Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scar Reduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scar Reduction
    Posted: September 05 2005 at 2:13am
Does anyone know of any products/oils that eliminates scars? Hopefully you have tried this product yourself and you received good results. I just had foot surgery and I wanted to find a good product to use before the incisions start to heal. Thanks!

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 10:20am
there is no way to completely eliminate scars. what you can do is use mederma to make the scar less visible. it will become flesh toned, and flatter in appearance. i have used this for everthing from acne marks, to stretch marks. and it works wonderfully.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 11:23am
thanks I'll try it on my foot but it didn't seem to work for my stretchmarks.

My hair idol
Transitioning
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 4:28pm
My mom told me that my uncle once cut his hand really badly and needed stitches. She said that he applied vitamin e on it everyday and doesnt have a scar.
My girlfriend's peircing was pulled out of her skin and I gave her some vitamin e to use and she didn't scar either.
I've also used it a few times on like burns or cuts and stuff and have found it definitly helps.
You can get it in a bottle (its a bit expensive) or buy the gel capsules and just puncture those and use the gel inside.

Also, I've heard great things about this stuff called bio-oil. I think the website is bio-oil.info or .co.uk.  A girl I know said her mom was recommended it after surgery. I'm not sure if its available in the US though so you may have to order it.

Good luck! Please let me know what you decide to use and if it works.
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 6:14pm
I've used Merderma for a surgical scar a couple of years ago. It didn't totally eliminate the scar, but it flattened it so as I didn't have that "raised" look. Also, blended the color so that it's less noticeable. You do have to be consistent and apply 2-3 times a day to get good results.
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by aseya aseya wrote:

My mom told me that my uncle once cut his hand really badly and needed stitches. She said that he applied vitamin e on it everyday and doesnt have a scar.
My girlfriend's peircing was pulled out of her skin and I gave her some vitamin e to use and she didn't scar either.
I've also used it a few times on like burns or cuts and stuff and have found it definitly helps.
You can get it in a bottle (its a bit expensive) or buy the gel capsules and just puncture those and use the gel inside.

Also, I've heard great things about this stuff called bio-oil. I think the website is bio-oil.info or .co.uk.  A girl I know said her mom was recommended it after surgery. I'm not sure if its available in the US though so you may have to order it.

Good luck! Please let me know what you decide to use and if it works.

I second this!  Vitamin E works wonders for scars!  It stops them from forming before they heal.  The key is to start applying it to the scar during the healing  process, before it has fully healed.  Use it 2 to 3 times a day and make sure it's straight vitamin e and hasn't had any other oils added to it.  I got mine from cvs.  I had a bad burn and I started applying Vitamin E immedietely and thank God it healed with no scar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 11:04am
thanks for the replies

My hair idol
Transitioning
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 8:32am

Hi

where can u buy pure vitamin e cream please? i have just submitted a post as i have really bad scarring on my face from breakouts.

this stuff sounds fab! also can u use the bio oil stuff on your face for scarring?

i'm willing to try anything!

thanks 

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 4:24pm
Hi Shabs:) You can buy vitamin E at a pharmacy or drugstore. If you're in the UK, then I'm pretty sure you can find it at Boots. It comes in capsule form (the capsules are gel and you just puncture one end and use the liquid inside) or you can get it in a bottle. The bottles are small, and pure vitamin e can get a little expensive. I bought some in a bottle for 30dhs (around $9 and that was the cheapest one hehe)

I am currently using Bio-Oil on my little marks on my face from acne. Its made them go back to being pink or red as opposed to dark brown, so hopefully it will also help fade them. I've only been using it for a week though.  I will let you know how it goes!
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 3:00pm

Hi Aseya, you come to my rescue again

thats really useful thanks. Since posting this i did a little research and managed to buY some pure vitamin e oil online from www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk

hopefully this should help get rid of the scarring. i saw some vitamin e cream on there which i'm thinking of buying cos i desperatly need a new moisturiser aswell. the current one is doing nothing for my skin...

definatly let me know how you get with the bio oil, hope it works. i'll keep you posted with mine aswell x

Edited by Shabs_
mocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 10:17pm

Hello Guys,

Try Elicina Cream it helps to eliminate scars....

www.elicina.biz   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic