Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to get a girl to go short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Danlovesshorthr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danlovesshorthr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get a girl to go short
    Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:12am

Hi my name is Dan, I love short hair and everything about it. I like shaved heads to just above the shoulders on women. I have been dating my girlfriend for about a year now maybe even a little more and i have wanted her to get her haircut short for some time now. i finally convinced her to go shorter than her mid back haircut that she has always had. she got her haircut to a little below her shoulders. i would love if she got a bob or even shorter. she had a bad experience a couple years back with a bob but i have seen a picture and it is clear that it is from a bad stylist not that short hair doesnt look good. does anyone ahve any suggestions on how to convince her to go shorter maybe even to a buzzcut?

Dan

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:12pm
Maybe she doesnot want to go that short because she doesnot want to.  In that case if you keep at her it may damage your relationship.  I would just quit talking about it and enjoy her for who she is.  After all there is more to life than hair!  Enjoy it!
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danlovesshorthr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:16pm

dont get me wrong i love her no matter what her hair is, and im still very attracted to her no matter what it looks like. but i like many other people here find short hair very attractive. i would settle with whatever she decided because in the end its not that big of a deal to me however if she were to do it i would be very attractive, and even more so a short bob would suit her very well as she has an extremely pretty neck

Dan

Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:27pm

Edited by Kimblonde35
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 5:22pm
I personally am not in favor of trying to get people to change their hair but my advice for those who are is similar to what Debbie said.

Leave the subject alone. If you must ask her to change then give her several options including longer bobs and below the shoulder styles. Go get some hair magazines from the store and just sit down with her and look at them together. But don't say anything about her wearing those styles.

If she sees a cut she likes she might go get it but let her figure that out. Don't ask her to. She already cut it once. It doesn't matter if the stylist messed up or not she has already tried it. If her wearing a bob is that important to you go get a wig for her to wear. Then say something like, "Honey, I'm really sorry for bugging you about your hair before. I want you to know that I love you and your hair no matter what you do. But I want to be honest with you about my feelings. I really like short hair and even though I don't really want you to change completely I was wondering if maybe sometimes when we're alone if you'd wear this wig for me. I think it would look nice on you. Again, You are beautiful already and this won't make you anymore beautiful. I just want to have some fun and to share this with you. If you don't want to that's ok. I understand. I am glad that I was able to tell you this honestly though."

I don't know if that's right or wrong but if you're going to bother her about it you need to let her make the choices and accept whatever results. That includes the possibility of the answer being "No"
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 9:01pm

Dude wants his GF to get a buzzcut. WTF?

Troll?

Bottom line it's her hair....she can do with it what she wants.

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 9:06pm

Troll- I donot think so. But I do think he likes short hair on women and there is nothing wrong with that. Alot of men do.  But I am just afraid that if he keeps asking her that she will cut it all off and then hate him for it.  Or get tired of him asking and they break up.  I am just a romantic at heart!  Dan I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor. 

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danlovesshorthr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 9:26pm

i am not pushing it for that matter ive barely said anything about it, the only time i said anything was when she asked my opinion about what haircut she should get. i of course said short and she said she didnt want to go to short so i left it at that. i would not jeopardize my relationship with her for something so silly, but thought maybe you guys might have a better idea of what to do or say. in all senses of the word i am a closet short hair lover, but would never put a relationship that i feel is going to end up very well at an un-needed risk

Dan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 1:35am
I'm glad to hear that Dan.

In the meantime offer to help her with the hair she does have. If you think she'll let you. Maybe buy a book about braids and updos or share some tips you learn here. Buy her some pretty hairtoys like nice hairsticks or combs. Maybe learn how to trim it for her.

Some ladies might not want their partner helping out with their hair. Sometimes it's better for them to do their own detangling and such. They might have a memory of a parent or stylist who even just one time yanked on their hair. So if she says no that could be why.

The key word is support her and I think you understand that. Maybe instead of hair you could paint her nails for her or something?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 11:11am

Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lights/2052/june99favori te.jpg

and then maybe "turn about is fairplay."

HAWG
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 2:07pm

why not do what i did:

i had told her several times that to me long hair is so ordinary then i printed out a few pictures and said i think you would look so hot in these haircuts do you think you would ever try them???

she said yah maybe one day   then i would show her haircuts in malls or magazines that to me (bobs) were sooo nice and say you should try that

then BOOM one day she said ok i think its time i cut off my long hair

and for a little over a year she has been getting great bobs and i am in heaven   DONT come on too strong though!!!!

i am currently tring to convince her to get the cut charlize theron has in aeon flux   thats sooo damn sexy to me

BY THE WAY IF SHE DOES CUT IT LET HER KNOW THAT IT LOOKS AMAZING LIKE I DO EVEN IF ITS JUST A TRIM!!!!!!!!

Edited by lovebobs
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by lovebobs lovebobs wrote:

BY THE WAY IF SHE DOES CUT IT LET HER KNOW THAT IT LOOKS AMAZING LIKE I DO EVEN IF ITS JUST A TRIM!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad to see you say that. It's always good to notice when they get a trim. Especially if they really did get a trim. Sometimes if they didn't get a trim they might think something is wrong so be sure to add something like, "your hair looks really nice, did you try something new or get a trim?"
Maybe leave out the word "today" because if it turned out that she didn't do anything different you don't want her to think that you mean it's good today and wasn't good another day.

Now that I'm thinking of it you could just leave it as ""your hair looks really nice, did you try something new?" and not mention a trim.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danlovesshorthr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 3:35pm

i usually know when she gets her haircut as its an exciting event for her. its something she gets nervous about choosing and will start by talking to me about how she will only get a trim and i say yeah thatll be great. and then a few days before she goes she asks again what i think she should do, i of course say well maybe you should try something a little shorter be adventurous as (we're both 19) we're young when your older you might feel that you cant do things like that because your in business or something of that nature i think its been working as she did cut it shorter the last time from mid breast to a little below the shoulder. she is scared that a bob would look bad on her but i can only imagine how great she would look. she has the perfect body for a nice chin length bob but is too nervous to even do it. but no matter what happens after she comes home from the salon i always say it looks great and it usually does. when she first comes back and its done perfectly it looks gorgeous, and i make sure that she knows, especially when she went shorter, i could barely contain myself. she had to tell me to stop kissing her i was kissing so much.

Dan

DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 5:21am

I think you should find a girl on the side with the short haired look you like. Live out your fantasy, Make love to the girl and then see if it's all cracked up to be what you imagined. If it is tell your girlfreind you would really like to see her in short hair. It's obvious she wants your opinion.If she says yes, then get rid of the girl your having an affair with pronto. If she says no to it, then keep the short haired girl you would be having an affair with on the side indefinetly.

Also there's great websites on subliminal messages and hypnosis. It's a known fact the best time to suggest things is while somone is sleeping. Particularly in there deep REM state and also when they are dozing off. Simply whisper and repeat the same sentence with your desired result and request, over and over about 5 times, low enough not to wake the person. It's well documented and used by husband and wives and bf/gf's. For example many woman have used this to get their husband to buy them jewerly, or go on a trip. Just search the net,there are web sites and books to teach you how to this ability.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 7:21pm

I don't understand the thing about people dating or marrying someone who's the opposite of what they want, and trying to change that person.  Isn't it easier to pick someone who fits your criteria in the first place?  If your criteria involve hairstyles, or some other changeable feature, once you find someone who has what you want, be sure you let them know all the time how much you like that about them.  It'll make them feel good to know you're so attracted, and maybe more likely to keep it up, or at least let you help make decisions on changes.

More awesome than a manatee!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:14am
Originally posted by DarkHelmet DarkHelmet wrote:

I think you should find a girl on the side with the short haired look you like. Live out your fantasy, Make love to the girl and then see if it's all cracked up to be what you imagined. If it is tell your girlfreind you would really like to see her in short hair. It's obvious she wants your opinion.If she says yes, then get rid of the girl your having an affair with pronto. If she says no to it, then keep the short haired girl you would be having an affair with on the side indefinetly.

Also there's great websites on subliminal messages and hypnosis. It's a known fact the best time to suggest things is while somone is sleeping. Particularly in there deep REM state and also when they are dozing off. Simply whisper and repeat the same sentence with your desired result and request, over and over about 5 times, low enough not to wake the person. It's well documented and used by husband and wives and bf/gf's. For example many woman have used this to get their husband to buy them jewerly, or go on a trip. Just search the net,there are web sites and books to teach you how to this ability.

rotflmao

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
catt_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:45am
Originally posted by DarkHelmet DarkHelmet wrote:

Uh-huh. 

Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 7:55am
Uuuuuuuh-huuuuuuuuuh.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I don't understand the thing about people dating or marrying someone who's the opposite of what they want, and trying to change that person.  Isn't it easier to pick someone who fits your criteria in the first place?  If your criteria involve hairstyles, or some other changeable feature, once you find someone who has what you want, be sure you let them know all the time how much you like that about them.  It'll make them feel good to know you're so attracted, and maybe more likely to keep it up, or at least let you help make decisions on changes.

I think a lot of the sexiness is in the change. I'd rather go out with a girl(omg lesbian) who had brown hair and wanted to go blonde, than one who was already blonde.

Similiarily, I find the idea of chopping off hair more fun than the actual prospect of having short hair.

It's not the most important factor, but it can be worrying when the perfect woman doesn't quite match up to an image, it's a niggle, it gets at you, convinces you she isn't the one for you, I can kind of see why it would be like that. It's generally best to make an effort to broaden your taste, solves a lot of problems. I did and I have a few more options open to me I didn't before now.
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 2:02am

Well see I agree with Rosalie. She hit the nail on the head. The thing that hasnt been touched on too is even if you go out and find someone who has the hair type or style that you prefer or like, there's no garuntee there going to keep it that way. Humans are by nature always changing. And woman like to change thier styles. I know there are people who have always had long hair and some who for most of their life choose short hair, but for the most part i'd say most woman thru thier life have experimented with many styles, colors and length.

That being said, I think someone's signifigant others should be told that they like a specific style or look. If this guy likes short hair, I think he should tell his wife at some point or another, because, what harm is it really? Sonner or later this girl is gonna want to change her style. Maybe she's not into short hair, But i'm being realistic, most woman have tried  short hair, alot of woman have ried many different short styles. Even if it's only once  that she tries it for him, at least he got to experience that one time, and for beggers ya cant be choosy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic