Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair color help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:45pm
I'm just going to keep trying till I get it right. My hairdresser is going to hate me. She says I have color build up on the ends, but hell, those are getting cut off anyways. Hairs hair... blah
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 4:36pm
I don't shop online, aren't I just picky. I'll figure something out!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 7:04am
Oh, I remember another Canadian who had the same problem.  She used to get her colorfix and other beauty supply stuff online at http://www.folica.com
They don't offer what I'm used to seeing as far as dye, but you can get some extra stuff there.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 12:34pm
I suppose it is just bothering me... Im in Canada,they don't allow you to shop at beauty stores unless your a hairdresser, I think. I should go check it out.
I tried to once when I was younger get BLUE hairdye but the woman wouldn't sell it to us, she said that I had to be a hairdresser to purchase it, maybe it was just the blue dye. Hmmm... so if I could go to a beauty store could I get something to help process my roots better? perhaps?

~* Bambi Lee *~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 7:14am
I can't help you much with this issue, but if you live in the U.S. you should be able to shop at sally or other beauty supply shops.  They just ask you when you check out if you have their Sally card (that hairdressers have for discounts) and if you don't you just pay what's on the price tag.  (I know the rules are different in the UK, if you live there).

In my unprofessional opinion, it sounds like the parts of your hair nearest your head (including the parts halfway down) aren't getting as processed as the ends got.  My hair would get like this periodically when I was platinum, because the roots weren't lifting quite as much as the ends had before, so I periodically pulled my violet based dye through the darker parts of the hair, then on all the hair for a much shorter time to help even it out every once in awhile.  Frankly, I didn't worry about it overmuch, and from your photo I don't think you really need to worry about it unless it bugs you...no one would probably notice the change halfway down if you didn't point it out to them.  (I see it now that I read your post, but I didn't see it before when I just looked at the picture).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 8:47pm
This is actually a good picture to show the multitones in my hair and what I'm trying to erase... as you can see I have lovely roots. Black... hmmm charmin, however from there you see a darker, reddy blonde which extends half way down my length and then the rest is a light ash blonde (which I'd love to have all over but I can't seem to get it the same color.)
I always seem to fix the problem for a short while but somehow the roots always turn reddy-blonde after a week or so. I don't know why. I figured the color is merely WASHING away from my hair. But I don't think it should because those parts aren't bleach processed. (not a blonding bleach, maybe whatever is in blonde haircolors....). I've tried Cool Blonde, Extra Light Ash Blonde (which works for only a week.) Ash Blonde, Light Blonde... I have no idea. Again everythign I do is from a box, and I can't get any products from Sally's or a Beauty Store (as I'm not a hairdresser)... Is there a shampoo with color depositing properties that I could use to keep the ash in?

~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic