Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

are curl activators good for natural hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dellatlarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dellatlarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: are curl activators good for natural hair
    Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:23am

im a african american with a diversed ethnic background. i have curly course hair. i have no clue how to take care of it. its just one big Poof. when its wet it forms spiroles and ringlets, but god forbids when it drys, it looks a mess. i tried mose, and gels, grease, hair lotions, conditiners, leave in conditiners, everything. and it controls the frizz but it drys my hair out like crazy. my hair is always dry and i have tried everything. i was told by some of my coworkers to us curl activators and i was also told to use wave neuvo hair lotion but i dont have a perm or juri curl so i dont know if i should put such products on my hair. i dont know what to do. no one in my house hold has hair like mine. please help..anyone

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:10pm
Some people use s-curl no drip activator but I'm not sure if they use it on relaxed or natural hair. They use it to moisturize their hair though so I'm not sure if it's going to make your hair curly.
I'd reccomend that you stop using shampoo. I have relaxed hair and I still shampoo but I plan on stopping if I go natural. I do CO sometimes but I use silicone products so I have to shampoo to remove them. Also deep condition.
Here is a natural gel recipe
Natural products are better for curls because they are less drying.
If/when I go natural I plan on clearing out my hair using the wet brush method. Use a
Denman D4 style brush (I have a scunci one that looks like it) and use it to brush condish in.

Edited by Layla
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 9:14am
I would suggest doing daily conditioner washes- try Aussie conditioners they are great and inexpensive. Add liquid aloe vera to your conditioner. If you wanna comb your hair do it with a wide tooth comb, and wet hair full of conditioner. After your co wash- then spray your curl activator or glycerine/water mix on your hair- massage in and go. At nite- apply natural oils to your scalp as needed. Once a week try a pre shampoo treatment of castor oil, shampoo, condition and deep condition your hair. This should help.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
dakid88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dakid88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 9:12pm

I tell u what to do by a jar of eco krystal stlyler jel max hold it comes in clear jar (real cheap) pic ur hair in the shower then get out and rub that gel in ur hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic