Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conair Ceramic...Good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conair Ceramic...Good?
    Posted: September 01 2005 at 9:16pm

I bought a Conair straightner yesterday, i'm just wondering, if its worth using, because after i use it, i wont be able to return it. It was for 20$...thats why im wondering.

Should i try straightening?

Post any reviews, good or bad.

Your Canadian Buddy,

Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 10:48am
conair is good if yuor hair isnt damaged. ive found tho, that i had better results when i bought my helen of troy ceramic series flat iron from sally's beauty. it is $40. well worth the investment.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 12:32pm

So i should just return it?

Much Luv

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 4:23am
what they dont tell u abt the cheaper irons is that they're actually only ceramic coated, which believe it or not, makes the 100%ceramic ones better for ur hair. For long term use u should def. buy the types u can get at beauty supplies like sally's. A lot of people like jilbere (i think thats how u spell it) which runs around 37 US dollars...
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 4:50pm
Do not use that on your hair. It will eventually cause big big damage. Even the Helen of troy is not all that good. Save some money and get a good iron. Get a Sedu (that is what I have) or a Solia from Folica.com. Or you can get an Adams Sphere Super Star on Ebay for about $75.00. That one is also very good, and everywhere else is $150. Your hair is your most important accesory. Treat it right, and buy the right tools for it. If there is something that can make or break your hair, is your flat iron. Get the best you can.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 4:01pm

Hey,

Thanks guys, by the looks of it, i think i'll just return it and save up money for Sedu or Solia.
By the way, how long to the more expensive straighteners last?

Cheers

Much Luv

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 8:06pm

I'm not sure how long the good ones last. I've only had my Sedu for a year. However my understanding is that they are supposed to last 3 to 5 years if you take cake of them properly. Except for the Chi which has a reputation for shorting out withing the first 9 months. I'm glad to hear you decided to go with a good iron. You will not believe the difference. It's from day to night. And your hair will thank you for it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic