Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Oils for Smoothing Out Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Oils for Smoothing Out Hair?
    Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:42pm
Hey guys,

Is there a way to make your hair smooth by using oil? If so, what types of oils are most calming and good for your hair?
I use Olive oil alot, but it makes my hair smell kind of wierd. Have any good smelling oils in mind?

Thanks a bunch,

Edited by sporty_chick
Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 10:50am
Jojoba oil is a great oil for the hair.  I make an olive oil infused with herbs that do great things for the hair and I scent it with essential oils that help not only the smell but your hair too.
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 9:09am
This is a little strong, but it's a good smell. I always used rosemary in my
hair when it's wet, I think when it dries it makes it smoother, then you can
run a little through after it's dry if you want more. Also, I think over time
you see the benefits more and more
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 9:18am
Olive oil, herbs, rosemary... if I use it all together...I'll smell like chicken!
:) Guess it'll have to be each separetly!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 11:30am
Japanese camille oil helps to smooth the hair and it has a nice light scent :-)
Hair album
pw:Romeo
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 12:15am
Originally posted by NaturalBeauty NaturalBeauty wrote:

Jojoba oil is a great oil for the hair. 

i've always heard about usin this and aloe

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
BenBlaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 9:06am
Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

Japanese camille oil helps to smooth the hair and it has a nice light scent :-)

Yeah I've heard the same thing
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 11:30am
I play around with essential oils a lot...

The best combo I've used so far is jojoba as a carrier oil (about 1 Tb.), about 3 drops of Rosemary EO, 2 drops of Lavender EO, 2 drops Sage EO, and then a couple of this mixture I have of jojoba & frankinsence EO.

Put it on DRY hair... comb through with a wide tooth comb and put a plastic conditioner cap on. Then I kinda heat it with my blowdryer for a while because i dont have a dome dryer.

I leave it on for a few hours. Then rinse, only shampoo my roots and use a good deep conditioning treatment.  You can put a little Rosemary oil on your fingers and massage your scalp with it when you're done washing your hair as well. It stimulates your scalp.

My hair looks AWESOME when I do this, and feels like silk. I can't stop touching it!

Let me know if anyone tries this combo.  Smile
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 8:21am
hi,
warm coconut oil and take a cotton ball, then dip the cotton ball in the oil and gently put the oil on the scalp by making thin portions of your hair. Then gently massage your scalp and then just tie your hair and do not comb and then go off to sleep...... believe me you will gt a great sleep

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 4:45pm
I like jajoba, and olive oil.
kittenbubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenbubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 3:44pm
hey Anomis
goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 5:20am
Olive & jojoba oils are very good as a conditioning agent & smoother for the hair.

I like pure coconut oil much better - the type that goes solid in the cooler weather. The parachute brand smells absolutely delicious. I take a pinch and rub it between my warm hands to disperse it. Then I apply it to the ends of my hair. It has really helped my hair and at the same time it smells sweet & pleasant!
http://www.planet-goddess.combecomebeautiful.htm/">My
Love coaching system, seduction secrets, pageant & celebrity beauty tips...
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 7:03am
Coconut oil is very good for hair. I generally use coconut oil which is pure, removed from dried coconut's . This form is very pure and helps to strengthen hair.

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 6:58pm
over the counter coaconut oil smells so good, and softens my hair
gomcy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 7:19am
essential oils are very important for beautiful skin and hair...

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 22 2009 at 1:13pm
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 12:17am
Nice tips.
If you want some natural remedies for hair loss then this site is very good. It gives good tips on natural treatments which are hassle free, cheap and have no side-effects.

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 22 2009 at 1:14pm
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 8:34am
thanks for posting this link
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 4:52am
Your most welcome. I love natural treatments for my hair loss problems. They don't damage my hair.
anyda.sin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anyda.sin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 3:25pm
For smoothing your hair its better to use olive oil,castor oil and almond oil and do massage.After applying it wrap your hair with a hot towel and then after 1 hour wash it with shampoo and conditioner.
Anyda.sin Online Pharmacy
26maddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 26maddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 1:28am
I am using olive oil from 3 years and i don't feel weird smell after washing my hair,i will suggest you to shampoo your hair twice and rinse your hair in more plain water or you can use lemon water(1 lemon in 2 big bucket of water) .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic