Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair color help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair color help.
    Posted: September 07 2005 at 8:47pm
This is actually a good picture to show the multitones in my hair and what I'm trying to erase... as you can see I have lovely roots. Black... hmmm charmin, however from there you see a darker, reddy blonde which extends half way down my length and then the rest is a light ash blonde (which I'd love to have all over but I can't seem to get it the same color.)
I always seem to fix the problem for a short while but somehow the roots always turn reddy-blonde after a week or so. I don't know why. I figured the color is merely WASHING away from my hair. But I don't think it should because those parts aren't bleach processed. (not a blonding bleach, maybe whatever is in blonde haircolors....). I've tried Cool Blonde, Extra Light Ash Blonde (which works for only a week.) Ash Blonde, Light Blonde... I have no idea. Again everythign I do is from a box, and I can't get any products from Sally's or a Beauty Store (as I'm not a hairdresser)... Is there a shampoo with color depositing properties that I could use to keep the ash in?

~* Bambi Lee *~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 7:14am
I can't help you much with this issue, but if you live in the U.S. you should be able to shop at sally or other beauty supply shops.  They just ask you when you check out if you have their Sally card (that hairdressers have for discounts) and if you don't you just pay what's on the price tag.  (I know the rules are different in the UK, if you live there).

In my unprofessional opinion, it sounds like the parts of your hair nearest your head (including the parts halfway down) aren't getting as processed as the ends got.  My hair would get like this periodically when I was platinum, because the roots weren't lifting quite as much as the ends had before, so I periodically pulled my violet based dye through the darker parts of the hair, then on all the hair for a much shorter time to help even it out every once in awhile.  Frankly, I didn't worry about it overmuch, and from your photo I don't think you really need to worry about it unless it bugs you...no one would probably notice the change halfway down if you didn't point it out to them.  (I see it now that I read your post, but I didn't see it before when I just looked at the picture).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 12:34pm
I suppose it is just bothering me... Im in Canada,they don't allow you to shop at beauty stores unless your a hairdresser, I think. I should go check it out.
I tried to once when I was younger get BLUE hairdye but the woman wouldn't sell it to us, she said that I had to be a hairdresser to purchase it, maybe it was just the blue dye. Hmmm... so if I could go to a beauty store could I get something to help process my roots better? perhaps?

~* Bambi Lee *~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 7:04am
Oh, I remember another Canadian who had the same problem.  She used to get her colorfix and other beauty supply stuff online at http://www.folica.com
They don't offer what I'm used to seeing as far as dye, but you can get some extra stuff there.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 4:36pm
I don't shop online, aren't I just picky. I'll figure something out!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:45pm
I'm just going to keep trying till I get it right. My hairdresser is going to hate me. She says I have color build up on the ends, but hell, those are getting cut off anyways. Hairs hair... blah
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 4:33pm
I bought some Loreal Excellence Cream Blonde Supreme stuff and it's actually working really well so far. I have it in my roots and reddish parts.
You get a pre-color protector so I used it on my really bad parts and my roots, so let's see what happens. So far the color looks very creamy and good.
I got it in Ultra Light Ash Blonde.
*excited* I just need some ends cut off and it'll look great! I hope...
half an hour or so adn we shall see the end resutts!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 5:32pm
Ah nothign works. I'll never get it the shade I want. *sigh* I tried.
I got some cool mousse however, Fanci Ful, it deposits colors. I like it.
YAY!
Here is the result, nothing... just made the ends look even lighter... Meh, it'll work. Ah but no roots! LOL. Finally a better picture.
Here it is dried and a few dayz old. I dunno what color you'd call that but hey.

Edited by Bambilee
~* Bambi Lee *~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 6:42am
Well, again, it looks like a nice color to me!

How about the mousse?  Does it look like you dyed your hair a different color when you wear it, or just a slight difference? 
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 1:02pm
The mousse is awesome, It puts in subtle hints, it makes my hair a more beigey color. It's really nice. I love it. You can get shampoo too, I'm goign to do that as soon as I get some cash, so I can keep the color from going all brassy red on me.

~* Bambi Lee *~
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 1:41pm
Your hair looks really nice.You obviously see something the rest of us dont.I'm the same way.I have specific ideas of how my hair should look,and if it doesnt then noone can convince me otherwise.I still cant believe you get this color from a box.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 12:22pm
Hahaha, isn't seeing things that no-one else sees about one self an woman thing?
I am sure it is.  Yes still outta the box...  I used Blonde Supremes this time, it worked pretty good, got lighter in some spots, even though it gave you some kinda pre treatment to prevent that. however it did say, "DO NOT APPLY TO ROOTS." and what did I do? Yeah apply it to my roots, I think i've dyed my hair blonde for too long it's sinking in. j/k

~* Bambi Lee *~
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:46pm
you don't have to be a hair dresser to buy stuff at sally's... i'm not and i get stuff there all the time. =\ unless your's down where you live are different than ours are... hmmmm.... who knwos!?
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 12:46pm
Here in Alberta we don't have Sally's we have beauty stores and you have to be a hairdresser to get stuff there. (i tried ONCE and they told me I had to be a hairdresser)

If I wanted to go LIGHTER... without a heavy bleach.. what would I get at a BEAUTY store.

IE: What COLOR/TONER? To get a light blonde... not platinum but light.
( I might chop off the damaged length and have shoulder length hair to get it lighter so it doesn't look fried.)

Something in simple, easy words that I can print out and go get.
I am gonna try to go to the beauty shop and see if they will kick me out.

~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 12:52pm
I like this, this is pretty much what color it is... but I want it ligther... AH I"M SO PICKY! But yeah my hair color pretty much looks like that, but I want it like Scarletts, Cut like Chars, colored like Scarlett.

Edited by Bambilee
~* Bambi Lee *~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 6:59am
I don't know who those women are.  I assume you want color like the one on the right and cut like the one on the left?  The one on the right is pretty much platinum.  You're almost there, I think you just need to buy a high level dye (level 10) with a violet base.  Test strand so you know you get the timing right (if you leave it too long it may come out too white for your taste...if it comes out too ashy or white, try doing a second test strand mixing twice as much developer with the dye to get more lift and dilute the violet some (meaning if the dye bottle says mix it half and half and that makes your hair too white, for your second test strand mix 2/3 developer with 1/3 dye...but ONLY do that on a test strand first though to make sure you get what you want).  So of course you'll need developer to mix it with.  Your hair is so light you can get away with 30 volume developer definitely (meaning you don't need 40).  ...All of this is assuming you want color like the woman on the right, not the left.  Did you try to go yet?

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 12:33pm
No I haven't tried yet. I will go today. LOL
Anyways so I get a Level 10 High Level Dye with a VIOLET base?
So I should also get a 30 developer? Awesome. Thank you so much. YOU ROCK!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 12:33pm
And the women are Charlize Theron (left) and the other is Scarlett Johanson... Girl with the Pearl Earing... the Island,... Spongebob.. etc.

Everyone keeps sayign my hair is really light, so I guess I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing. Apaprently it looks good. LOL.
I have a patch of hair that is like WHITE! on either side of my head, the one layer of hair is really pale, I like it, I think that's what gives people the illusion that my whole head is like that. Which works for me. LOL.

Edited by Bambilee
~* Bambi Lee *~
malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 5:36pm

wow your natural hair color is black? you look like a natural blonde. Nobody I know with dark hair can pull off being blonde, but it looks great on you.

And with my hair, even though it's really light blonde, I never think it's light enough and always want it to be lighter. But people are always like "you hair is white!" and I just don't see it. haha. I don't like that fakey bleached play boy hair though, I like when it looks natural

Edited by malibubabe
Emilie
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 2:49am

sally's beauty supply is open to the genral public, you dont need a license to shop there.  Just for future info :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic