Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baggie Method Advice Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qwickstudy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwickstudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baggie Method Advice Needed
    Posted: September 06 2005 at 1:00pm

Hello Everyone,

Help !!!

I just tried the baggie method for the first time.  This morning I gathered my ponytail in the back and put a polish on my ends and then sealed them with this sticky vaseline.  I put the baggie around and sealed the baggie.  Then, I put on my fake pony tail .

My question is.....

How long do I keep this vaseline & baggie on my ponytail?

Thanks to anyone who responds.......

~Qwick

Hair Type: 4c
Length: 17 1/2 inches
Goal: To just above my waist

All things are possible to those who believe ! :-))
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 4:43pm

Some people do it at night while they are sleep...others let it stay on for days.  The length of time is really up to you.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwickstudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 4:57pm

Hey Cme....

Thanks for the info. I am like a kid in a candy shop with all this information.  I've been doing some research on various products to use on my hair.  There are so many different products out there (starting to get information overload)....but I am trying to stick with all natural products only.  I was really interested in Nioxin....but they use chemicals in many of their products. 

I've finally decided that I'll stick with Hairobics All Natural Products www.hairobicsallnatural.com or www.shop.hairobicsallnatural.com .  They don't use any chemicals in their products!!  On the website, you'll see pictures of  Stephanie (the owner) and the awesome results that she has achieved as a result of using these products and the vitamins also. I really like their shampoo, leave in conditioner and hair oil (used to use it when I wore braids).  I'm gonna purchase their pomade and try the baggie method with that, instead of vaseline.  I've never tried the hair/scalp booster, the moisture retention conditioner or the scalp rejuvenator......so I'll purchase these items as well.  After I try out this for a while, I'll report back at the Grow Out Challenge forum with my results.

Also, I went to your Homeade Home Recipe forum and saw many concoctions that I'm going to try.  I'm interested in your Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask and the Hair Setting Lotion for flaky scalp.......also I'm going to try Honeydoo's Avocado Hair Mask.

I'm going to experiment with some different ingredients and I'll try to post a few recipes over there.   Thanks again.

Peace,

~Qwick

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 6:32pm

No problem! Tell us how everything goes...I havebeen to the site you mentioned but haven't purchased anything from it. When I get the funds I might order her conditioner and oils. Thanks for the reminder and update.

Also, have you tried going to a health food store for natural shampoos and conditioners?

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwickstudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 4:42pm

Yes....I do frequent Whole Foods, Wild Oats & a few "mom & pop" health food stores; always looking for the latest and the greatest products. 

I do like Nature's Gate Rainwater Herbal Awapuhi Shampoo, Nature's Gate Biotin Treatment Shampoo & Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner.  I've been using these products for about two months.  However, I'm looking for more than just shampoo & conditioner.....preferably a comprehensive all natural product line that offers a booster, leave-in conditioner, hair oil, moisturizer, vitamin......in addition to shampoo & conditioner.

Hey.......by the way, I found some smooth shea butter (versus the gritty, beady kind) that I mixed with vaseline for the baggie method....I'll let you know how this goes.  Also, out of pure curiosity, I've been doing some research about vinegar with regard to hair applications.......more on this later.

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 9:04am
qwuickstudy- How is your baggie method coming along?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic