Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

23 hair is thinning, started using nioxin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 5:42pm
Thanks, I'll def. look out for the shampoo for really thin hair.

Whats hair cuttery? I've never heard of that.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 7:14pm

Sorry hair cuttery around here is a just a popular franchise of hair cutting places.Another one is Great clips.I probably wouldnt trust them with a good cut,but they sell stuff cheaper sometimes.

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 10:57am
Oh ok, thanks..I'll check out tha lil hair cuttin' spots around here and see if they have it
Patricia8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:59am
A year ago I suffered from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - I think it is very important!

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 13 2009 at 11:33pm
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 10:04am
I have been using Nioxin for about 2 years now.  I use the formula for color-treated hair.  I also take their Recharging Complex tablets.  I have noticed a HUGE difference since taking both.

Formerly, I would have just gobs of hair in the drain after taking a shower.   And if I brushed/combed my hair -- there would be hairs everywhere.  It was sooo discouraging.

I also take Vitamin D-3 and a multi-vitamin each day to promote health skin/hair. 

I use the Nioxin s/c for 2-3 days, then I use a good moisturizing Paul Mitchell s/c for a day.  I think the Nioxin does make your hair look a bit more "dull" in color/texture but I will live with that for the growth!

I wish you well.  It is soo devastating to lose one's hair.  :(
edodidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edodidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2010 at 3:24pm
Hello,

I think that with women especially as well it can be a multiple number of reasons from your thyroid to pattern hair loss. I tried different topical hair creams, Rogan for women with no success.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 09 2010 at 3:31pm
luxardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 8:18am
I have never used nioxin, but I've used M.Gardson's regeneration technique.
Had a friend which it grew back/got thicker with 2 inch for 4-6 months.
barbz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:20pm
Don't no much about Nixion but the key to thinning hair is the stimulation of hair follicles to improve the amount of sebum that is produced to keep it healthy. Stimulated follicles will produce more hair so it will help sort out the thinning prob.
The intake of amino acids and vitamins with the use of essential oils will aslo make a differenence in your hair.
I do hope this product works for you and you get the joy of havin fuller hair.
All the best.
Hairloss.co.in View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairloss.co.in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 7:41am
You can use nioxin along with a minoxidil solution for better results. I'm not sure if nixon promotes new hair growth but a minoxidil solution like Rogaine will definitely regrow hair within a period of 4-6 months. :)
HairGrowingTips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairGrowingTips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 3:33pm
Hi!

This is a great topic. I was browsing through the posts here and most of the answers are correct. Here's what I can share about Male Pattern Baldness

Male Pattern Baldness

Male Pattern Baldness – A Hair Raising Problem

Receding hairlines have caused sleepless nights for numerous men around the world. Most men accept a balding pate as a way of life. Nearly half the men below the age of 50, and two-thirds of them by the age of 65 see their precious tresses disappear at alarming rates.

They are often horrified by these first signs of aging. This rapid hair fall commonly known as Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) in medical parlance is a condition seen in most men. Women are also afflicted by baldness, though the incidence among them is much lower as compared to men. This condition has also been spotted among chimpanzees, orangutans and other primates. It is medically referred to as androgenic alopecia, androgenetic alopecia or alopecia seborrheica.

Male Pattern Baldness – The Symptoms

The symptoms and degrees of MPB have been known to vary widely. In typical cases, hair loss begins at the temples in a well-defined pattern. The hairline recedes to form an “M” shape. The hair at the crown of the head also begins thinning and gets shorter.

Usually, a rim of hair around the sides and rear of the head can be seen. This is also called the horseshoe pattern. This condition in middle aged and older men is called “Hippocratic balding”. In some cases the hair may fall continuously, eventually leading to complete baldness.

Women suffering from baldness do not exhibit similar symptoms. In their case, the hair gets thinner all over the head but the hairline does not recede. This is called Female Pattern Baldness.

Male Pattern Baldness Causes

Each single human hair grows by about one centimeter every month, for two to six years. After completing this cycle, it falls out and is replaced by new hair. At any given point of time, almost 85% of the hair on a human head is in the growing phase while the rest are dead. The hair is embedded in the skin in a cavity called the follicle.

In people affected by male pattern baldness, the follicle shrinks. Due to this, the hair gets shorter and finer to a point where the follicle has no hair inside. Normally, new hair replaces the lost hair. However in balding men, the follicles fail to grow new hair. The cause for this has been attributed to the male sex hormone (androgen, in particular). In addition to factors like hormones, the genes inherited by an individual may also be responsible though there are other factors that contribute to MPB.

Though one can do little to prevent the onset of male pattern baldness, staying informed about it can definitely help control the rate at which it occurs. 

Edited by HairGrowingTips - August 13 2011 at 8:34pm
alacstewards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alacstewards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 3:09pm
Previously, I was just gobs of hair in the drain after taking shower. And if I brushed / combed hair - would not have hair all over. It 'was so discouraged.

CelinaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CelinaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2012 at 5:26am
Tried different things and now using the Matthew Gardsons method, it helps with blood flow on your scalp so you can grow more hair.
...use regularly and you will see the difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic