Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

from black to dirty blonde!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evermendinghart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evermendinghart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: from black to dirty blonde!
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:02pm

ok so i have natual medium brown hair and i died it black a couple months ago and now i want to go from black to dirty blonde..

how hard would that be?

and what would I have to do to my hair w/ out frying it?

any advice would be adored  ,

love Andrea

So much to do, So LITTLE time..... <3
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:51am

Umm..sorry love sounds like you're in quite a mess.

Ive never heard of someone who dyed their hair black (unless it was very dark or black naturally) and did not have a problem getting it out.  The options pretty much are a) grow it out or b) strip it which will completely fry your hair or make it break off even more than it's doing now.

Black is never a smart move unless you plan to have it that way for a long time

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 3:07am
Originally posted by EmeraldNight EmeraldNight wrote:

Black is never a smart move unless you plan to have it that way for a long time

dats right.

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:31am
Yeah, sure you can say that, but what if it's already done?  The young will be young :)

Even if I'd have known how difficult it is to get out ages ago, I still would have dyed it...that's just what kids do :)

If you want it dirty blonde then bleaching probably isn't a good idea, because you'll have to do it several times.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 7:45am
evermendinghart:  It can be done, but in the other post you said your hair is already falling out.  Now, dyeing it even once can increase its fallout rate, so the fallout may be normal, but I can't tell from what you say if its normal or not, you may be the only one who can see it and tell.  I hesitate to tell you to do anything if it IS really falling out too much.  Any chance you can try to have fun with it while its black and then go blonde after it grows out?  Have you tried making your eyebrows darker to go with it (not with dye, with a little mascara or a dark brow pencil)?  That and black mascara on your eyelashes often helps it to work out better.

If you really do want to be rid of the black, I'd recommend going to a salon and letting them handle it...part of their job is also to make sure your hair isn't going to get more fried than it can handle before they do anything.  They should be willing to do test strands on it too to make sure.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic