Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So you want to BLEACH your hair? (TIPS)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So you want to BLEACH your hair? (TIPS)
    Posted: August 18 2005 at 4:13am

ive noticed there is alot of people who come here with hair disasters & questions about their results after bleaching there hair at home or having a bad job done at a salon. for all who have done it thru trial and error, lets all try to post TIPS for people who come in here just for that or those who come that want to bleach by themselfs.

from personal experiences, here are mine:

• if your going to bleach & have the cash, seek a professional!
  • if you dont and want to do it at home, ask someone to help. you might miss a spot in the back of your head. =x
  • before you bleach, dont wash your hair for a couple days, let the oils in your hair built up a little so your scalp can be protected.
  • heat speeds up the bleaching process, wear a shower cap when you put the bleach in your hair.
  • if your head starts to sting alot, take the bleach off! because if you dont, your scalp can really be harmed. i personally had a couple of little scabs afterwards. like if i had scratched my head alot. =x
  • if you have colored your hair in the past, you can put a little conditioner in your hair before you dye and leave it in. it will help protect it even if just a little, but it will.
  • do a strand test! please please! this way you will see what it will look like on your hair. the boxes results lie! besides, you need to do this because you might be allergic! please do it!
  • remember if you have dark hair, you will need to bleach about 2-3 times total (not the same day! but you will sooner of later.) to be able to achive that non orange blonde hair. dark hair is real hard to get rid of, so be aware before you decide to bleach your hair, its not going to become blonde in one step.
  • ash dyes help get rid of red and orange tones in your hair. please consult a color wheel to see what color cancels what.
  • dont trow again the free conditioners in the boxes, use them! they are really good and are there for a reason!
  • after you bleach, buy a real good deep conditioner. dont be cheap! go and get yourself a good one from a beauty supply store.

for now thats all i can remember, if i remember anything else ill post. goodluck to everyone. and keep posting tips, even i need some! :P

Edited by ammonia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic