Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is my hair double-processed????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JessiHeartsYou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessiHeartsYou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my hair double-processed????
    Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:59pm
I have naturally medium brown hair. A few months ago I wanted to try something new so I dyed it a light brown and put highlights in it. I decided I wanted to dye my hair completely blond after that... so I went to wal-mart and found "haircolor remover" by clairol... It said when you use it in your hair it removes the artificial color as well as your natural color (because when you dye your hair the dye replaces your natural color), and it leaves your hair a very light orange color. It said after that it is safe to dye your hair another color with permanent dye. So I dyed it blonde. Everything turned out ok, although I was SO paranoid during the process (I have heard a lot of bad hair stories). So my first question, is my hair double processed? This is where it gets kinda sticky... I liked it at first, but now hate my hair color and I want to go back to brown. I was wondering if I could use the same haircolor remover stuff, and take out this color, then dye it brown? I CANNOT go to a salon. There is NO possible way. So please don't even mention it.
tinfoiltrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinfoiltrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 9:25pm
I suggest unless you REALLY hate it...don't dye it again. but i've had it done professionally and they say adding hair color is pretty much a safe process...it's stripping and bleaching that's bad. So if you must change it...just find a nice brown dye...as long as the blonde hair tone is even and not splotchy, there should be no need to strip it before dying it again
tinfoiltrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinfoiltrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 9:28pm
oh and also....stay away from tones that are very red or purple (like those purple-brown-black shades that are popular) because blonde hair is porous and will suck the color right up...and you will be extremely purple/ red. unless of course that's what you want
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 4:15am
Its totally unnecessary to strip a lighter color when putting a darker one over it. In fact, i suggest u choose a semi permanent preferably from sally's. remember to test strand first and choose a color one/two levels lighter than what ur aiming for. And if ur hair has warm goldish tone then choose something like medium ash brown. If it has ash, then maybe try medium golden brown, and if ur not sure then the best option would be to choose a color like neutral brown (or 5N)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic