Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clear Skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrooKiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooKiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clear Skin
    Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:42am
I have more or less good skin.  I tend to break out around my period (this time around, I had three blemishes, two on my chin and one on my cheek) and a few blackheads and visible pores on my nose.  I have extremely fair skin and I do have some hyperpigmentation left over from past breakouts.  I also suspect that some of my breakouts are a result of sensitive skin.

My goal is to have the best skin possible by Halloween.  The look for my costume involves no base make-up if possible (long story).  I'm trying to do the inside/outside treatment: eating more vegetables and fruits, drinking lots of water, less junk, and plenty of exercise and rest, as well as sticking with a regular skin care regimen until then.

Here's what I'm doing: I'm currently using the Neutrogena Advanced Solution Acne Care System...though I'm using Cetaphil in the morning instead of the included cleanser.  I'm also using the Neutrogena Acne Fading Peel.  I have the Oil of Olay vitamin packets and I'm going to try to remember to take them on a regular basis (I'm so forgetful when it comes to that).  I may also try spending some time in the sauna. I'm still debating on getting a couple of facials. Sooo...any advice or suggestions?  Should I do anything differently?  Thanks in advance!
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 1:49pm

I've never used it, but I heard the Neutrogena products are pretty good. I love Cetaphil, it was suggested to me by my dermatogolist a few years ago. Also, the key to getting and keeping great skin is consistency. In my experience, I had to find the products that worked for my skin and STICKING w/ them!! For me any variation from my products or routine will cause breakouts. Also drinking lots of water, exercise, good diet, etc will help keep skin clear. Facials are a great way to rid skin of impurities and removing dead skin cells that dull your complexion. Sounds like you're on the right track, just be sure to stick w/ it.  ~GL~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic