Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

facial scrub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buckiefairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckiefairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: facial scrub
    Posted: August 30 2005 at 11:27am

Just wondering how often i should use a facial scrub. I've recently bought St.Ives invigorating apricot scrub and it makes my skin lovely and soft, but I dont want to over-use it or anything.Help please!

Buckie

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckiefairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 11:34am
Another thing, totally unrelated to my face and this post but, on holiday I got stung on my arm by a jellyfish and I had some weird reaction to it and now I've got this weird white shiney scar and it won't go away. People keep saying whats up with your arm and its really embarassing. Is there anything I can do to help it?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:42am

oh no...St Ives apricot scrub is really bad, the grains are not the right shape and if they are not the right shape they scratch the surface of the skin and can cause scarring....buy an expensive scrub with the right sized/shaped grains and use it once per week, twice at most.

x

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckiefairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:20am

oh man, is it really that bad? oh well, its in the bin now! Can you recomend any other scrubs? I've got combination skin btw.

BrooKiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooKiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:48am
Originally posted by buckiefairy buckiefairy wrote:

Another thing, totally unrelated to my face and this post but, on holiday I got stung on my arm by a jellyfish and I had some weird reaction to it and now I've got this weird white shiney scar and it won't go away. People keep saying whats up with your arm and its really embarassing. Is there anything I can do to help it?

1) Realize that people can be obnoxious and that while you might have a temporary physical imperfection, they've got a serious character flaw. 

2) Be sure to keep sunscreen on the scar.  If not, you'll end up with a reddish or pinkish scar.

3) When I asked my derm about a scar on my arm, he told me to use Mederma.  You might want to pick up some of that.

I've been there on the scar.  I had dog bite that required 13 stitches, ended up infected and left a pretty nasty scar.  Seven years later, it's faded considerably, but for awhile, people were under the impression that I went through all the pain and stress so that I would have a conversation piece on my arm.  It'll be time to wear long sleeves soon, so that will solve part of the problem.  Just take care of the scar and it should become a lot less noticable.  If it doesn't, you might want to see a dermatologist because there are things that can be done to make it less noticable.  Good luck.
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 9:16am

Johnsons clean and clear is fab.

x

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 8:42pm
St. Ives scrub works great for me.  I love it...never knew it was bad.  I've been using it for a long time.  Well, if you continue using it I wouldn't suggest using it more than once or twice a week.  My skin feels so soft and smooth after using it.  It seems to help my skin tone even out also. I ususally moisturize with shea butter afterwards and my skin is fine
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 6:54pm
I recommend True Blue Spas' Three Ring Citrus scrub. $14.00 and used
twice a week, has lasted me more than a year.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 4:23pm
I just bought Lush's Angels On Bare Skin and oh my goodness am I in love!!! It's supposed to be a cleanser, but I use it as a scrub everyother day. My skin looks much smoother than it did when I started. I broke out a little when I first started (but it could have been hormones) but I haven't broken out since and my skin isn't nearly as bumpy as it used to be. I only use a teeny bit too, like the size of my finger tip so it lasts a really long time too.

HIGHLY recommended. I have sensitive skin and only bought al ittle cuz I was afraid all of the essential oils and stuff in it would make me break out, but it hasn't so far:)

I've used St. Ives too but stopped because it kept irritating my skin, and the grains in the Lush scrub are much smaller and stuff.
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 2:04am
check out opaltech77 on ebay. webaddress in my signature
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 9:48pm
i recommend no scrubs  the more product you use the more problems you can have in the long run keep it simple. To exfoliate its simple take a washcloth and scrub your face gently same with the body that is really all there is to it, maybe use a little oatmeal soap with the wash cloth and you have a great exfoliation that is all to it.  i would never put that apricot on my face not good at all ive heard a lot of bad raves about it rule of thumb is NO FRAGRANCE i know that is harsh we all love smells but honestly your skin doesnt need perfume  on it think about how toxic that is, everything i use is fragrance free and natural. good luck!

Edited by babycheeks24 - June 21 2006 at 9:49pm
Babycheeks
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:21pm
awful
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic