Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!!!
    Posted: August 27 2005 at 4:28pm
ok. heres what you need to know, and do. now keep in mind that i am not a stylist, but i have done jsut about everything imaginable to my hair.
1.) take a trip to sally beauty and pick yourself up a red protein filler.
2.) while youre there get a demi permanent auburn shade  (i recommend something from wella color charm demi perm line) that is two or three shades lighter than what you are aiming for in the final result.
3.) go home and follow the directions on the protein filler (usually its apply to dry hair and cover with a plastic cap. let process for 20 minutes ) but read the directions on the bottle and follow them
3.) apply the color, and watch it carefully as soon as you tink you see the color you want under the dye, take down a small strand from the front of your hair, and wipe off the dye. if its too light, reapply the dye to that section and wait a little longer. if its the right color wash it out asap. if its too dark, wash it out and have somebody grab some dish soap from the kitchen wash no more than once with this, and it will lighten the color up to two shades. then you MUST deep condition the hair (pick up loreal natures therapy mega moisture nurturing creme)

sorry for the long post, but this is what i would do.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
WithASixGun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WithASixGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 4:29am
I'd say that a good idea might be to dye it whatever auburn you like, and if it comes out too bright, use John Frida radiant redhead shampoo for dark reds. It'll even it out and deepen it.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 9:25pm

When doing a tint back you need to fill in with a Red Filler if you are going to try and go back to brown. If you don't your hair will be orange and icky.

blondiepooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiepooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 5:19am
Well, my hair wasn't damaged, but was bleached blonder than my norm...was going red, but with the color my hubby brought home (ok, that was a bad decision) it's gone to a very browny auburn...a load more brown that I was wanting. It is a nice color, though...just not me or what I was expecting to end up with...It's quite a bit darker that I thought it would be, even from the picture on the side. You could have a look at it and see if it's right for you...It was Garnier Nutrisse, color number is 6.66 (eek! that must've been the problem!) and it says Grenadine, now whether the name will be different is a big ?? but there it is...
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:26am
How blonde is it?  It might go a bit orangey brown at first...rather than red brown.  You might have to get more than one box to get the brown colour.
mrsricho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsricho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:27am
i have blonde hair thats been badly damaged by bleach and i'm just about to go down the street to dye my hair back to its original colour (dark auburn). will it turn out bright red or will it just be the same as the box?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic