Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

age and hair length

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Feline View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2002 at 6:05pm
Hello, everyone. I am currently pushing 49 and have my hair down to my hips. I like it this way, my husband likes it this way, and nobody else gets a vote! Actually, I do get a lot of compliments from people, men and women. The only people who seem to think I should cut it are hairdressers (surprise!) and women who are stuck in the real-short-style haircutting loop, you know the ones who absolutely must go to the stylist every so many weeks or it "looks awful". Please don`t let anyone tell you that you are "too old" to wear it long!
caroline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2002 at 2:59pm
I`m 29 and have hair just past my waist. I don`t plan on cutting it anytime soon other than for routine trims. I just recently went back to graduate school, but will keep it long when I`m done and in the corporate world. I`ll just wear it up in some cool "professional" updo`s. :) My sister who is 33 and a mom of 2 has waist-length hair as well. She doesn`t plan on cutting hers either.

I think long hair looking good has to do with the health and maintenance of it. I can`t stand to see hair that is scraggly at the ends. PLEASE: If you have long hair, get it trimmed regularly. :) Also, regarding long hair and age. I think it really depends on the person`s personality and personal style. I used to work with a lady who was in her mid 50`s and had beautiful blond hair that fell to the area in between BSL and waist length.
Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2002 at 4:08pm
Hey Arizona,

Go for waist length hair again. You`re never too old for long hair. I passed the age of 35 and my hair is 41 inches. You used to have waist length hair and you were happy with it. Go for it again and join the girls with long hair. We will be girls for ever!!

Anne-Loes
Anne-Loes
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2002 at 6:12pm
I am only 21, but I think that older women with long hair look nice. Especially the ones with the "natural" silver/grey hair, not the purpleish/blueish tones to it. As long as I can, I will try to keep my hair long, I just like it that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic