Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa Install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WaWa Install
    Posted: August 14 2005 at 7:59pm

OK...here goes pictures, details to follow LOL...no teasin' this time!

LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 8:04pm
i think that looks just as nice as your rk install sherrie, i like it a lot : ) how much hair is that?
niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 8:06pm

Woo-Hoo! It's beautiful. Looks natural and gorgeous!

Sandwich weft again?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 8:10pm
LOL....looks the same huh! My installs always look the same....I need a change! hehehe
MillieBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillieBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 8:21pm
I think your hair is gorgeous! Hopefully if I get some clip ins mine will be that long. I love your length and it's such a pretty color.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 8:59pm
Va-va-va-voom!  That looks awesome, Sherrie!  I really love the way the curls came out.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 9:04pm
Oh yeah and the great thing is.... after I got out of the shower this morning....CURLS STILL THERE! LOVE IT!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 9:29pm

Ok....here are the install details:

I used WaWa thermal. In straight wefts. Color #613. I previously blended various shades of 613/27 into pretips for shrinkies which I shrinkied onto the wefts. The 613 alone is WAY to light for me, but with the blended tips added on it is YUMMY I love the color, it looks so natural, the highlights the lowlights....This was so easy...I shrinkied on the blended strands of prior to install. I just pushpinned the premeasured wefts to my cardboard and plugged away at the shrinkie installation while watching TV...man this is easy compared to doing it on the head! LOL

I did not use the sandwich technique this time except on the top row. LG/sandwich method lasts for approx 7 weeks on my head. (My last install, the RK hair was shot and my LG bonds were still strong at 5 weeks, and its harder to get the LG out when the bonds are still striong and secure)...so not knowing how long the wawa will hold up, I thought it might be best NOT to sandwich. Will be an easier removal if the hair only lasts a short time. It was about an hour and a half install....easy breezy. (although the shrinkie bit took a little time prior to install)

This was one full weft of the wawa plus about 100 pretips.

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 10:09pm

WOW!!!!   Looks great!!!  But it you used straight wefts, how did you get all that great curl?  I am still clueless about Syth., I would like to try it sometime tho.

Before you put the shrinkies in, did you measure the wefts and cut them to fit your head?  This seems like a good idea to add High/Low lights, I think that I will have to try that, while I am STILL waiting for my LG to arrive!!!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:02pm

Oh that was interesting...learning how to re-create my loose curly goodness that I like so well! First I tried my normal curling iron that I use on HH....my 5/8 iron...whoa I ended up with tight spirals that would not loosen like HH and would not comb out brush out or wash out...LOL. The only way to get the curl out was to flatiron it out! I tried several sizes or irons and my hotrollers and couldnt recreate my curl. Finally I found that my 1 inch curling iron worked beautifully, I wet the hair to curl it. Take much bigger sections than I would with HH...hold the iron in the hair until really good and HOT...about 30 seconds. Then carefully slide the curl off the iron and clip it til cool....dont let the hot curl fall or straighten or you lose the curl. (I went out today and bought a professional iron so it wont take as long per curl.) But what I really like is that after I showered today I stepped out of the showere with a head full of curls! And thats after sleeping with my hair in pulled back with 3 scrunchies down the length. Those pictures above were taken today with only a brief iron touch up of a few curls here and there! LOVE that!

gsmile I have done bonded wefts so many times that I know exactly the size of each row. But if you arent exact you can always trim to fit. Just make them a little longer than you think you need....you may loose a little trimming to fit..but heck the wawa is cheap!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:06pm

Wow, so after washing and blowdrying your new WAWA hair, the curl is still there?????  If that is true, what the heck have I been doing with the HH stuff??? 

Keep us updated as to how long your wawa lasts.

Oh, where did you buy it from?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:44pm

yeah...the test will be how long it lasts! Thats why I chose NOT to do the sanwiching method this time...in case I need to take them back out soon, they will be easier to get out.

I just had to blowdry the top of my head this morning and a little underneath....and the wawa was pretty much dry by that time...it was like about 10 minutes blowdring...AMAZING and a head full of curl!

If I do this type of install agin...one thing I will do differnt is prelayer....like maybe the shrinkies that I put on the wefts I will prelayer. Dont know why I didnt think about that.

One other thing....if anyone has any suggestions. I dont like the harsh feel of this hair on my back...it def. feels like synthetic and maybe thats just something Im not used to and gotta accept...but is there anything that will make it feel softer? Does the fabric softener work on the Wawa? Has any wawa users tried fabric softener?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:55am
ok wawa users....please tell me is there anything I can use to make this hair feel softer? It looks good but feels yucky! Or is it something I just have to get used too? It feels so scratchy and rough! Ive tried the diluted fabric softener. Seems like what I have tried just leaves the hair looking piecey and shiney. Ive tried...a leave on solution of very diluted fabric softener and Ive tried flasher, and dome care.....grrrr
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 8:30am
Wow Sherrie, I love your hair, its awsome, really beautiful, that is such a good idea about shrinkying the wefts.  I'm about to do my first sandwich install and have cut my wefts to the right width but I thought god what am I going to do if I glue them in and they look sparse - that is now what I'll do xx
Kymiks View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kymiks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 8:55am

Hey there Sherrie,  What I found to work very well was to steam it! Unfortunately this will most likely remove your gorgeous curls, but you know how easy it is to reset.  Here is what I did, after washing and conditioning(same as you would HH), spray a fine light mist of the diluted fabric softener on mostly the lower half of the hair, then take a tiny amount of Baby Oil Gel spread over the surface of your hands and rub down the length of the hair(not too much or you will get a greasy look) then because I do not have a steamer, I held the hair over the stream of steam from a vaporizer and brushed.  It worked wonders for the WaWa and the Plastikhaar.  Keeps the ends in good shape, as in preventative maintenance.  

Hope this helps.  You could try just doing a small section to see how it works for you.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 4:18pm

Curl update: Its been 3 days ago that I curled the wawa...and Ive showered and washed hair daily. Still looks gorgeous! I curled this hair on Saturday night...and have barely touched a curling iron to it since. I might touch up a curl here and there but thats it! I love the look of this hair but I dont like the feel....I will definitely try the steaming and see if its any softer? I did find that it feels much better after I razored the heck out of the ends. It took alot of the weight off, and feels lighter and fluffier!  But still looks just as full. And it helped with the bunchie-ness between brushings. Here is a picture right after shower this morning. Blowdried the top and underneath...the wawa is still a little damp in the picture....but look at the CURL. I am just amazed that I dont have to curl on a daily basis! I HOPE....this hair holds up for awhile!

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 4:49pm

how long was the WaWa you used? Im just DROOLING over your hair, its sooooooooo pretty :) makes me want to put loose ext in again instead of the braids I was planning on :)

~Jenn~

Kristin1474 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin1474 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:00pm

OMG!  Your hair looks absolutely beautiful! 

If you've got that much curl after three days (despite all of the showering and washing your hair) I definitely think there will be plenty of curl left after steaming your hair!  I hope that it softens up for you!

For what it's worth...it looks great!

Kristin

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:45pm

Thanks girls....It may be just me, Ive never worn synthetic before....so it may just take some getting used to the texture and feel. It definitely helped layering and razoring the ends,and I think I may do a little more yet. That made a huge difference.

Jenn this is the 20 inch Wawa.

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 11:23pm

Love the jammies!!

Oh, and the curl is great also  I think I will try syth. next time!!

Finially got my LG, tommorow is the big install of the sandwich techn., wish me luck!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic