Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much developer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mydogcansit2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mydogcansit2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much developer?
    Posted: September 04 2005 at 4:48pm

Hi all- i was just curious how much developer i use, I'm dying my hair black so i went to sallys and asked the lady there to help me out, she gave me Loreal Oreor Creme vol. 20 and Loreal Permanent hair color.....but me not thinking didnt even ask how much i use.....so i would appreciate it if someone can help me out here.

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 1:48am
its usually a 1:1 ratio of color and developer. there should be directions on the box of dye (or even  the developer bottle) but 20 vol is way to high to go darker with. go back and exchange the 20 vol wit 10 vol. this is much less damaging to the hair.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 5:10am

yeah exactly you don't need 20 vol, since black dye is all about deposit and no lift..

The only reason to use 20 volume would be if you have gray hair, than you'll need 20 to get full coverage.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic