Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Professionals Plz HELP!- Hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hair*disaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professionals Plz HELP!- Hair extensions
    Posted: September 11 2005 at 9:56pm

Ok so heres the deal. I've gotten Hair extensions before and they were always braided in and I got only a few at a time. Now, I want to get a full head so heres my question:

My sister said I should get braids cause it does not cause damage.

But

I've heard about Wefts and not causing damage

So, Which would you prefer? I can buy a kit off of ebay for about 50 dollars and its a weft and I can do it myself. $500 for braided in ones are NOT an option, but I need longer hair. Short hair was a big mistake. 

Please help!

Edited by hair*disaster
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 4:52pm
Braids do not CAUSE damage, however if you leave them in for a while they will dread at the top as your hair begins to grow out and they are very hard to take care of, washing and keeping them clean for example.

If you want them and you want them cheap (BRAIDS) get hair offline or at WAL MART It is barbie hair but it works very good... and have your sister put them in.

I had braids for three months and I loved them. I had them put in by a woman who does them herself and paid 175 dollars for it. It took 9 hours to put them in.  I am debating put them in again, but myself this time, however I don't have the time or patience to do them.
It's very easy to buy the hair at wal mart and if you have a  few friends have them put them in. The only thing is you have to seperate yoru hair into sections, make sure they are symetrical, sometimes you have to braid the hair against your scalp to help keep a natural part. etc. There is so many ways to do it.

It uses about ten-11 packages for hair to about the back of your bra. and if you want them mulit colored use a few packages of each color, to put in highlights etc.

~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 5:06pm

Thanks for the advice.

I think im gonna stick to human hair so I can dye and straighten it. I've had fake ones put in and they seem to get into bad shape real fast if you don't take care of them.

Anyone else? Which do you prefer? Wefts or braids?

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 4:34pm
I suppose, you can curl the hair using warm water, and your nto gonna wreck it. It's pretty neat. I liked the fake hair, it was cheap, however yes, somewhat hard to take care of. I liked the dreads, however the boy didn't. LOL

~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 3:37pm

lol....ok well that sounds good. I can buy do it yourself kits...it costs about 65 dollars but thats not too bad. I want about 14 inches of hair. I have about 8 inches of my hair, and its too short....

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 3:36pm

Ive had hair extensions in on and off for years and years.

in regards to hair, you get what you pay for.  I would not buy human hair with the express purpous of coloring it, it's been processed to death already.

For more info, browse around the extension board.

Edited by Kalika
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic