Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Message for lovebobs
    Posted: August 23 2005 at 6:54pm
lovebobs,

Within just the past 3 weeks you have initated 5 separate threads on the same topic:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34501 &PN=1

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34383 &PN=1

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34251 &PN=1

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34139 &PN=1

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33769 &PN=1

I have received numerous complaints that your messages about Kim and Karen are not contained with fewer (or only one) thread.

I've asked you before to refrain from posting new threads every time you want to comment on Kim or Karen.

I am asking you again to keep discussion of Kim and Karen within one thread.  There are plenty of threads already in existence to continue your discussing them.  Please channel further comments on Kim and Karen within existing threads.

Thank you for your cooperation.

mandiegirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 11:00pm

Dave,

I don't mean to undermine your authority, as I am new to this board especially, but I don't understand why this would be a problem. A new thread might get people to notice more and create more views and interest.  Is this a problem, is it costing this board money?? Because it seems like there is plenty of space.  I am just wondering why people are complaining, because if they don't want to read a thread, they should not go into it.  This is just my respectful opinion, people are aloud to say whatever they want within reason, as I am using that privilege right now.  I guess I just don't understand why people bring politics and complaints into a thing that is suppsed to be fun and useful! If this poster was saying something outlandish and/or offensive, then yes, maybe some action should be taken.  However I don't think this is true in this case.

Thank you for your time

Mandie

lovebobs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 11:02pm

im sorry to BREAK the rules dave, anyway i will start one last post and from now on everyone look uner that post for all kim and karen news, pics and info   ok?

the post is titled:

KIM, KAREN news,pics and updates ENJOY!

Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 1:41am

Man, this stinks.

You mean Lovebobs wont be able to start a new thread 35 years from now called "Kim and Karen Get The Golden Girls, Bea Aurthur and Betty White hairstyle"

What's this world coming to?

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 6:52am
Dave could you go to the celeb board and suggest the same thing... maybe a generic post called Oooooo Great Hair.  All the So and So is looking so good could go there.  Just a thought.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 10:46am

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Dave could you go to the celeb board and suggest the same thing... maybe a generic post called Oooooo Great Hair.  All the So and So is looking so good could go there.  Just a thought.

No Hal, we need one thread called "Celebrity hair according to Fatmoogas", or should it be its own board?

natasha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:10pm
I support that motion, Hal.

ssjockey: Unfortunately, it's no longer just Fatmoogas ...
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:33pm
Is this 2001?

Hal and Dave.

Who's gonna be the first to say "I'm  sorry ______ I can't do that"

Edited by PurpleBubba
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 6:09pm
Hi Lovebobs, Thanks for agreeing to give this a try.  I think it'll work out well.  If not, we can reconsider.  Fair enough?

Hi mandiegirl, There is no problem with space or money.  I am not seeking to limit expression.  If a person is posting "outlandish" or offensive messages, there are other ways to deal with that situation (editing or deleting posts, and/or bans).  Several people communicated to me that they found the large number of threads on the same topic to clutter up the board.  If you're interested in Kim & Karen "updates," you will probably be better able to do that if they commentary is contained within only one thread.  Otherwise you might be left to wonder about the 27th prior update thread and whether or not you missed it.  On the main forum page, all threads show the timestamp of the latest post, and are sorted in order of date last updated, so updates on any topic should be easy to find.

Dark Helmet, Well, long-running TV soap's such as "General Hospital" seem to have maintained their audience despite not changing their name with every episode...

Hal, hmm... At least the celeb in question is different with each thread.  Let's just say that his strength lies in finding current pics of different celebs.  No comment on the quality of the verbiage.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 7:06am

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Hal, hmm... At least the celeb in question is different with each thread.  Let's just say that his strength lies in finding current pics of different celebs.  No comment on the quality of the verbiage.

As I'm sure you know Dave...I was just tugging at your chair a little.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:00pm

What verbiage? A picture's worth a thousand words.

BTW Given that ssjockey seems to dislike my posts so much, I advise him to avoid them, or--wishful thinking, no doubt--find another board, where he can find true pictures of celebrity hair, worthy of his aesthetic attention.

*As for Hal and his "Oooo look at her hair thread"--I never do it. I give my posts context and expect others to do the same. Sometimes there is a new picture(s), or a new evaluation based on several periods in the celebrity's life. Sometimes there is an attempt to find new celebrities who are also worthy of interest--even beyond the shores of the U.S. So far, I have not been guilty through my inoffensive postings, of upsetting any other person here, in the way that Hal upset Beach Blonde with his aggressive attitude and posturings.

Some people on this board should really lighten up. We are not talking about politics, or anything very important even. However, some of the bile that comes across pretty regularly, from certain quarters here, could hardly be more intense if we were planning future strategy (or the lack of it) in Iraq! Personally, I am pretty sure that we are dealing primarily with the problem of a few preening egos who feel that they started up with the board some years ago--and can now only feel happy if they put up posts that make their long term seniority apparent (as if you can have long term seniority on a hair board!)

Edited by fatmoogas
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:30pm

Hi Dave...

I also get lots of complaints about the many LoveBobs threads so I appreciate you speaking up. And yes...the complaints I receive is about duplication and cluttering up the rest of the threads.  So I and several other members are in total agreement.

LoveBobs...

Why not create your own thread in the Hair Journals?  After all, you are keeping track of Kim and Karen's hair journeys with you are the narrator. 

Purplebubba...thank you.

LoveBob...PB has done a great job of explaining how to set up the journals and that way you can post nonstop about Kim and Karen and have your very own thread to build.  I think that might be the very best solution.  If you have questions or problems getting them set up...I am sure PB would help...right PB?

SSJ & Fatmoogas....I am fans of both of your posting but as we have done with the 360Wave Forum...we ask people that irritate each other to just ignore those posts.  It is human nature to not always like everyone and the best way to deal with that, it go opposite directions.

Hal....good to see you.  Even if you are messing with Dave a little bit.  :-)

To everyone else...thanks for your concern and participation on the boards.

Dave...I will move all of LoveBobs various threads into one location whether he creates a Journal or not.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:41pm

I hear you, Karen and agree. In fact, it's probable that the above post is the only time I've ever referred to jockey by name. He, I think, cannot say the same thing. I absolutely guarantee never to refer to him again, as long as he does the same thing for me.

Edited by fatmoogas
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:54pm

Hi Fatmoogas,

That sounds fair to me.  When someone gets under my skin, I just go the opposite direction.  That way...everyone can do their own thing and not irritate each other.  :-)  As I said...I am a fan of both of your various postings and don't want either of you to go away.  :-)

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 1:43pm

I agree with the both of you (Fatmoogas and Karen)

Kim

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 5:31pm
Yes Karen, I will try to help if I can.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 7:18pm

Thanks PB.

I think if LoveBobs started a Journal he could go to town with his reports and everyone would be happy.

Karen

lovebobs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 7:32pm

im not interested in starting a journal

ill keep all the posts under the new topic i started , kim , karen news.....      i feel more people will see it under the short hair title   and since they both have short hair i feel its proper to keep the thread here   do we agree???????

if they grow it out i guess ill have to consider other options

Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 10:41pm
LB,

The whole point of this is,

Pretend this was your thread.

"Karen and Kim"

January 1st - Lovebobs: Karen got her hair cut. Here's the picture link _________

January 1st - Other person 1: Wow looks great.

March 1st - Lovebobs: Karen got her hair cut. Here's the picture link _________

March 2nd - Other person 2: Wow looks great.

May 10th - Lovebobs: Kim got her hair cut. Here's the picture link _________

May 12th - Other person 1: Wow looks great.

May 12th - Other person 2: Wow looks great.

With a thread like this I don't think we're going to mind if you are bumping it up when it is old. If this gets bumped up it's going to usually be one of two things.
Either you are adding pictures or comments. Or someone else is commenting.

That's what I think the point is. I can understand not wanting to do a journal because then people can't comment. They would probably end up starting a thread just to post comments.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 1:34am

Hi PB,

Perfect solution since LB doesn't want to do the journal trip.

Thanks so much.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic