Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help on getting a flat stomach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Phatty_Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phatty_Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help on getting a flat stomach
    Posted: August 31 2005 at 6:56pm

I need

>What foods should I eat to make my stomach flat

>What exercises should I do to make my stomach flat?

>And every thing you know on how to get a flat stomach

plz can you help me outtttttttt

P.S. How long do you think it will take to get a flat stomach

sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 11:09pm

Get on a 2000 calorie diet and do pilates.
WORKS!!!
I lost 5 lbs in a month!!

Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 2:38am

Honestly, nature didn't intend women's abs to be completely flat.  That's why women who are far from fat still have a little "poochy" area that's so hard to get rid of.  The celebs who have flat abs diet and exercise obsessively.  Most of them have personal trainers.  If you're willing to work hard, you might be able to do it, but it's not a very attainable goal for your average woman.

More awesome than a manatee!
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:42pm
That's right.  I saw a programme recently on just how hard those celebrities push themselves to get "the perfect body".  I'd rather be healthy than completely thin.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 2:30am

lots of crunches and pillates.

Remember though, if you have extra fat around your midsection then excersize alone wont help.  a LOT of people have perfectly toned abs, but theres a layer of fat above it so you cant see.

If thats your problem, then you need to do cardio to drop the excess fat as well as stomach excersizes.

Sweetcandicurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetcandicurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 10:13pm
I know this might be a stupid question, but what is cardio? thanks
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 3:21am

cardio = cardiovascular excercise

As in, excercise which gets your heart pumping faster and gets you breathing harder. Jogging or high impact areobics would be good examples.

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:31am
tredmill!! =] and i do belive in crunches for a flat tummy.
Sweetcandicurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetcandicurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 10:43am
ok, yeah, i just got a tredmill so maybe i can try going on that 2000 calorie diet and working out on my tredmill and doing crunches..........hopefully it will work
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 11:51pm

There are different kinds of crunches to target different areas also.  Some that target the lower part of the stomache, obliques, etc.  I am a strong believer in pilates and yoga.  But at the same time you need to do heavy cardio in order to loose the fat.  I love running.

*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 2:40pm

To accomplish your goal the healthy way, it will require a combination of eating and exercising the right way.You will probably have to change some of your eating habits (if you're eating unhealthy) , this alone will require alot of determination and will power but ur goal is attainable.

For some inspiration take my experience: I recently lost 10pounds in a month by changing the way I eat and putting my treadmill to use. It was hard, I will admit it. But it was totally worth it. I tried the Special K diet (2bowls of cereal per day and 1 regular meal) and i bought the 60 Second Ab machine, a jump rope and exercising mat and worked my butt off. I am pleased with the results and you will be too. You just have to stick with it.

Good luck

My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 12:38am
Will the pilates help get rid of my hips?!
Also, will cardio (power walking) help shrink my boobs? They've gotten a bit more full since I've aged and gained some weight. I'm almost 18 and around 120-130 pounds. Size 34 C. I'd like to get down to a small B cup...hell I'd love to be an A, but I'm not sure how likely that is.
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 11:37am
Will it help get rid love handles ...........i want a flat stomach and get rid of them
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 12:25pm

Yoda: pilates does help you get a more fit body all over, but it can't do miracles. If you are born with wide hips you can't do much about it. Exercise can make you breasts smaller, but probably not that much. Many would kill pay a lot for c-cup though!

princess8907: I've heard love handles are very hard to get rid of. It's very normal to have them though, even if you have a flat stomach. And as Kuroneko said: women's abs aren't supposed to be completely flat. It's nice to be curvy and feminine!

Edited by Pampinetta
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 3:28am
Thank you for the info Pampinetta  I appreciate the help!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 3:52pm

the stars do have to work really hard to get such flat abs.There's always on a caloric restricted diet.And of course lots of cardio to burn off extra fat.I myself am faithful to yoga and pilates.They really work.And paired with some cardio it definitely slims you down.I know I practice Ashtanga yoga and you have to be in fairly good shape just to adequately do a begginer session.It makes your body feel good though.

And as far as boobs go,I feel your pain.On average I'm a 34 C.But I have been as big as 36DD.And I can tell from personal experience that my boobs looked best by far when they were a measly 34 B.They bigger they get (naturally) they heavier they get.And big floppy boobs arent nearly as flattering as small perky ones.

Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 7:53pm

To: LongHairDreams
 Exactly!! I want to be flat-chested again!

~*~UkGirl~*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*~UkGirl~*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 6:24am
I have tonnes of flab on my stomach -it seems to be the one place that I never lose the weight from, and as people have said in this thread it's not really going to do much good trying to tone the muscles if they are covered by excess fat, but I have never come across any way of choosing where you lose weight from when trying to shift the pounds!
harvard_hottie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvard_hottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 11:39pm
It takes cardio and crunchies! But most importantly is dedication. I do about 300 crunchies a night. But your probably  thinking 'who has time for 300 crunchies a night??' that's what I mean by dedication lol

Edited by harvard_hottie
     -~*`THINK PINK`*~-
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:19am
I don't do anything to my tummy and it is still flat. All I do is a 5 mile bike ride every day. That's it...and I eat healthy. I think it depends on your body. My fat collects around my thighs and buttocks. I wish it would collect around my breasts.

I'm a 36 A cup and believe me you do not want this small a breast. It's hard to find stuff that fits me there...like dresses! And forget halter tops! I wish I could have a B instead of an A. But with the perkiness...yeah. That's great.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic