Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mayonnaise Treatment & Ceramic Flat Iron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mayonnaise Treatment & Ceramic Flat Iron
    Posted: September 01 2005 at 10:51am
My hair is SOOO healthy right now it's unbelievable. I did a mayonnaise treatment for 30 minutes yesterday. Then I washed it out without any shampoo, only water. Then I patted my hair and let it air dry. I used my Sedu ceramic/tourmaline flat iron on it. It doesn't damage hair. It straightened and sealed my hair full of moisture. It's been 24 hours since I straightened it. My hair is STILL full of moisture, shine, and it's completely smooth. I just had to tell you all. I definately recommend a mayonnaise treatment with ceramic/tourmaline flat ironing. Your hair will LOVE it!

Edited by Thorn
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 6:50am
We have to do a mayonaise treatment on Jennifer's hair too. We used to do it about once a month and now haven't done it for many months so we're long overdue.  Hope we can get to it this weekend.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 4:01am
What about the smell?
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 7:55pm
You don't have to use mayo that you get out of the grocery store--I use Organic Root Stimulator Mayo Hair Treatment. It's a moisterizing conditioner that really good on coarser hair textures and it's in the Black Hair care section.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 10:26pm
So all you have to do is take regular mayonaise, apply to wet hair, and leave it in for 30 min?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

What about the smell?

My question also???  Using regular mayo without washing or conditioning and then sealing the smell of mayo in your hair with heat?? I'd think that would leave a "mayo-ey" smell! Correct me if I'm wrong.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 6:23am
We always wash it out of Jennifer's hair with shampoo.  You still get a bit of smell for a day or so, but it's worth it for what it does to her hair.  Somebody asked about how to do it?  I apply it to her dry hair so her hair will suck up the mayo.  I put enough on and keep doing it until the mayo turns into an oil from the heat of her head.  It put enough on that I can actaully wring the oil from her hair.  We then wrap her head in saran wrap and a towel and let it on for about 30 minutes to an hour and then wash it out with shampoo and conditioner.  We've been doing the CO method of cleansing and have been having trouble once again with flakes so since we wanted to use shampoo we figured we'd do a mayo treatment.  It's truly amazing what mayo does.  Since we hadn't done it for so long, we had forgotten just how great it makes her hair feel.  It was really soft and looked great afterwards and still does.  If you haven't tried it, you're out nothing to give it a try and you might be pleasantly surprised by what it does.  We haven't ever found anything that compares to it.

1c.m.ii
kimberlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 1:19pm

Instead of storebought mayo, why not make your own? I do.

Recipe:

1 1/4 cup oil (I use olive oil for hair mayo)

1 room temperature egg

1 tsp vinegar

1 tsp lemon juice

Use a stick blender (example http://www.bamix.com/clips/mod_deLuxe.gif) and mix at high speed until all ingredients are mixed together and have a mayo consistency (usually about 1 minute). I also sometimes add essential oils like rosemary or clary sage to make my hair smell nice :) This recipe will cost you less than 25 cents, and makes 1 1/2 cups of mayo.

mujamuja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mujamuja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 10:04pm
I was always amazed at how a girl I knew hada such beautiful hair. I asked her one day how she got it that way and she said she did not comb or brush it and let it air dry. I have mid back straight hair and it really makes my hair healthier. I do not have any split ends. I do use the mayo method and I love the way my hair becomes managable. I have flyaways and when I do the mayo treatment, my flyaways are tame.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:16pm
Well I finally decided to do the mayonaise thing. I love it! My hair only smelt eggy up close and I was able to blow-dry it! My friends were amazed and the second day air-dry is even more wonderful. I have mirror hair!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 6:33am
We're glad it worked for you, Hellfrozeover.  It's kind of funny how something from a jar that you're supposed to eat can work such wonders on your hair, but it does.  Maybe the shampoo and conditioner makers could learn a thing or two from Kraft ... HAHAHA!

1c.m.ii
Karen123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 1:09pm
Were do You get the type of iron?Can you get it at sallies beauty supply
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 4:10am
Wow...I've never heard of a heat styling tool that doesn't damage your hair

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 11:21am
Can you burn your self on it? Because if you can then it will damage your hair. Ceramic ones are meant to be better for the hair I think though.

Hmm, I was a bit dubious about trying mayo but after all these glowing reviews, maybe I should. One question-when shampooing it out would you put the shampoo on the length or doesconditioner alone remove it?

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 12:23pm
The last time we did it, we used just conditioner and it removed it just fine.  Rinse it thoroughly before putting the conditioner on it and the water alone will rinse away a lot of it.  Can't hurt to give it a try; you might be pleasantly surprised.  Let us know how it works out.

1c.m.ii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic