Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

360spinna’s - 360Waves 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360spinna’s - 360Waves 101
    Posted: September 13 2005 at 7:55pm
hello hair people, im 360spinna, welcome to 360spinna’s 360Waves 101. Here i will post common wave related question that i've been asked and the answers to those questions. this is like a beginners guide to 360waves but eventually it will get more advanced. sorry but there are no replies allowed here, this is a good thing because there will be less clutter. if anyone have any questions feel free to PM me or some of the 360 wave vets that are listed below:

360spinna--->
pusha--->
sjay--->

***there are others but i'm waiting for them to post a pic to give you an idea of how these brothas are spinning***

Edited by 360spinna
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:18am
Originally posted by wrote:

360, what did u use for your waves and what are the steps to it.

This is the method I used after I got that jacked up cut a month ago, as yall can see it works.

MATERIALS NEED:

1. 2 soft brushes and 2 medium brushes
2. A couple of du-rags
3. Carrot cream and doo gro
4. Shampoo and conditioner
5. A timer or clock
6. Facial cleanser

MORNING ROUTINE IN/OUT OF SHOWER:

*soft brush only*

1. Place your head under the flow of water and brush each section for 30seconds.
2. Rub in shampoo in the direction of your desired wave pattern and then brush in the shampoo for 1-2minutes each section.
3. Rinse out shampoo while brushing.
4. Rub in conditioner, brush in for 20sec each side and leave it in
until your done showering.
***shampoo/condition hair every 2-3days and on off days just brush in shower for a couple of minutes***
5. Use a towel to get rid of the extra water.
6. Apply Carrot cream in hair and brush each side for a minute, then du-rag it.

NIGHTLY BRUSHING ROUTINE:

1. Apply a generous amount of carrot cream to top of head.
2. With 2 medium brushes, brush the top of your head for 5minutes.
3. Apply generous amount of carrot cream to the back of your head.
4. With 2 medium brushes, brush the back of your head for 5minutes.
5. Apply generous amount of carrot cream to both of your sides.
6. With 2 medium brushes, brush both of your sides for 5 minutes.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 with a soft brush, and instead of brushing for
5minutes brush for 10minutes.

*steps 1-7 takes about  45minutes to complete. I usually do steps 1-7
twice.

8. When done brushing, clean your face with a facial cleanser.
*apply doo gro if your hair is thinning or if you want it to grow faster*

9. Throw on a fresh du-rag

before:pic taken on june 30th

after:pic taken on august 1st

THE END

Edited by 360spinna
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 3:23pm

I'm trying to get my pattern to do it's thing, but i don't know which of yall's methods to use. I use a simple wash grease(Scurl 360)and brush(2softs). use a doorag/stocking cap, which ever i get to first. As i read i keep seeing this carrot creme conditioner popping up and i'm wondering if its right for me man, don't mean to sound like a newbie, but i am! help a brother out!

Welcome to the site homie.

The key to getting your pattern to look its best is to first decide which direction you want your waves to go in. Most of us here brush our hair in the 360pattern, but some brush different ways to make their waves unique.

Second, once you decide your brushing pattern stick with it, don't change it at all.

Use products that promote strong healthy growing hair. You don't have to use products that is marketed to people with waves like POMADES, AND WAVE CREAMS cause they are usually not healthy for your hair. Take a look through the site and you'll notice the most popular products are not the ones that are intended for waves.

I got more tips I can tell you, if you got any specific questions PM me or post in any related topic and i'll hook you up.

SJAY ADDED THIS:
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

welcome to the site man. 360spinna basically summed everything up in a nutshell so i dont really have a lot to say. as far as methods go, u dont even realy have to follow a method. methods are jes to give u an idea of what to do when ur a beginner. u may not follow one, and have the best spinners here. or u (like me) may not use a method, then discover that ur brushing and techniques become more like a ritual, and that u do the same things with ur hair everyday. then u will realize that u have made ur own method. u can check under 360 vet methods (close to the top on the first page) for an idea of wut ur supposed to be doing.

Edited by 360spinna
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by KiLLahD48 KiLLahD48 wrote:

I Use A Hard Brush Everytime I Brush My Hair And When I Do The h2o method spraying water SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE HARD BRUSH???

its okay to use a hard brush but if you really care about your wave pattern you  should use a soft brush just as much or even more than the hard.

hard brushes tend to make your waves come in quicker but kind of crooked, with soft brushes your waves come in a little bit slower than a hard brush but they come in straighter than a hard, and over time it straightens out more and more.

you should not brush your hair with a hard brush for a long period of time when your hair is wet cause when your hair is wet it is the weakest. a hard brush can cause your hair to thin and break. you should only use a soft or medium brush when doin the h2o method.

Edited by 360spinna
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by slickjoe slickjoe wrote:

Should you wash your hair before a haircut. Or cut it with the grease

Always wash your hair before you get a haircut, especially if your goin to a barber shop, you don't want to be in the chair and they start cutting you hair and there is flakes flying everywhere. Wash your hair and don't put any type of thick grease or pomade in your hair. A lil Carrot cream, or a lil pink oil lotion is okay in your hair so you hair isn't dry, but only very little.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by dsharpe dsharpe wrote:

i use sportin waves in gold can. am i spose to use it everyday

YOU SHOULDN'T USE POMADES EVERYDAY. POMADES ARE GOOD FOR HOLDING DOWN YOUR HAIR, AND HELPING YOUR WAVES DEVELOP. THE BAD THING ABOUT POMADES IS THAT IT CAN CLOG YOUR PORES, MAKE YOU BREAK OUT WITH ACNE, NOT HEALTHY FOR YOUR HAIR, LIMITS THE AIR THAT YOU SCALP NEE TO BREATHE, I THINK YOU GET THE POINT. IF YOUR GOING TO USE A POMADE USE IT LIKE ONCE EVERY 2-4DAYS.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Dunkinonfools Dunkinonfools wrote:

are kits good to start off with?

Kits aren't good to start with. They don't create waves, you can posibly lose your waves if you leave it in too long.

KITS CAN DAMAGE YOUR SCALP, AND HAIR, AND CAN CAUSE YOUR HAIR TO FALL OUT. A KIT IS NOT A SHORTCUT TO WAVES, AND THEY DON'T LAST LONG.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by The Man The Man wrote:

If you brush too much will your waves go away

NO, BRUSHING IS THE KEY TO GET WAVES, SO THE MORE YOU BRUSH THE FASTER YOU WILL GET WAVES AND THE BETTER YOUR WAVES WILL LOOK.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Lil_Bj Lil_Bj wrote:

How long does it take to have full waves around your head beacuse its taking me a while

It depends on how dedicated you are, it took me about a month to get my waves spin. for some it takes anywhere between 2-4 months. you gotta brush everyday and do the work in order to reap the rewards.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by youngcity youngcity wrote:

Since my hair is really low do all i need is a soft brush

YES, DON'T EVER USE A HARD BRUSH WHEN YOU GOT A REAL LOW LOW CUT LIKE A LIGHT CEASAR CAUSE YOUR SCALP DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH HAIR TO PROTECT IT FROM THE HAR BRISTLES. THE HARD BRUSH CAN DAMAGE YOU SCALP AND CAUSE YOUR HAIR TO THIN.

ALSO ITS ALL IN THE WAY YOU BRUSH AND HOW LONG YOU BRUSH FOR, CAUSE SOME DUDES BRUSH REALLY HARD AND SOME LET THE BRUSH GLIDE OVER THERE HEAD GENTLY, SOME BRUSH FOR 30 MINUTES AND STOP AND OTHERS BRUSH FOR LIKE 1-2 HOURS AND THEN STOP.

THE MAIN REASON I SAID NO IS BECAUSE USUALLY NEWBIES TO THE WAVE GAME HAVE THIS IDEA THAT THE HARDER THEY BRUSH THERE HAIR THEN THE FASTER AND DEEPER THE WAVES ARE GONNA COME IN.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:59pm

is it a type of pomade? or mosturizer do i need it

Its a moisturizer.

Do you need it? Well it wouldn't hurt to try it. It helped me out a lot and others also.

Its a light moisturizer that washes out easily, softens, and helps make hair more manageable. Leaves your hair healthy, strong, and fights against breakage.

I use the one made by 'hollywood beauty'....I think that's the one more commonly used. Another brand is main n' tail. The price for the hollywood beauty carrot cream ranges from $3.00-$5.00. I don't know how much the other one caost cause I never used it.

Originally posted by baller5000 baller5000 wrote:

hey spinna did you use a mositurizer wit the carrot cream like activator 

^Nope, Only carrot cream, nothing else.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:02pm

WHAT IS THE GRAIN??

the grain is the direction that your hair grows in.

oh so when i cut my hair i tell my barber not to cut my hair by starting fro my forehead and back???

it all depends on how you like your hair cut. what you just described is a against the grain cut, i get it all the time and love it. my pics prove that there is nothing wrong with it.  other people get the opposite which is a with the grain.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:05pm
HERE'S A SIMPLE METHOD ON HOW YOU SHOULD BRUSH:

1. Pick your favorite pomade, grease, gel or moisturizer, and apply to one section of you hair.

2. DependinG on your hair texture and hair length use a soft, medium or hard brush and brush that section for 10-15 minutes straight(don't stop). Add more grease, or moisturizer as needed

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other 3 sections of your head and put on your du-rag.

4. Throughout the day occasionally take out your brush and brush for a couple of minutes.

5. Repeat this everyday and in 1-2 weeks you should see some good results.

*brushing is the key to get waves, you have to brush everyday and not slack for them to come in.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by lilkobe lilkobe wrote:

is it bad to mix two pomades? if not wat's da best pomade combination?

there's no need for it, pomade is not good for your hair anyway. if your gonna mix a pomade with anything i suggest mixing it with a good moisturizer, like 2/3 moisturizer and 1/3 pomade. it would make your favorite misturizer hold better and your hair is still getting the nutrients it need to stay healthy and strong.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 4:16pm

how do i learn to cut my hair i think i just fu/k my hair line up give me some tips and other things i should o    ps only peole that no how to cut hair resond her  

SJAY'S RESPONSE
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

learning to cut ur own hair takes practice. so if ur cutting ur hair for the first time for a special event, i suggest u get ur hair cut by sum1 who knows wut they are doing. as long as u have the clip gaurd on, u should be able to cut ur hair pretty evenly all around. tapering and fades take practice. the tricky part lies within linin up ur edge. its easier if u do this wit a beard and mustache trimmer becuz they are smaller and easier to handle. use a mirror when doing the back of ur head, and dont be afraid to ask sum1 to edge ur back up for u if u cant. cuz its hard if ur not used to it. good luck to ya.

ALSO TAKE YOUR TIME, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT, IT TAKES MANY TRIES TO GET GOOD AT CUTTING YOUR OWN HAIR. START OFF SIMPLE, LIKE WITH DOING A ALL EVEN CUT AND THE AFTER A FEW TRIES WORK ON TAPERING AND FADES.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:18pm

ima bout to try to cut my own hair can someone show me witch direction to cut it.

there is to ways to cut your hair, 1 is with the grain and the other is against the grain. the direction you want it to be cut is all up to you. i cut my hair against the grain, and there is nothing wrong with that(look at my pics, those are all ATG cuts). most people who have waves are afraid to get their hair cut against the grain cause they think they gonna lose their waves(my pics are proof that that myth is only a myth, theres no truth to it).  personally i think ATG is better than WTG. but thats all up to you.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by the reason the reason wrote:

What do I  to get deeper waves.

1. Stop getting frequent haircuts.
2. Grow your hair out as long as you posibly can(for atleast 6-7weeks or till your hair is over a inch).
3. Continue to brush daily.
4. Depending on your hair texture and as you hair gets longer you might need to change the type of brush you need to use(from soft to a harder brush).

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by youngcity youngcity wrote:

carrot cream, should i use alot or a little carrot cream when i brush my hair

you dont need a lot, just enough to keep your hair moist while brushing, and when it starts to dry add more and continue to brush.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by pusha21 pusha21 wrote:

Was at this low budget store today it was kinda like a big lots. Dey black hair product section was off da chain I was surprised too. But ne ways I coped some new ish today its by hollywood beauty n they make some pretty good products so i figured it would b good here it is.

Has ne one tried this? Off the bat theres a difference between carrot n oilve creme n it the texture of it. it not light like them it feels like doo gro. n theres no petroleum n it either it got coco butter n it i think thats what makes it thicker than the others.Iiight so ova the next few days i'll tell yall how it goes. Hopefull I like it cause im not wastin this stuff ima use it regardless cause the stuff n it is good fa ya hair ne ways
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 7:00am

what's better natural waves or kitted waves?

Natural waves look better, feel better, and you hair is in better condition.

When you use kits you can possibly damage your scalp causing hair loss, and burn your hair. Kits are not healthy for hair even if its done rite. Take my advice this is one shortcut you don't want to try.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic