Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A horrible experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zimmery_starlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimmery_starlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A horrible experience
    Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:25pm

About a month ago I got keratin strand by strand extentions. Before I got them I let my extensionist know that I use heat on a daily basis and she told me this was the best method for me. As I soon found out that was not the case. I started shedding like crazy, and now I have a mullet looking thing! I have been looking for a new method so I can get my hair fixed, but I need something that can take heat. Any suggestions? I truely hate my hair now and will only wear it up in a pony tail because it looks sooooo horrible.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:35pm
I think the extentubes or pinchbraids would be the best for strand extensions.  A weft- either bonded or sewn in would also work well too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimmery_starlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:38pm

What is weft method, extentubes, and pinchbraids? Sorry I'm not familiar with methods?

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:43pm
zs....this board is chock full of wonderful useful information on all types of extensions and methods of attachment. If you take alook at the extensions 101 faqs thread and the bridget thread at the top of the forum, thats a great place to start. And the many many pages of posts and threads will having you reading for days! The best thing you can do is research the differnet methods and get an idea of what  type of method you are interested in and then ask away with questions...there are a bunch of very experienced people here that are helpful and willing to answer questions!  Good luck and welcome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimmery_starlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 12:15am

Metal Girl

I went to your web site and oh my gosh you have created masterpieces. You do hair so well. Do the shrinkies work well with heat? I like how the eurolocs looked too. It seem like they would be able to blend in with the hair good couse they look flat. Are they the same as hairlocs?

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 1:30pm

"Hi Zimmery-

Welcome to our hair nest~

a weft also know as tracks are a long strip of hair- sorta like a grass skirt, but hair, if thats helpful to picutre.

Extentubes are similar to microcylinders, locs or links. pinchbraids aer tiny tiny braids at the top and the hair is free after about a 1/4 inch down. the braid holds the extension hair.

Shrinkies work  well, however you dont want heat to touch them.

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimmery_starlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 8:31pm

Hey TanglesRC,

I went to  your web site and wrote you an email. you do really nice hair. I cant find a hairlocs person in my area? are they the same as eruolocs?

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 11:47pm

yes zimmery ,

i emailed you back, where are u located? i am in the inland empire area Rancho Cucamonga~ thank you for the compliment!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:04am
I would think you'd have to be using really hot appliances to be shedding all of that hair.  Could it possibly be the glue didn't adhere well to your hair?  I have keratin in now, and yes it is shedding...but not because of the styling tools...I just did a poor job applying some of the strands. 
circus_harlot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote circus_harlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 11:07pm

LOL. im sorry, but i only laugh because my hair is the same exact style right now. and god NO i didnt do it on purpose, but it was from over bleaching, and alot broke off.

i cant be of any help in the extention department but let me share my hair growth knowledge, PRENATAL vitamins make hair grow like crazy and this product sold at sallys called WILD HAIR GROWTH OIL.

good luck, my prayers are with you because having to hide hair isnt fun :(

isaac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 11:32pm
Pinch braids.

For sure.

Isaac
Cyberparlor salon
Http://www.cyberparlor.com
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 1:22am
Originally posted by zimmery_starlet zimmery_starlet wrote:

About a month ago I got keratin strand by strand extentions. Before I got them I let my extensionist know that I use heat on a daily basis and she told me this was the best method for me. As I soon found out that was not the case. I started shedding like crazy, and now I have a mullet looking thing! I have been looking for a new method so I can get my hair fixed, but I need something that can take heat. Any suggestions? I truely hate my hair now and will only wear it up in a pony tail because it looks sooooo horrible.

Keratin is a form of hot fusion method.  It is applied to the desired areas melting the keratin to fuse with the hair.  High heat will melt the keratin and therefore cause the hair extension to fall out.  There are some glues that easily melt even when you are underneath a hair dryer.  The glue your stylist may have given you was probably temporary and surely not for your styling habits.  You may need a stronger glue or a different method.

Glue fusions are the most transparent of all methods.  The downside is that they are very high maintenace.  They are NOT FOR EVERYBODY.

Try exploring stronger glues, metals, thread methods.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic