Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hungry diets :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hungry diets :(
    Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:56pm
Oh Hairboutique forum people, you've sorted my hair, now sort my body :D

I'm 16 (nearly 17), female, 5'4 and I weigh approx. 168lbs.  So, you'd say I was overweight.  I've been overweight for as long as I can remember (I have a family history of thyroid problems and slow metabolisms if that means anything).  I don't gorge, I don't snack, I eat normally.  I try to drink lots of water and usually get my 5 fruit and veg a day.  What I do need to improve on is my exercise, as I only get about 10 minutes walking a day and 50 sit ups at night.

Last year I went on a calorie controlled diet and lost a stone in a few months.  However, as soon as i went off it (it left me starving) it put all the weight back on again within months.  I hold my weight quite well, as I'm only a size UK 14, but I felt so much healthier when I was a stone lighter.

Is there another healthy diet I could go on that won't leave me hungry?

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 1:45am

If you're eating the right foods in normal quantities and still not losing weight, you should increase your exercise rather than diet.  I was frustrated when I started dieting and eating healthier but still wasn't losing weight, until I increased my exercise.  It didn't take too much increase, either-- I had been doing 40 mins a day and upped it to 60.  That small change made a big difference, but being the impatient person I am, I wanted to lose more faster, so I upped it again to 90.  So long as I keep up doing 60-90 mins of exercise, I lose weight.  If I have a lazy week and only exercise a couple of days, I don't lose anything.  If you're only doing 10 minutes, try doing 30 and see what happens.  If that doesn't help, try 45.  You should see a difference pretty quickly ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!
igogoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igogoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 7:04am
What all kind of exercise do you do for 60-90 mins?  My problem is that I get bored easily and quickly!  Was walking with a friend 4 times a week (2-3 miles each day) and I could see the weight and inches moving off, but now my walking buddy doesnt walk anymore and I am finding it difficult to motivate myself to walk alone...any suggestions??

Thanks!
Donna :)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 12:34am
I do hand weights, and I have a little jogging trampoline I set up every day in the living room.  I get bored easily, too, so I kinda have to do it when something good is on -_-; .  But I also have very good luck occupying my time with counting reps.  That's probably just one of my eccentric traits, though, so it might not work for you.  *shrugs*  I just find when I'm going by my count rather than the clock, it seems to go easier.
More awesome than a manatee!
mandabear324 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandabear324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 6:47am

I am the same height and weight.  I am really wanting to lose, so I just joined a gym and am trying to eat better.   Maybe we can motivate each other??

You can email me @ amanda665@hotmail.com

Good luck babe!

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 9:24am
Hi, thanks for all the help

I'll let you know how I get on with my exercise....it makes it so much difficult though when I have a 7:45am - 5:00pm college day 5 days a week + homework after!

Louie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic