Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hellosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help!!
    Posted: September 02 2005 at 3:31pm

Hi all, I am such desparate need of help :O( I decided that I wanted to go from my natural dirty blonde to platinum/bleach blonde. well, as a dummy I did so from a box....my hair was really white, so we took off the dye about 3-5 minutes early. Now I am offically Big Birds stunt double!! I have really light hair with a very yellow tint...almost strawberry blonde, but in a high dose of nuclear radiation. What can I possibly do to save myself??? I had to come in to work today and wanted to cry  

it's been 4 days, it's just getting lighter!! and the yellow is not really toning down, and the bottom of my hair does not match the top! please help...

tinfoiltrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinfoiltrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 7:42pm
okay, calm down. this problem should be easy to fix, as long as you consult a proffesional. go to a hair salon you trust, and ask them about fixing your hair color (the same thing happened to me, only i started with extremely dark hair) and they will most likely tell you it needs to be dyed back (either to it's original color or they might suggest darker hair to be sure it coats evenly) take their advie. DO NOT do it yourself. it will cost you to get it done professionaly, but i think it will be worth it in the end. also, adding new dye is a relatively safe process, so it shouldn't cause too much more damage, if at all. it is the bleaching process (or removing of pigment) that is damaging...if need be, go out and buy a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. if it's still dry, invest in a deep conditioner.
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:41pm
Manic Panic in Virgin White should work well, because it has violet in it to
counteract the yellow tones. Actually, tinfoiltrees told me this!

Or just get a regular violet toner and see how it goes.
hellosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:47am
thank you guys!! i am going to try the violet toner thing...the yellow has definitely faded, and surprisingly- people like it! Ive gotten a lot of compliments...is the toner something i can just go to sally's and do myself- or should I go to a salon?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic