Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Here... Need Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the_emperor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Here... Need Help!!!
    Posted: August 17 2005 at 10:00am

Hi. I am of Chinese descent and have natural wavy hair. A lot of my family and relatives like it (they say they pay people to make their hair wavy), but I do not. I want straight hair. My hair is always "out of control" with one hair sticking out here and there. I'm not a hair expert so I don't know many terms. Is this called frizz?

I'd like some advice on what I can do to have nice hair.

Here is some information you may want to know before giving me advice:

- I wash my hair almost every 2 or 3 days and when it comes to blow-drying I blow until it is totally dried. Should I stop blow-drying my hair until it's totally dried?

- I do not use conditioner (should I use it? would it help "contain" my hair and prevent the "one hair sticking out here and one hair sticking out there" problem?)

- I tried using hair gel once to see what hair style I could make. None of the hairstyles work. Gel just made my hair look wet and whatever hairstyle I try to make reverts back into a state of disaster. Thus, I stopped using it after a few days.

- My hair gets messed up very easily. Example: the wind blows against my hair and it's a total mess. What I want is: the wind blows against my hair and my hair just reverts back to the desired hairstyle.

I HATE MY HAIR!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!! PLEASE!!!

Edited by the_emperor
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 11:59am

ok your first move by washing your hair every 2 or 3 days is wise because over washing hair will cause it to be dry and frizzy.

but if you use blow dryer everyday and blow your hair till its completely dry, it will make hair dry and frizzy. i suggest only use hair dryer if you really need it. air drying is much more healthier to hair. if you do use a hair dryer, use it on a low heat setting or you can use those heat protecting creams/serum/mousse before you blow dry your hair. blow dry it until its almost dry not completely, it will prevent hair from frying and frizzing.

it is the most important unwritten rule that you must use conditioner after shampooing. but there is another unwritten rule that most people do not know, which is using conditioner before shampoing and after shampoing. (Thanks anaissatin!!!!) conditioner protects hair from drying out too much during the shampooing process when used before shampooing and after shampooing the conditioner seals in moisture to hair.

you can dry leave on conditioner after you shampoo to prevent friziness. they sell it in most salons. supermarket and drugstore.

some gels contain alcohol which aggrivated frizzy hair. stick to serum and mousse to style hair. use a anti frizz serum

to tell you the truth the only way for wavy asian hair to be straight as its normal asian cousin, you have to get it rebonded. a very harsh process that makes hair silky straight and smooth up to 6 month IF DONE PROPERLY. you dont even need a comb to straighten your hair after you get it done. many asian ladies and guys in asia get it done.

ARGHH
the_emperor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 12:30pm

Thanks for the advice.

I'll tell my mother that I should air dry rather than blow-dry my hair. She keeps nagging at me to blow-dry and tells me I'll catch a cold if I don't blow-dry it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic