Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair From Peru?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair From Peru?
    Posted: October 01 2005 at 12:45am

http://public.fotki.com/cherrycoke/sample_of_peru_hair/

Here's a few of the girls she sent. She sent me a lot more though.  Some with before and afters of their hair cut. MOst of the shots seemed to be in the same place and a few more things that lead me to believe that the hair was from legimately from peru..or at least some place that was not india.

Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 4:59pm
cherry can u post the pix they sent u? I am thinking aboutordering from them, but I haven't seen any pix other than the few you posted earlier. TIA
K-B
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 5:52am
I do remember that one hair article that some one posted stating that Italian hair refers to hair processed in Italy. The hair itself is Indian.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 3:39am
Well, I do know that the lady in Peru will send you pictures of different girls and ask what kind of texture you like. And the girls are definitely not indian.  There's also pics of them with their hair before and after being cut off.  She sent me a lot of different curly photos trying to figure out what kind of curl I was after..do you like this girls or so-and-so's hair. I really think this hair is legitimately from Peru.  She also sent me pictures of a woman holding the hair and the same woman appeared in several of the photos with the other girls. They had REALLY long hair.  It seems like a lot of work to make me think the hair isn't from india.  Who knows.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 12:36am
I guess you'll tell us next that Italian Mink hair is not from minks currently living in Italy.

Feh.

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Italian hair... whatever. I'm Italian and let me tell you that I and not any member of my family have hair growing from our heads worth selling.

Italian is a quality grade. If anyone actually believes Italian hair comes from Italy, well, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.   
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 9:57pm

Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

Every article about the human hair supply industry says the same thing, tho: the best quality of human hair comes from India. Genetically, it's the best.

I hate it when hair companies say that.  They even say that with Russian and Spanish {from Spain} hair is the best.  I say it all depends on what look you are trying to achieve, your budget and if you are looking for short or long term wear.

Indian hair is less costly b/c it is the most abundant.  It has a stronger curl.  Genetically at its virgin state, the cuticles are thicker in diameter.  Indian hair is universal for both cauasian as well as for those who relax their hair.

European, Italian hair cuticles have a finer diameter and not as abundant therefore more costly.  The curl/wave is not as strong as the Indian.

Asian hair is thicker in diameter and very straight.  Clients who want that Pantene shampoo ad look love this hair.

Most of the hair compaines supply Indian and Asian hair.  And when a high lifted color is desired, the cuticles are stripped making the hair fine thus resembling 'European'.

As far as Peru hair is concerned, I think it is somewhere in the league of the "not as abundant" in supply making this hair expensive.  Also getting hair that is virgin, fine and has an even curl- is considered a rare find.

My clients who have gorgeous hair to begin with and who are looking for that right curl or that right whatever and who can afford it buy the rare finds.  Whereas clients who are on a budget or those who have 'abused' their hair with overlapping bleach and/or daily usage of high temp styling tools are very happy with the 'easy to get hair'.

I would like to try some Peruvian hair though.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 6:32pm
I've never seen a Consumer Reports type industry mag rating hair (in that you're receiving unbiased information.) Even if it existed, one bundle of hair can't be measured by the same standard as the next one.

Is Indian hair the best? It certainly is the most available and that kinda skews the percentages in favor that it would have a higher rating. I've had my hands on a few wefts where I could unquiviocably say yes, it is the best. I've also had some that I would call horsetail except I wouldn't want to offend a horse's tail by saying that.

Peru hair, Italian hair... whatever. I'm Italian and let me tell you that I and not any member of my family have hair growing from our heads worth selling.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 4:58pm
I just find miscellaneous things on the internet.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 4:56pm
Where are these articles?  I'm assuming some industry mags but what are their names?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 4:46pm
That's the thing about Indian hair: it goes from silky straight European-fine to kinky curly thick. I've had excellent texture matches (like the RK I have in now! heehee) - silky straight but with some body - and I've had terrible, coarse hair that didn't even BLEND let alone match. It was like wearing a broom.

Every article about the human hair supply industry says the same thing, tho: the best quality of human hair comes from India. Genetically, it's the best.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 2:42pm
THoughts on whether or not Indian hair matches well with caucasian hair.  I am not a stylist

I'm wondering what the typical diameter of european hair is.  I've seen it somewhere before.  I just don't remember and I'm typing freefomr without looking sh*t up today.  I measured the diameter of my hair the other day I think it was 5 or 7 microns.  I'll go check and edit this post ina little.   Anyhow I found that indian hair that I got was an excellent texture match to my hair.   All my friends know I wear extensions (though usually they are pick or blue or some really obvious color) but they all had to be told when I wore the Indian hair from Fina.  (though they are somewhat dense since I told them I was taking the day off from work to install it and my 'natural' hair got 8 inches longer overnight).

Anyhow, again I'm not a stylist but I think that the one Indian hair that I have tried matched me fairly well.  hmmmm
dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 7:41am
Yeah! And another thing that we should remeber is that the reason why Indian hair is so accesible is because these women sacrifice their hair to temples. It is rare if they just cut off their hair for money. Their hair is one of their beuty straights that is held in high regard. I doubt if women in Peru are chopping their hair off for money. I mean can their possible be enough women in Peru to accomodate everyone interested in buying it. I don't know. I know nothing about Peru or economic state that it is in. However, when I spoke to my girlfirend, who is from El Salvador, she said that in the harshess conditions, she doubts if they would sell their hair.
DUTCH
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 1:28am
That makes a lot of sense, Dutch. If Peru was a viable source of high quality hair, it would have been harvested a long time ago. The pictures that were posted don't show any difference between "Peru" hair and Indian hair, imo. I have BOXES of Indian (and "Italian" for that matter) hair that look amazingly similar.

You've been in touch with this supplier since Feb and all of a sudden her prices shot up? That's a red flag right there. Unless, of course, there's a shortage of hair in Peru all of a sudden.

This is such a racket.
dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 1:11am

Hello All!!!!! I am new and I am soooo happy I joined. I was a member of BHM for a week and soon realized I was in the wrong place. Haha!! Too much drama. At any rate I joined in on this discussion because I have been in communication with this woman for awhile now. February to be exact and boy have her prices sky rocketed. Take a look:

Dear Sir,

The prices in dollar is:

Straight Hair and Wavy Hair:
14-17inches: US$ 195,00 per kg
18-24inches: US$ 250,00 per kilogram
24-28inches: US$ 295,00 per kg

Curly hair:
14-17 inches: US$ 230,00 kg
18-24 inches: US$ 265,00 kg
24-28 inches: US$ 312,00 kilograms

Regarding the samples, we could send you 30grs of curly hair. How many hair do you need? and Please, send us your full information address.

Awaiting your reply,

Maria

Now honestly, when I received my samples, I thought it was indian hair. I assumed that they were getting indian hair and selling it under the pretense that it was from Peru. I know that Indian suppliers sell to many areas in S. America. Many brazilian sites do this.  Now that she has marked the prices up I really believe this is Indian hair because she is trying to make a profit just like everyone else. Basically her prices are retail prices. 8 ounces of hair would be $300. That is the typical going rate for hair sold at retail. Her prices are definitely not wholesale prices.
DUTCH
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 9:42am
Haha..Cherry……I call the straight hair the “Brooke Burke”
…..my dream hair!!

This 2nd sample I got (from Italy-20" weft) the strands on the
weft were a little thinner than my first weft sample (from Peru)
which had fatter strands……so I guess the bundles will vary a
little too depending where they are coming from. The weft from
Italy looked more like a NG weft.

Edited by Save~A~Stray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 11:49pm

Oh I hope so.

No wonder I thought I got less SKMHair than I ordered.  When I asked him how much a kilo was he said 3.3 lbs. Must have been a type-O.

Yes this Peru hair is definitely perfect looking.  The curly has more character- a little frizz, but this straight hair is so perfect from top to bottom. Most of all the straighter indian hair I have seen has some hairs broken off shorter or different lengths in the middle but this hair is completely straight and slick all the way down. This hair is 26 inches and is just as soft at the bottom as it is at the top. It looks like that cascading hair on those pantene commercials.

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:52pm
Now Now Girls, Mariposa is definitely not a troll!!

As a stylist myself...I can totally relate to her post. When I first
looked at the straight hair from Peru,I thought how similiar it
was to hi-end Indian hair. Some ponytails you get are nice thick
& slick. Look at the pic of the Indian hair on the end and you
see how much it looks like the straight hair from Peru. The
Peruvian hair is so perfect looking that It almost looks fake...it is
soooo perfect and high quality. That's also why I recomended it
for clients with thicker type, healthy hair. I totally agree with you
Mariposa!! I myself could not pull this hair off and that's why I
am looking for top quality Russian hair which matches my hair.
I am happy to have found this hair for the client with this
particular hair texture that wants extensions matched perfectly
to their own hair.

Sorry Mariposa...we have gotten a few trolls come lately and try
and disrupt the flow....I hope you don't take it personally and I
appreciate your post......you are right on girl.

Yes Cherry, 1 kilo is 2.2Ibs ,35oz, 1000g.......Oh no Cherry,
you're gonna have less hair than you
thought!!heehee..Bummer girl!!

Oh, forgot to tell you I got a super long & wide sample of the
straight hair from Peru this morning from the Italian office and
WOW!! It had no smell at all....very nice. This was definitely a
super sample I got. So Cherry, they may send you a second
delivery from the other office too!!

Edited by Save~A~Stray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 4:40pm
I thought a kilo was 3 lbs
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 4:10pm
The hair from Peru is between $1000 - $1200+ for 1 kilo
(2.2lbs),, wefted 23-26” straight/curly.

Oh.  Hell.  No. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic