Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to cut "the wedge"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to cut "the wedge"
    Posted: August 29 2005 at 1:11pm

I currently reside in Germany and am having big issues trying to relay to the stylist here how I want my hair to be cut. I always heard it referred to as "stacked" or "undercut" but am not sure which if either is correct. Basically what I am looking for is how to tell a stylist that I want my hair cut to look somewhat like the Wedge cut of the seventies but in a shorter version. I want the back to stand out very full with the sides full as well but blended into the back. If anyone could please give me the "technical" termonology to tell the stylist maybe that would be a big help. There is not a problem with english/german language...just my issue with explanations that are clear to them. I get my hair cut on Friay and need help please. Thank you very much!!!

Elania

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 7:29pm

I wish that I could help you.  I had the same problem while stationed in Stuttgart.  I could not find a German word for "taper" so I could never get the right haircut. 

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

HAWG
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 4:05am

So you know my pain...bummer. The only pic I have found of "the wedge" is not very clear. Have had no luck finding pix of "stacked" or "undercut" hairstyes...especially photos of the back. Thanx for your response though. It may simply have to wait till we get back to the states!!

Lorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 2:29pm
Have you tried google images- got ot the google website then click images.
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 3:40pm

I found a few things that might actually make a difference. Thank you so very much for your help. I have an appointment on Saturday. Wish me luck!!!

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 8:56pm

Don't know if this is gonna work but I'll try to post some pictures from this site http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2126609509

find at http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=212660950 9&idx=33

This one is more of an "A Line"

Find it at http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=212660950 9&idx=112

one of my favorites (number 146)

Enjoy.  BTW, where in Germany are you?

HAWG
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 1:13am
Hey those are great...thanx very much!!! I like 146 as well but would have to let sides and front grow out a lot...it's pretty short now. We live just outside Darmstadt in small town called Griesheim. It's half an hour away from Frankfurt. I will be going to Stuttgart at the end of September for a bike rally. Hope all is going good for you back in the good 'ole U.S.A!! I am anxious to get back that's for sure...but I must admit I will miss the beer :-)  Thanx again for the pix!!! Feel free to post any more that ya come across!!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 1:15pm

First, have fun with your haircut tomorrow.  Second, hope you see this before you go.

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip472.htm

and this should be real helpful

http://www.billrose.com/archives/historical/dorothy/dorothy_ hamill.htm

Let us know how it turns out.

HAWG
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 5:07pm

I had actually seen the first site you posted but thank you very much for letting me know anyway. I will definatley let you know how it comes out and will even try to put a pic on here as well. Thanx again for all your help. Take care!...PS...where are you in the states Hawg??

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 9:13pm
I'm in Texas, DFW area.  So, how'd the haircut go?
HAWG
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 1:16pm

The haircut went really well. I decided to change the color as well. I was a blonde before and now...well...I will let the pic tell you!! What do ya think?

Elania

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 2:55pm
I think it is sooo cute!  Do you like it?  You look very nice with it! Have fun with it! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 4:45pm
That looks nice Elania.
I am really happy that it went well for you. Your color looks nice too.

Very pretty :)

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 5:39pm
I think it looks great.
HAWG
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 5:16am
Thanx very much for the compliments. It's a breeze to style...blow and go hair...just my style!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:37am
Beautiful!  Do you have any pictures from the front?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:05am
I don't have any at the moment but will try to get a couple in the next few days and I will put them on here when I do. Thanx for noticing.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 3:14am
Cute style. Kinda reminescent of Demi Moore in Ghost. (Ha, successfully used the italics button!  *usually doesn't mess with the buttons*)
More awesome than a manatee!
Elania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 9:40am

Thanx...hadn't thought of it looking like Demi's cut...but I like that tought a lot!!! Ok here are some more pix I promised. Hope they come out clear on here as they looked a lil fuzzy to me. It can be worn with bangs or without...parted on the left or right or down the middle...or with no part at all. I love he versatility of this style!!

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:11am
That is a great looking cut!  Thanks for the new pictures.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic