Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Porpoise’s Crazy Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porpoise’s Crazy Hair
    Posted: August 19 2005 at 5:15pm

This journal is going to deal with the constant battles of my hair.

My hair history: I was born with yellow blonde thin naturally straight hair. My hair darkened to dirty blonde and grew thicker as I grew older. It remained straight and non-frizzy through 6th grade. I hated my hair then. My hair didn't even have a slight wave. I thought my hair was so boring. I envied girls with naturally curly and wavy hair. But in 7th grade my hair gradually got frizzier. I finally started wearing it up because I was so ashamed of the frizz. That summer my hair became fairly wavy. I started straightening it mainly because my mom was ashamed of it. My hair grew wavier and wavier over the next few years. I grew more and more frustrated with it. I began to envy those with naturally straight hair. Finally, I chopped my hair off senior year. I had it layered and I learned to blow dry it with a diffuser to bring out the curl. I love it now! So much easier to handle. I also found a wonderful site called www.naturallycurly.com I found many people in the same boat as me and I learned to love what I got.

I just got my hair trimmed earlier today. It's been over two years since I first chopped it off. I still diffuse it and I still love it.

I still have days where I am frustrated, but those days are rare.

I am starting this journal to document the wildness of my hair and I what I do to it.

DANGER! I drive like you do.
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 11:18am

Second day hair.  I just wake up and brush it out. Probably not the best way to deal with my kind of hair, but oh well. My hair was a lot bigger this morning and harder to comb. It's always hard to comb the first day after I get it cut. What wasn't usual was that I had more volume than I expected. Naturally, I have a lot of body and volume to my hair, but this was too much. It didn't look right. I brushed it really hard and my hair finally calmed down. My hair finally looks normal today. I really need to start experimenting with my hair so I can get the most curl out of it.

Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 2:43pm
Just finished diffusing my hair. It looks great today. It really needed to be cut. I love the messy wildness that I get after I finish diffusing it. Curly hair looks so much better on me than straight hair does! I'm so glad I gave up the flat iron!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:19am
My hair looked GREAT this morning. Odd since I had an job interview. Usually my hair will not cooperate on days that I have important events. I use the store brand of Herbal Essences Shampoo for dry colored and damaged hair. I use the store brand of Pantene Pro V's shampoo. I have no problem using stuff with sulfate in my hair. Probably that's because hair is more wavy than it is curly.  My hair still looks great now. I love styling it this way!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 3:31pm

This morning, I spritzed water on my hair to get the curls going again. I diffused it for not even five minutes and then sprayed it with hairspray. It looked awesome. My hair has gotten all frizzy now. It probably needs so more spritzing to look good. I have had an awesome day. I really do think that curly hair rocks instead of sucks!

Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 1:54pm
 I am about to diffuse my hair. The other day I washed my hair in the sink and astonishingly my hair didn't frizz! My hair is frizzing up normally today. I did wash it in the shower today. I'll reply on how it looks when I get done!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 2:11pm
Well, the wave pattern wasn't as great today...but it still turned out looking nice!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 1:36pm
Diffused dried again today. Let hair dry almost completely before diffusing. It began falling in soft waves at the top and ended in a frizzy mess of curl at the bottom. Definitely looked better after I diffused it.
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 1:59pm
Letting it dry naturally today as I have to go to work. Not a very good day for my hair at all. Not as much wave today as I would like. It's when I have a couple of days in a row where my hair remains fairly straight that I begin to freak out that my hair is straightening itself back out. I don't want that to happen! I love my natural waves and curls! If you read my first entry, you'll know that my hair changed from being naturally straight to naturally wavy. I've also read that hair changes every 7 years. It's been about 6 years since my hair changed. I hope that isn't true! Now that I know how to care for them I want to keep my waves! I want to coax more waves and curls!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 1:05am
Actually, my hair became very wavy. Yay! The waves were just taking it's nice sweet time forming!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 7:07pm

My hair looked great today! I washed it and diffused it. It waved nicely. I felt a little guilty about throwing gel in it and diffusing... But it still looks pretty good now!

Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 12:32pm
Letting it dry naturally today. Average wave and curl pattern. Nothing special.
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 2:39pm
Letting it dry naturally again today. Pretty frizzy and not as wavy. It won't matter as much since I will be leaving for work soon. Still...
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:19am
I put my hair up in a bun for work yesterday. It was still wet. I took it out when I got home around midnight. The top of my hair was smooth and shiny. The ends were very wavy/curly and bouncy not frizzy. I love it! Hair like mine that has a lot of body rules!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:20am
Oh. Those of you who have kids with curly hair and need help, check out www.curlykids.com It's a fun new site sponsored by www.naturallycurly.com and it has a lot of helpful information.
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 7:12pm

Let my hair dry naturally today. I dried beautifully in curls and waves. In fact today it dried more curly than usual. I still can't decide on my hair type. Am I a 2c or a 3a?

Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 1:39pm
I diffused dried it today despite the fact I have to work. My waves did not frizz as much today.
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 11:18pm
Let it dry naturally.  It dried very wavy today and frizzed as usual. I put my hair up in a bun because I had to go to work and you are required to wear your hair up. I just got home about 45 minutes ago and I took it out. My hair is all soft shiny and curly at the ends. Boy does putting my hair up in a bun really control it. It actually looks pretty silky!
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 1:33pm

Washed my hair today for school. Waves were really messy today and didn't form as well. It looked much better after I diffused it dry.

Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 2:07pm
Washed and diffused my hair for school again today. Waves did not frizz and fell in gorgeous pattern. My hair diffused looks really great today. Tis a shame I have to put in bun because of work...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic