Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BlackBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help
    Posted: August 16 2005 at 12:16pm

Im african american Im 5'3 and 135 pounds.  I need to lose 10 pounds in about 2 weeks because that's when I'm going school shopping to buy clothes.  I dont think I'm fat, but I do think that my thighs are too big and I wear a size 9 in jeans and Im trying to get into a size 5.  I dont like wearing a size 9 because it makes me feel fat exspecially because I like wearing baggy clothes.  I do winsor pilates 1-2 a day and I drink a lot of water, but I feel like Im losing any weight I feel like my thighs are taking over. Please help.  How can I lose 10 pounds off my thighs in 2 weeks.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:32pm
10 lbs isn't impossible to lose in 2 weeks....but very unhealthy!!  They say to lose only 2 lbs a week by normal exercise and a healthy diet.  80% of it really is what you EAT!  I don't think pilates does as much as what a cardio workout would...such as running or using the elliptical.  I suggest hitting the gym  or running at the park if you don't have access to a gym.  Just def don't starve yourself!  It looks unhealthy!  The only thing you can do about your thighs is exercise them away!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 7:50am
Hey kiddo,

Believe me I know how you feel. I am 5'3 and was 135 or so throughout high school and wore a 9. Most of my friends were 5's or 3's and I thought I was fat (legs mainly) and hated my body, and was always trying to diet.

Later on in my life I put on even more weight and spent years hating myself and dieting.

Now I'm 135 lbs again and I realize, damn I look GREAT! My body is different from the skinnies--I have boobs and a butt and I'm curvy and sexy and I look great in my jeans. Now I think about high school and say to myself, "boy did I waste my time killing myself trying to diet when I was already looking sexy and fabulous. So what if my friends wore a size or two less!"

What a fool I was for wasting so much energy and starving myself (because that is the only way to drop 10 lbs fast and believe me darling, it doesn't stay off. I know from bitter experience).

This may not make sense to you at your age, but I hope you get what I'm saying to some degree, because you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and heartache. I found no peace or happiness in my life until I accepted myself as I was/am--TODAY, every day.

HUGS
Elissa

Edited by Elissa
[/url]

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 6:26pm

A size 9 is a nice, normal size-- not too skinny, not too fat.  I'd be happy with it, if I could get down to that size!

Maybe the problem is that you're wearing baggy clothes.  Baggy clothes make you look fat. . . but you don't have to wear skin-tight clothes, either.  Just try to pick something that fits and flatters your body, and it should help you look and feel a lot better.

More awesome than a manatee!
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 2:46pm
Love Yourself Gurl , Just b safe however you decide to lose the weight
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic