Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skin care regimine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin care regimine
    Posted: September 08 2005 at 9:10pm

I am interested to know everyone's skin care regimine.  What do you do to take care of your skin on a daily basis?  What products do you use or vitimins do you take?  Here's my regimine (it sounds rather obsessive but I'm really dilligent about taking care of my skin)........

*Morning- wash with Noxzema, tone with witch hazel or seabreeze, moisturize lightly with unrefined shea butter.

*Night- wash with Olay Daily Facials Night(love these!), tone with witch hazel, moisturize more heavily with unrefined shea butter.

*Weekly- alternating facial scrubs using St.Ives medicated scrub or my homeade honey scrub (honey, sugar, few drops of olive oil)...I have fallen in love with this scrub.

*Face masks weekly using Queene Helene's grapeseed extract peel of mask.

*Facial steams using shea butter once every 2 weeks (very moisturizing and helps with blemishes).

*Occasionally I'll do a milk and honey wash on my face also.

*Vitamins- I was taking flaxseed oil which is supposed to be very good for skin but i ran out.  Does anyone take these and do they work well for you?

This regimine has been working well for me so I stick to it.  I have to be dilligent or it seems my skin knows if I don't and starts to flare up.

Okay, let's hear yours.........

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 10:40pm

I use the Black Opal skincare line. It's great--I love these products and it totally agrees w/ my skin!! I discovered them a few years ago and haven't used anything else since. I do throw in a few other products. I have to be consistent, because any slacking at all and my skin goes crazy.

~~Morning - Daily Fade Cleanser, Witch Hazel toner, Oil of Olay daily moisture lotion

~~Night - same products above but switch to Oil of Olay Night firming cream

~~1x/Week - Either St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub (love it, too ) OR Avon TruePore-Fection skin refining Cleanser & Skin Refining Mask

I also have the entire line of ProActiv products and will use them whenever I get a breakout! I love them and get results immediately. I also use the ProActiv moisturizer as sunscreen w/ limited exposure to the sun. I love it- nice and light!

I don't take any vitamins for my skin specifically, but my Hair, Nail & Skin vits help overall.

That's about it, I try not to vary too much from my facial care. Black Opal products are my staple!!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 7:30am
Originally posted by BrownEyez2 BrownEyez2 wrote:

I use the Black Opal skincare line. It's great--I love these products and it totally agrees w/ my skin!! I discovered them a few years ago and haven't used anything else since. I do throw in a few other products. I have to be consistent, because any slacking at all and my skin goes crazy.

~~Morning - Daily Fade Cleanser, Witch Hazel toner, Oil of Olay daily moisture lotion

~~Night - same products above but switch to Oil of Olay Night firming cream

~~1x/Week - Either St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub (love it, too ) OR Avon TruePore-Fection skin refining Cleanser & Skin Refining Mask

I also have the entire line of ProActiv products and will use them whenever I get a breakout! I love them and get results immediately. I also use the ProActiv moisturizer as sunscreen w/ limited exposure to the sun. I love it- nice and light!

I don't take any vitamins for my skin specifically, but my Hair, Nail & Skin vits help overall.

That's about it, I try not to vary too much from my facial care. Black Opal products are my staple!!

Thanks Browneyez!  That sounds like a great regimine.  I know what you mean about slacking!  I have to be so consistant with mine and I'm very hesitant about changing anything since this is working pretty well.  I mean I still get a few pimples here and there.

I'm gonna do some research on Flaxseed oil because I've heard some good results on this and helping to clear up skin.  I was taking it for about a month and my skin did have a nice glow.

I have never tried the Black Opal line but I'm glad it's working for you.  That is the key....finding something that works for you and sticking with it.

I am loving the witch hazel toner but I use it like twice a day, do you think this is too much?  It dosen't seem drying or anything, unlike seabreeze which down right burns.

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 7:38am
I use neutrogena oil free acne cream cleanser twice a day(and I always cleanse twice everytime I wash my face). And I use rose water as a toner twice a day (or whenever I feel really greasy) because my skin's been a little sensitive lately.
I also use Neutrogena oil-free moisturiser with spf 15 during the day or at night if I feel really dry. I read and interview with someone (I think it was the head of Clarins or something) and he said that the one tip he would give women is to pat on their moisturiser instead of like rubbing it in, so I try to do that too.
And I use Clean and Clear Advantage spot treatment on any individual break outs I get.

I read (ages ago) that Jen Aniston used with hazel to tone her face. It's really good for oily or combination skin, I dont know about itbeing too harsh, but I wouldn't use it on my skin because I tend to dry out really easily.
I think I'm going to start trying the flaxseed too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 7:48am

Originally posted by aseya aseya wrote:

I use neutrogena oil free acne cream cleanser twice a day(and I always cleanse twice everytime I wash my face). And I use rose water as a toner twice a day (or whenever I feel really greasy) because my skin's been a little sensitive lately.
I also use Neutrogena oil-free moisturiser with spf 15 during the day or at night if I feel really dry. I read and interview with someone (I think it was the head of Clarins or something) and he said that the one tip he would give women is to pat on their moisturiser instead of like rubbing it in, so I try to do that too.
And I use Clean and Clear Advantage spot treatment on any individual break outs I get.

I read (ages ago) that Jen Aniston used with hazel to tone her face. It's really good for oily or combination skin, I dont know about itbeing too harsh, but I wouldn't use it on my skin because I tend to dry out really easily.
I think I'm going to start trying the flaxseed too!

Hi aseya. Great regimine.  I will try to keep posted on the flaxseed.  I've got to do some reading as soon as I get a chance. 

Actually witch hazel is very non-drying and I would reccomend it for anyone with dry skin....but then again my skin is oily so I wouldn't know.  I really like it though....except for the smell, it makes me want to gag. 

That is a good tip about applying moisturizer....expecially around the eye area.  Do you use any face masks. 

tajVic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tajVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:51pm
I use a line that WAS only available in France but it is now available at some CVS stores called Vichy. I heard about htis line at a dermatolgy conference.
Their RETI-C product reduces wrinkles and ligthens they dark spots I have on my face. Its only ingredients are Vitamin C, Retinol, and spa water. I put this on everyday, and then neutrogena sunscreen SPF15 with AHA and vitamin C.
Vichy also has a great face cream called Oligo-25. It is what I use at night and right after a mask.
For Masks I use a Freeman clay mask.
I use a mask at least once a week especially if I am going out as it gets rid of my forehead wrinkles.
For my eyes I use nightly Avene Thermal, also a pruduct only found at select CVS pharmacies.
Got to
www.Vichy.com
to find out where you can get their products.
V. Wells

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:55am

Originally posted by tajVic tajVic wrote:

I use a line that WAS only available in France but it is now available at some CVS stores called Vichy. I heard about htis line at a dermatolgy conference.
Their RETI-C product reduces wrinkles and ligthens they dark spots I have on my face. Its only ingredients are Vitamin C, Retinol, and spa water. I put this on everyday, and then neutrogena sunscreen SPF15 with AHA and vitamin C.
Vichy also has a great face cream called Oligo-25. It is what I use at night and right after a mask.
For Masks I use a Freeman clay mask.
I use a mask at least once a week especially if I am going out as it gets rid of my forehead wrinkles.
For my eyes I use nightly Avene Thermal, also a pruduct only found at select CVS pharmacies.
Got to
www.Vichy.com
to find out where you can get their products.

Thanks tajVic.  This line sounds great, especially since vitamin c is great for the skin.  I've used some Freeman products also and liked them.  Thanks for the site, I'm going to check this out.

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 6:22pm
[QUOTE=Pokahontas]

Thanks Browneyez!  That sounds like a great regimine.  I know what you mean about slacking!  I have to be so consistant with mine and I'm very hesitant about changing anything since this is working pretty well.  I mean I still get a few pimples here and there.

I'm gonna do some research on Flaxseed oil because I've heard some good results on this and helping to clear up skin.  I was taking it for about a month and my skin did have a nice glow.

I have never tried the Black Opal line but I'm glad it's working for you.  That is the key....finding something that works for you and sticking with it.

I am loving the witch hazel toner but I use it like twice a day, do you think this is too much?  It dosen't seem drying or anything, unlike seabreeze which down right burns.

Hey, Pokahontas,

To answer your question about the witch hazel... No, I don't think it's too much to use it 2x per day. I tone both morning and night w/ it & haven't had problems. I think it's mild enough. Definitely not as strong as Sea Breeze! I agree w/ you that does burn --been there done that!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 9:16am
Thanks Browneyez.  I'm gonna continue using it twice a day because I'm getting good results from it. 
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 4:59pm
Forgot to mention the masks! I use (just recently though) the Neutrogena black head eliminating face mask. I use it on my back too just to exfoliate it alittle more if I'm going to wear a backless top or something. Haven't noticed a change, but I didn't have too many black heads to begin with. I just use it to keep my skin clear.

But my cheeks are a little dry right now. Can anyone recommend a mask for dry skin?
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 8:05pm

I use Biotherm.  In the morning I use their softening cleanser, softening toner, and softening mositurizer. 

In the evening, I use the whole line again. 

I drink at least 8-12 glasses of water a day.  Take a multivitamn

And use a hydrating mask once a week.  I also do microdembrasion

MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 6:20pm

This is my skin care regime:

Morning: Use TBS Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash with the TBS Facial Brush, followed by Garnier Fresh Toner and TBS Vitamin E Moisture Cream.

Night:The same as the morning, I plan on trying TBS Vitamin E Night Cream.

Weekly: Superdrug Mud Mask; it works ok but now it's nearly finished I want to try the Queen Helene Mint Julep or Grapeseed Mask. I also exfoliate using St Ives Apricot Scrub, I intend to steam my face once a week but I never get around to it.

I'm meant to be taking Cod Liver Oil daily but sometimes I get a bit slack, I also drink LOADS of water!

aniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 11:12am
I wash my face twice a day and wear sunscreen. I also use an acne mask twice a week. This routine gives me generally clear skin, but what makes it almost flawless looking is drinking a lot of water and eating vegetables. I started eating healthier a year ago and my skin looks amazing compared to most of my college classmates.

Edited by aniel - July 02 2010 at 11:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic