Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lovebobs I need ur help please!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mandiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lovebobs I need ur help please!!
    Posted: August 18 2005 at 2:41pm

Hey lovebobs I hope you see this! i was reading through this board and saw all ur talk about your wife and her sis and short hair and all that.  I have been interested in having short hair for a long time, but I never have, and the styles they have are so nice! They look so pretty!! Anyway, I am so close to getting something like that for myself but I am afraid for several reasons, even though I find the thought ver exciting.  Partly I'm afraid I'll be less attractive to guys (I'm single), but reading stuff like what you wrote is very encouraging.  I am very close to doing this but I need that extra "push"!  Any help or advice or words of wisdom :) would be greatly appreciated.  I am jealous of your wife - I want a guy like you who's into hair!! But you are very lucky to have her as well

I tried to put some pictures of myself on here but I am not sure if they will show up!!! Another problem is I have naturally curly hair and to have that inverted bob style with the stacked back might not work for me...but thats what I want!! Please let me know what u think

Thank you!

Mandie

Edited by mandiegirl
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 2:47pm

You are very pretty... any hair style will look great on you..AND, not all guys like long hair!

lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 10:28pm

wow thats cool that you want my advice ,FUN!!!

trust me it is me and not my wife who is the lucky one , i thank god everyday i met her and i cant wait till she has our baby   life sure is great right now for me!!!!

i must tell you i LOOOVE short bob haircuts buuut i know when its not right for someone   i can tell if they will not look good cut so short

you however i feel YOU have the perfect face, lips and hair for an inverted bob

your lips and eyes will stand out alot more with a bobcut TRUST ME i never knew what great lips my wife had till they were next to the ends of her hair and really stood out to me

my siister in law does NOT have straight hair and has to straighten it every day  but look how wonderful she looked in her inverted bob

if i were you id get your hair cut bluntly up to your chin and have the back tapered up to your neckline and stacked above that i think it would look really nice on you you have great lips and the shorter the back the less there is to straighten maybe get it cut in back with a clipper over comb (tapered)  like kim in pic #57 but shorter to your chin in front

as far as guys go  yes i guess most like longer hair but thats only the guys who are into hair and there are not too many of us who are soo into girls hair and besides the guys who like short hair REALLY LIKE short hair , so maybe this will be a good thing for you if its something you want then thats great cuz when ya meet a guy you will have short hair and you can than keep it short forever  i hope im pushing you id really like to see your hair ALOT shorter i think it would make a big difference for you in a big (good) way

i have convinced my wife her sister and her cousin all to cut off their long hair and ALL of them look way hotter short and all of them still have it short  so thats gotta tell ya something  right?????

by the way if ya do cut it, id love to add your before and after pics to my album   ----can i ???????

so here goes.......YES YOU SHOULD CUT IT I THINK IT WILL LOOK FANTASTIC ON YOU, I HOPE I HELPED

CUT IT!!!!   AND HAVE FUN   besides like i always say itll grow back.........   - later -

Edited by lovebobs
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Robocop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robocop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 4:35am
Well never mind the haircut, I for one can't figure out why you're single with those looks? :)
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 6:09am
Hi, I'm someone who usually posts more on the long hair boards but I like all different hairstyles.

I think you could wear shorter styles. As long as you don't mind styling them to get them straight if you prefer it straight. You're already straightening it right?

Liking your hair short means you don't have to worry as much about heat damage. Because you won't mind s much going and getting trims if it did need them.

Don't let that guy thing play into your decision. Do you want a guy who loves bobs or loves long hair or do you want a guy who loves you?

I say give yourself 3 weeks to decide. If after 3 weeks you are still really looking forward to it then you will probably like it. I'd suggest trying the longest one first so that you can try shorter ones if you don't like the longer ones.

I personally think you'd look nice with a chin length whether one length or slightly angled.

You're a pretty girl. Have fun with whatever you decide. And good luck. Make sure your stylist does what you want.

Oh and one more thing, Guys are attracted to happy girls. Do what it takes to keep you smiling. The greatest haircut or long hair won't do a thing for you if you wear a frown.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:56am

Thanks for the feedback I have gotten, I know I really do want to do this but I am just afraid to change I guess.  But that's also the exciting part, right ;)  But seeing Kim and Karen and how great their hair looks is very encouraging to me.  I am used to long hair, yes, but as you said lovebobs, it does grow!!!!  It's not like I'm stuck with that style forever.  I have not totally made up my mind yet but I will keep you posted, if anyone cares :)  Hal was nice enough to do some simulations of me with the haircut I want in various lengths (although in reality my neck is a lot thicker, haha), and he did a great job.  Anyone wanna tell me what they think??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:57am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:58am
Damn the pictures are not working, I'm sorry!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 9:10am
The links you are using are from your email.
You need to put them where you had your other pictures.
The other ones say they are on "my space"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 9:19am

Gotcha I just finally figured it out :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 9:23am
I like the last two the best

Are you wanting bangs too or do you have them already?

I think if you get or have them sweeping them to the side would be best. I don't think blunt or wispy would go well with that but longer bangs off to the side would.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 10:14am

2 more...even shorter, hehe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 10:19am
I like these two the best now

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 10:51am
i just love the last picture you put up, go for it!!

Edited by jax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 10:58am
Jax, I'm not a moderator here but I'd like to point out that this isn't a fetish site.
During pictures is going towards fetish and less about helping with hair. 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 11:15am
The shorter it gets, the better you look.  I say go for it also.
HAWG
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by mandiegirl mandiegirl wrote:

Partly I'm afraid I'll be less attractive to guys (I'm single), but reading stuff like what you wrote is very encouraging.  I am very close to doing this but I need that extra "push"!  Any help or advice or words of wisdom :) would be greatly appreciated.

Mandie,

You have nothing to worry about.  You look absolutley terrific with the shorter hair, so definitely go for it.  As others have said, if for some reason you don't like it (can't imagine that happening), it will always grow back.

We DO expect pics.

Edited by makeitshort
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:50pm
yep, sorry about that,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 3:53pm
No biggie Jax, if the person who had the pics offered / posted them on their own that would be ok.

It's just not good to ask for them.
I'm glad you understood.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 3:55pm
Jax don't worry about it.  I have *that* too. if you know what i mean! but i honestly do want advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic