Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mariel Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mariel Hemingway
    Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:01am

Seems to have spent the last four or five years with long hair--but was maybe best known as a short hair in the middle part of her career (began as a long hair). Personally, I think that with the strong square facial bone structure that she has, she'll always look better long.

Long.

Short.

The last one's not bad, but it's already growing out and tending towards long.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:28pm
What's with the beard dude? She doesn't really look like him.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

What's with the beard dude? She doesn't really look like him.

Um...Mariel Hemingway is the granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway...aka "the beard dude"

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:48pm
The two mid-length cuts look much better to me. They seem to compliment her features better than the long styles. At least some bangs seen to soften her look also - might make a difference with the long styles. The middle picture is my favorite look hands down.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 3:07pm
If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it. Humbug! Mariel's wide cheeks call for hair length to balance, IMO.  Bob
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 5:45pm

Really great pics, fatmoogas! 

I love the first three pics from the long haired series . The fourth, not as much where there is no bang at all.

The shorter looks don't work for me on her.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 3:49pm

Her face looks too hard with the short style.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 7:22am
Fatmoogas you are right on that.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 7:50am

Great pic FMG, thanks for including all the various comparative images.  It always helps to see befores and afters.

IMHO Mariel went with the bangs to soften her look and probably to disguise any lines or wrinkles.  That is a very old actress trick to instantly knock off some years.  She is getting a little older although still gorgeous.

I think that because of her square face shape she needs to be careful with her overall hair lengths or if she wears it long around her chin area, she might actually make her jaws look a a little jowly or drag down her face. 

While I don't really like her best in the middle photo, with careful layering she could go longer (I like her longer) and keep the softeness and avoid the danger or jowliness. 

Heather Locklear is a classic example of a 40+ actress wearing her hair too straight and too long and while still gorgeous, Heather is starting to have some face issues that would warrant a better constructed length.

Of course this is all just my own opinion.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 1:22pm

For me, she has a strangely beautiful, but hard face. I think she looks good and feels comfortable with long hair.

Edited by fatmoogas
Carmichael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 10:05am
When she had a younger, firmer face the short hair worked marvelously for her and showed off those fabulous chiselled cheekbones. Now as she ages she should avoid wearing her hair in styles that are parted in the middle or gnerally long lifeless and drab as they only serve to pull her face down further. It seems that as we watch this once classicly beautiful face age even more that soon plastic surgery will be the only remaining option for her. Unlike her famous father she can't grow a beard to hide the Hemmingway jowls.
"Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you."
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 3:18pm
If Mariel keeps the scalpel away from her face *and hair*, she'll look just super at any age, I think.  Best, Bob
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 7:10pm
Absolutely agree, Bob.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic