Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"What do you think of her hair?" posts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "What do you think of her hair?" posts
    Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:35pm

(Reposted from the "Lauralee Bell" thread so it won't get lost in the shuffle..)

Ok, I've generally stayed away from the complaints on the board about folks posting a picture and saying "What do you think of her hair?", but I gotta jump in here.  "Here" being the series of posts by The Last Starfighter, with Lauralee Bell as my example.

Lauralee Bell, while a beautiful woman with very pretty hair, has had this same exact style for at least a decade.  Same length, same color, same center part.  The picture you posted could have easily been taken in 1995 or 2005.

So, am I saying not to post such pictures?  Nope, I'm saying have context for the posting.  Do some research and show us it's been the same for a decade and still looks good.  Suggest an alternative and give reasons why it should work...other than it corresponds to your user name (e.g., lovebobs saying she should get a bob or luvshort&blonde saying she should cut it shorter and go blonder would fall into that category).  If you've just been a fan of her hair for a while, explain that too.  It's always fun to find new folks with good hair to keep tabs on.

If it's just someone you just discovered, show us multiple looks for the person from the past.  Or, accumulate a few folks and put them all in one post as "people to watch" (sorta like my Fantasy Hairball post) and the reason we SHOULD watch if it isn't obvious.  Also, try to make it someone at least somewhat well-known.  I mean your local TV anchor may have great hair, but unless it's spectacular and you can find a really good picture, most folks just won't care.

Basically, put some creativity and effort into these kind of posts and you won't get the backlash.  'Cause from what I can tell, most of the complaints stem from this exact kind of post.

Hoping The Last Starfighter will take this as the constructive criticism it's intended to be,

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 3:03pm

Hear, Hear!

Well Said Jerky, well said!

Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 4:12pm
I thought Lauralee (Christine from Y&R) did actually go above shoulders several years ago then went right back to long. Correct me if I am wrong.
cherryblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 4:40pm
You are correct.  She did have it short awhile back and then grew it out again. 
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 9:34pm

Yes I agree my post are rather bland,  although, I thought that others may want to eloborate on the subject of stunning hair, and I was just board wanting to post something. So in the future I will put much consideration, into my futire posts.

Later STAR

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 11:22pm
Last I wouldn't worry about it. I been posting away myself. If it don't cause trouble then No Blood No Report.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

(Reposted from the "Lauralee Bell" thread so it won't get lost in the shuffle..)

Ok, I've generally stayed away from the complaints on the board about folks posting a picture and saying "What do you think of her hair?", but I gotta jump in here.  "Here" being the series of posts by The Last Starfighter, with Lauralee Bell as my example.

Lauralee Bell, while a beautiful woman with very pretty hair, has had this same exact style for at least a decade.  Same length, same color, same center part.  The picture you posted could have easily been taken in 1995 or 2005.

So, am I saying not to post such pictures?  Nope, I'm saying have context for the posting.  Do some research and show us it's been the same for a decade and still looks good.  Suggest an alternative and give reasons why it should work...other than it corresponds to your user name (e.g., lovebobs saying she should get a bob or luvshort&blonde saying she should cut it shorter and go blonder would fall into that category).  If you've just been a fan of her hair for a while, explain that too.  It's always fun to find new folks with good hair to keep tabs on.

If it's just someone you just discovered, show us multiple looks for the person from the past.  Or, accumulate a few folks and put them all in one post as "people to watch" (sorta like my Fantasy Hairball post) and the reason we SHOULD watch if it isn't obvious.  Also, try to make it someone at least somewhat well-known.  I mean your local TV anchor may have great hair, but unless it's spectacular and you can find a really good picture, most folks just won't care.

Basically, put some creativity and effort into these kind of posts and you won't get the backlash.  'Cause from what I can tell, most of the complaints stem from this exact kind of post.

Hoping The Last Starfighter will take this as the constructive criticism it's intended to be,

JF

IMO, posting a link to a photo of a celebrity with a comment (even as simple as, for example "I like it") is sufficient for participation here.

While some may wish for more commentary with the initial posting, I believe that merely introducing the celebrity's photo for discussion (along with at least a brief comment) is quite alright.

This is celebrity hair talk.  Analysis & research shared here do indeed constitute "talk," but do not exclusively define it.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 9:47pm
It's certainly true that all the threads recently initiated by Last Starfighter have generated a large response.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic