Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

switching from Feria to Colorsilk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pixiecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: switching from Feria to Colorsilk
    Posted: September 07 2005 at 6:38pm

I have been coloring my hair with Feria Blush Blonde in 94 for over a year, and I'm finding it to be very damaging.  It is the perfect colour, so I went looking for something gentle, and natural like herbatint but in Canada it is so expensive.  I found Revlon Colorsilk in Strawberry Blonde for really cheap, and it looks to be the same shade.  Hopefully it will be similar enough that it will not turn my roots a different colour.  I plan to put it on my roots for 15 min and then to the rest of my hair for another 15.  Do you think this will work?  Is there anything that I should do, besides a strand test to help my hair look uniform?  Has anyone had experience with both of these colours and brands? Any info is appreciated.

pixiecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 7:42pm

Oh yeah, another thing i'm worried about is if I colour over my already coloured hair with the strawberry blonde will it darken it by depositing colour or will it stay the same?

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 8:52pm
Oooh Colorsilk! That sounds good... is it good?  It may deposit colors over your already colored hair.  Making the hue diffrent. I didn't know that could happen but apparently it could. I had such a heavy color build up on my ends that they turned a yucky blodey green color. *eeep*
Hopefully it works out for ya!

~* Bambi Lee *~
pixiecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 1:29pm

I actually tried the colorsilk last night and I had only half an inch roots, so I put it on the roots for like 10min and then spread it to the rest of my hair for another 20 min.  It looks the same as the Feria blush blonde but a bit more red and way more natural.  The amazing thing was that there was no smell during processing and no stinging or burning on my skin.  After I rinsed my hair it was soft like silk before I even put in the conditioner!!!  Amazing!!  I can't believe I paid 2.99 for a box.

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:28pm
wOW, i'LL LOOK OUT FOR THAT, IT SOUNDS PERFECT.  Do they do darker shades?  Reds?  Purples?
pixiecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 5:05pm

yeah, the have a good selection of shades.  Go to the revlon website and click on haircolor and then colorsilk and it will show you the shades.  Then if you want to see what the box looks like in the shade you like, search google for it, and you should find a picture.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic