Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

23 hair is thinning, started using nioxin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pauly_P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 23 hair is thinning, started using nioxin
    Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:15am
I just started using nioxin, i was just wondering if anyone has used it? if so how did they go ? I have also heard about mane and tail and laser wand which do u think will bring the quickest response ? Thank you
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 7:47pm

Hey Pauly,

I've never tried Nioxin but have heard great things about it. Supposedly it does a great job in not just growing the hair back, but making it thicker as well. Do a search for "nioxin" and some of the results you get will have testimonials about the product! Good luck~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Pauly_P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 12:05am
I hope so
Pauly_P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 3:43am
I will give it some time, then yeah maybe speak with my Doctor about changing.
Thank you for the input ...
Vicar In A Tutu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar In A Tutu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 1:28am

Just be careful with Saw Palmetto; I tried using it once and noticed a HUGE increase in hair loss.  I had to stop taking it, or I'm sure I'd be completely bald by now.  My hair still hasn't recovered from it, and that was 2 years ago.

Saw Palmetto sucks.

1babydimple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1babydimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 4:38pm
I have never used nioxin, but I have used Mane Tale Growth and for me it worked great. It is an oil and has a smell of something like smoked ham. No lie smoked meat but the progress I made in filling in my hair line was incrediable. Check out the pics; http://public.fotki.com/1babydimple/mtg_challenge/
agirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 8:40pm

Hi I just started using nioxin and am not sure whats going on. My hair now has many short pieces that I never noticed. I due notice my hair is fuller but dull. I have bleached hair so this could be why. I will let you know what happens.

My doctor said to take Flaxseed oil. I also heard from someone who took it that it is incredible for the hair.

Good luck,

eileeninCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileeninCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 10:00am
agirard, do you have the Nioxin for color treated hair? Perhaps that would help. Some people have said the Nioxin causes a sensitivity and they have to stop using it. I purchased it for my son but he is not experiencing any problems with it yet.
soobee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soobee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 12:10am

so any word on the nioxin?

i just went and bought it today because my hair stylist told me to stop complaining if i wasnt doing anything about it. 

so anyone, has it worked?  and also, are you what else are you taking on top of the nioxin?

Kindofcurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kindofcurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 10:28pm
Beware about the things you take to prevent hair loss, I remember using some popular anti hair loss shampoo sometime ago when I thought I was loosing too much hair and it actually increased the loss instead of decreasing.
benmorris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benmorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 1:16am
Hi,
Nioxin has produced an entire product line that claims to inhibit the hormone (dht) that causes the miniaturization of the hair follicle and eventual hair loss. While no product available seems to actually be able to produce long lasting new growth, this one seems to help maintain and enrich the hair that is still present. I have witnessed the results of long term use. It seems to be a useful aide in bolstering thickness. The shampoo makes the claim that standard products leave a heavy buildup in the follicle and clog the pore, at the root, leaving the hair stressed and inhibited from healthy re-growth. Also, the hormone dht, which is responsible for causing typical pattern baldness, is a major factor. This product seems to help clear the follicle from accumulated buildup and sebum with a penetrating heavy menthol action. The shampoo itself is very invigorating. It has a heavy mint smell, and leaves quite a tingle. This product can induce a mild redness initially, because it is also helping to induce scalp circulation, which is conducive to re-growth. This is encouraging, as one experiences visible and tactile results. You can feel it working immediately. You can get more information follow the link :

costar has published article about hank freid and about his hotel in the new york cit
minorityslam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minorityslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:53pm
I haven't used it yet, but a few of my friends are using it and i've heard some good feed back from them. Though i haven't noticed any change in their hair or maybe i just don't know.
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:16pm
Where can you get Nioxin?
A setback is just a setup for a comeback!
Jerzygrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerzygrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 3:30am
I had used nioxin a few weeks ago. The first time i used it I was ok with it. I really liked it too. I skipped a day of use then used it again. I was still ok with it. But, The third time I used it All Heck broke lose. About an hour after I used it. My heart started to race, I started to shake , I couldn't breath.I got the runs,  I  broke out in a red rash all over my face, arns and chest. I was hyperventilating. It was worse then a panic attack. But, I wasn't sure that it wasn't a panic attack.  All the symptoms lasted about two hours.

So I waited about a week, and i used it again. The reason why i wanted to use it again was to make sure that it was a reaction to Nioxin and not just a panic attack. But, I found out very quickly that it was a reaction to the Nioxin. As soon as i put it on my head all the symptoms started .It was horrible. Only this time I got tingeling in my arms and hands. with all the other symptoms that I had last time.

I really wouldn't  recommend  this produc  to any one. What ever is in it can cause a pretty bad reaction.Cry

Cissy
Jerzygrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerzygrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 9:37pm
you can buy Nioxion at any beauty suply store.Star
Cissy
think_tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote think_tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 9:25am
Hey I was researching hair-loss on the web, and was intrigued by what I found out about LED light and low intensity laser light for possible hair rejuvenation. Respected organizations like NASA have done studies showing that at least it does help injured skin to heal-- I was very surprised. Not hard to imagine that the hair growing out of the skin might get some benefit too. Anyway since I'd done the digging I made a small site with links to some of the studies that I found; a link to my site is in my signature.
think_tom neolight hair
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Jerzygrl Jerzygrl wrote:

I had used nioxin a few weeks ago. The first time i used it I was ok with it. I really liked it too. I skipped a day of use then used it again. I was still ok with it. But, The third time I used it All Heck broke lose. About an hour after I used it. My heart started to race, I started to shake , I couldn't breath.I got the runs,  I  broke out in a red rash all over my face, arns and chest. I was hyperventilating. It was worse then a panic attack. But, I wasn't sure that it wasn't a panic attack.  All the symptoms lasted about two hours.

So I waited about a week, and i used it again. The reason why i wanted to use it again was to make sure that it was a reaction to Nioxin and not just a panic attack. But, I found out very quickly that it was a reaction to the Nioxin. As soon as i put it on my head all the symptoms started .It was horrible. Only this time I got tingeling in my arms and hands. with all the other symptoms that I had last time.

I really wouldn't  recommend  this produc  to any one. What ever is in it can cause a pretty bad reaction.Cry

Wow, does the bottle have any warnings on it?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:25pm

Sounds like an allergic reaction which could  happen with any shampoo.Some people are just sensitive to certain ingredients like MENTHOL.

I used Nioxin last year for a while because someone told me it makes your hair grow better.While I'm not sure if it helped it grow,it made my hair full and luscious.Definitely a must for anyone with thinning hair.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 12:19pm
^ Oo, you sold me on it Message%20Icon, fuller, thicker hair is what I'm longing for. Approx. how much does it cost? Looking for an average price b/c I know the BSS's near me are known to up tha prices on things and I'm not tryin' ta get ripped off by them..againMessage%20Icon  
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 3:07pm
Well,if you buy the whole kit~ which is cleanser (shampoo),moisterizer (conditioner) and the scalp spray (meant to enhance growth) it will run you about 30-40 bucks.
I say just look for the shampoo, which you can get a pretty big bottle for 15 bucks.Because honestly,the condioner and spray dont really make much of a difference in my honest opinion.It's the shampoo that makes it fuller all by itself.

I have seen it everywhere from hair cutterys to beauty supply stores.Hair cuttery often has sales and one time I got a HUGE bottle for half the price.

Make sure to look for the right kind though! One is for normal,uncolored hair,and one is for color treated hair and one is for really thin hair and one is for course hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic