Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gail Porter - bald

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gail Porter - bald
    Posted: September 09 2005 at 9:14am
British TV presenter and former model Gail Porter has very recently lost most
of her hair due to alopecia.

http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1195214,00.html
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 10:40am

What's "alopecia"?

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:00am
Alopecia is a disease that causes all of your hair to fall out.  Sometimes genetic, sometimes caused by stress.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 12:17pm
Thanks.
Robocop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robocop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:42pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 8:09pm
Thanks Robocop What can you say but sometimes they can get their hair back. Was there someone else that lost thier hair but got it back? Princes something or other.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:10pm
Thanks for the info and the links....  I had never heard of her until now. She's very cute, and I think she looks amazing in the very first picture posted. She's got such a pretty face that I'm sure she'd look just as amazing bald.....
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:26pm

I've recently read a brand name medicine better known as Tagament is being studied as a hair loss cure.

The chemicals in Tagament apparently as researchers have discovered inhibits bad chemicals from detroying the hair follice and shaft.

It has been tested on woman with promising results.

Whether or not it helps Alopecia from stress has yet to be seen.

But for anyone suffering Alopecia, I would suggest looking into or asking your docter about anti infammatory drugs, anythign that supresses the immune system in this case is actually a good thing, and could cause the hair loss to reverse.

tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 5:42am

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Thanks Robocop What can you say but sometimes they can get their hair back. Was there someone else that lost thier hair but got it back? Princes something or other.

Princess Carolyn of Monoco had a problem a few years ago but her hair did indeed grow back. 

Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 6:36pm
Even in the UK Gail was always something of a  C-List celebrity. She should make the most of becoming bald, it could actually set her apart from the rest, something she could not have achieved otherwise. Plus, she looks great.
phil
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 3:33pm
Actually even if you don't know who she is, you have to admit the transformation is somewhat drastic. Personally, I don't think it's worked.

http://www.geocities.com/baldyphil/Gail_porter.JPG

Edited by phil
phil
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 3:52pm
You just said she looked great....
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 6:00pm
ur right 
nikki1701 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 9:57am
It's such a shame. She broke up with her partner and she is devastated and is struggling to cope with her daughter and seeing her husband with someone else. She has being getting treatment in a clinic for depression. She also tried to comit suicide!!

I really do feel for her. She is beautiful and a really nice person. My cousin suffers from alopechia and it's never grown back!
Nikki :)
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

You just said she looked great....

You're right - I'm a bit confused.  I've managed to find a pic, so people can judge for themselves.

phil
nikki1701 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 10:23am
It's not her fault - she's just tried to make something of a bad situation. She doesn't like it herself but though if i'm going bald then what the hell!!
Nikki :)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 11:32pm
She has a really great face, though, with those giant eyes and everything, so I think she would be able to pull off being completely bald.
More awesome than a manatee!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 5:07am

Very sad. Read somewhere that she's got a black belt in karate too!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic