Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very short back cuts on women hairstyles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very short back cuts on women hairstyles
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:06pm
Hi, yes I have regular stylist of two years. I like it short from time to time je cuts it shorter and I love it.  Yeah thats a good idea, I'm getting it cut latter this week. 
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:55pm
I meant to also say that back in the late 80's or early 90's a lot of girls were wearing those mushroom styles and a lot of those had the napes cut short. Becky on Roseanne had something like that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:52pm
If you want it short but too short you could tell the stylist to try using a scissor over comb technique instead of the clippers to kinda taper it or blend it. Or tell the stylist to use the largest guard on the clippers. If all else fails you can try a barber too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:36pm
Hi, its a flip spik now, ok yes it is a matter of finding a stylist and I'm sure mine will. I'm not talking all the way to the skind just a nice clippered back to blend to the spik part.  Lots of post, quess I need to see if my idea was odd, I have thick hair and think it would be nice to try with the heat this summer.

Edited by HairStyleDiva
sfa789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfa789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 3:26pm
I think clippered backs look wonderful.  Some women have very pretty shoulder and nape areas.  This is a way to show it off.  Plus it is summer, so no one will think it is odd.  With the spikes it will be natural.  I would go with a clippered nape and sides, try something new!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 3:16pm

As your tag line says "Go for it change is good, Hair grows back".

Or as my wife puts it - "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.  If you do it today and like it you can do it again tomorrow"

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 3:08pm
i think it can look nice on a short bob but not when its shaved bald i think the clippering needs to be at least left at 1/4" and shouldnt go real high up
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 1:51pm

Controversial stuff! Everyone edited their post!

[Edited by Dave Decker to remove inappropriate message]

Edited by DaveDecker
jug jug to dirty ears
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 2:21am

I don't like the really extreme stuff, like the ear-length bobs that are completely shaved, bowl-like, underneath -_- .  That just looks silly, to me.  Otherwise, I have no problem with it.  I doubt a clippered back on spiked hair would be a problem for anyone-- it seems to me a longer back would be odd with the spikes, anyway.

Edited by Kuroneko
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:36pm
I'll chime in with an honest answer.
There are lots of women who like to wear bobs with the nape area or just above clippered short. Some like to do that for the summer to keep their necks cooler, or so I've read.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm glad that women are able to wear those styles if they want them. I've seen some nice looking ones. It's no different than deciding to have bangs or layers.

I think it's key to find a stylist who understands what you are asking for though. Or at least a friend who can do it for you.

Edited to add: If I can grow my hair long by my own choice then there's no reason a woman can't choose a clippered style.

Edited by PurpleBubba

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 9:49pm
Hi this is a honest question, what do you think of a very short or clippered back on a womens style. I wear mine spiky and think of clippering the back.

P/S. This is in no way a fetish post, I visit this site daily.

Edited by HairStyleDiva
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic