04am

wow sherrie - you are such a babe. i love the later pics here ...you are such a glamazon! The hair looks amazing..

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by ccross6032 ccross6032 wrote:

wow sherrie - you are such a babe. i love the later pics here ...you are such a glamazon! The hair looks amazing..

EXACTLY!! A 5' tall glamazon, but a glamorous bombshell nonetheless!

Sherrie, I think this is your best install yet, really! It is phenomenal - I can't believe that's WaWa. How many car crashes have you caused? You're a whiplash blonde, that's for sure.

Edited by Syren123
Savannah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 6:35pm

It was from your pictures that I decided to do the WAWA install with LG.  I just can't get over how awesome you look, expecially in these last pictures.  You are the pinup girl for WAWA!!  And thanks again to you for sharing all this wonderful information.

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:21pm
ok girls,
i just sent my payment to Carol of two wefts of 20" #2 dark brown WaWa straight. i cant wait to get it. this is going to be fun!
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:33am
Bryan, if you have any natural variation in the colour of your hair you may wish to get a weft of #4 or 1B, depending on your tastes. I ended up splitting the wefts in two and sewing a layer of #2 and #4 together and it gave a much more natural effect, plus it wasn't very hard at all. WaWa's cheap enough to experiment. :)
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:36am
I think Sherrie put shrinkie Hi-lites or Low-lite onto her weft before she installed it.  Check out the begining of the thread, but I am pretty sure she used 2 different colors.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:23am
Wow you look hot girl! x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
MmeduKrue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MmeduKrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 5:08pm
Whow, Sherrie... You are looking perfect! Today I was looking for new wefts, curly texture. I asked a lot of shops for wefts in curly texture...But now I decided to try the wawa. With this price, I can`t go wrong...First I thought about buying the weavy texture, but I´ll follow the advice buying the straight one in dark brown and some strands in auburn to mix... And then...curling... I like to chance my hair every two month and the Wawa hair seems to be a good thing for my purpose.I´ll try putting some pics online...
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 5:42pm
Hey Sherrie!  Your hair looks great! Hope your expirence w/the wawa is better than mine!  did you notice a major shine w/the 613?  I can't believe that's wawa!  your hair looks soo good!
MmeduKrue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MmeduKrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 12:17pm
My  hair from Vixenwigs has been shipped yesterday. This lady is quick and it was a pleasure to do business with her! I`can`t wait to get it! I took some extension hair #2 dark brown in 22" and a weft in #4 medium dark brown and one in #33 dark auburn, both 20".
@Sherrie, how many weft rows do you usually install? 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 12:56pm

I shrinkied on pretips that I had blended. The #613 is to platinum for me and the #27 is to dark.  I blended some of the #613/27bulk hair previously for shrinkies and came up with what Id compare to a #22 and #24. So those are what I shrinkied onto the #613 wefts. The color blend turned out great and it looks like natural highlites/lowlights.

MK I have 7 rows, but its about double amount of hair with the shrinkies added on. And once you put curl in this hair, its there til you straighten it out. It doesnt wash out or drop like human hair.

Bridget yes there is some shine, but I dont think its extremely shiney.

The little bit of shine doesnt bother me at all, the only thing I dislike is the feel of this hair. Its just not soft and silky like HH. If I could find a way to make this hair soft like HH I would be a WaWa user forever. I love the fact that I step out of the shower and have a head full of beautiful curl.

Edited by sherrie215
MmeduKrue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MmeduKrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 2:39pm
It is a great idea to shrink strands on a weft. Having brown hair with a red touch, it is the solution blending different colours. Thanks for sharing!
"I love the fact that I step out of the shower and have a head full of beautiful curl."
Yes, that is exactly what I´m looking for...
Maybe one get used to the feeling of the hair. I am curious how it feels and it will look like. At the moment I am wearing curly indian hair in  combination extensions /shrinkies with wefts for more volume. But it is a little frizzy.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:23pm

ok...thought it might be time for a wawa/LG update. Its been three weeks now. The hair itself still looks great. I still havent found the formula to make it soft though..LOL Wish I could figure that out...Id be in heaven with this hair. I steam it out about once a week and then reset the curl and Im good to go for another week, with an occassional touch up here and there on a curl or two, but most days(I shampoo everday) the only thing I do is blow dry the top and a little underneath and then curl my top...and Im on my way! Easy Breezy.....LOVE that!

I didnt sandwich the wefts except for the top rows. One row I touched up with a little dab of glue cause I didnt use enough to start with. The bonds are about shot at this point and its time to redo...so I got three weeks out of 'unsandwiched' LG bonds. Not bad really!

Here is a few updated pictures...one on Monday and the lavender shirt photo is this morning!

Edited by sherrie215
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:31pm

so, do you think that you will use WAWA again?

The curls rock!!  But I am afraid of the texture.  I also have very fine hair, ok, baby fine hair and almost everything feels different.  The indian hair I have been wearing even feels a little coarse to me.  but to wake up with great looking hair, would be awesome, is it worth it?????

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:46pm

Yes I will definitely use Wawa again...I will keep looking for the solution to make it soft. Fabric softener or the conditioners that Ive tried just seemed to make it feel yucky and heavy...soIll keep searching for the answer on that!

My next install will be HH again. I am just starting to date a guy and I really dont want him to feel my hard feeling hair this early in the game....LOL He loves my hair...and I definitely dont want to turn him off the first time he touches it!  

But I will start some off head experimenting with trying to find the fix for softness....I did find that using rollers helped, and maybe if I had not curled from the start with a curling iron it might be softer...but Im not sure on that one yet. When Ive reset the curl I steam my hair using a brush and brushing the steam through the hair using a fabric steamer and set in velcro rollers and then steam the curlers and let it cool and that really made a difference. Maybe if I had used steam and curlers from day one instead of curling iron...it would be softer.

But if it werent for the dating new guy thing....the trade off of soft and silky for easy styling would be well worth the trade!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:54pm

So, since I am an old married lady I should just give it a try?  I mean, it's not like I am trying to impress anybody anymore!

How many ounces are in a pack of WAWA?  Is it a double weft?

I too am wearing LG bonded wefts, did not do the sand method, and have only had to touch up 3 places.  Question tho, is it common for the LG to feel rubbery on the underside of the wefts?  Or is it an indication that I need to do a take down?  I am on week 2.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 12:06am

LOL...gsmilie I wish I was old and married...Im old and single (unfortunately) and its getting harder to try to impress somebody!

I really am not sure of the weight of wawa packaging compared to HH. The wefts of 20 inch were like, maybe 52 or 56 inch width? something like that?

Ive noticed the rubbery feeling on the unsandwiched wefts too....and yes Im sure its from the bond breaking down. I would push them as long as you can go, the rubberly consistancy isnt going to hurt anything, probably just annoy you!

JenniferL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:53am
Sherrie I wish I saw this thread earlier so i didn't have to make u repeat yourself again about ur hair methods. I can't believe u did it all urself esp. the back part. It looks like a couple thousand dollars worth of professional salon installation. Its so undectable! Has anyone ever tell u that u look like Barbie? stunning!
JenniferL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:57am
did u also cut and trim the hair after install? or is this perfect U shape on the bottom part of the hair a result of ur install?
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:59am
LOL...I think sherrie has heard that one before....... I know
I have said she looks like the human Barbie.

Lookin' HOT as ever Miss Sherrie!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic