Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BF...OH nos!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BF...OH nos!
    Posted: September 20 2005 at 7:10am

I've been thinking about cutting my hair shorter lately. Not as short as I had it but short. I'm having trouble looking for a style that is funky, has lots of layers, is normal-ish, and is easy to style. Yeah...I can't seem to find anything do-able with my hair. I have slightly wavy to wavy hair that is thick. It gets curly and unmanageable when it's humid and just likes to do what it wants. To make matters worse, I have my BF telling me most the styles I think are cool, are ugly. I want something a little different. I hate looking like every single girl that walks down the street. Yes I do. Grrrrr...maybe I should just shave my head. 

I think that sort of style is cute. Other than I don't know how it would look all one color since I don't color my hair. Does anyone have more styles like that?

Course, I dunno what my BF will think of that. Probably see the funky color and be like "no, it's 'trashy.'"

LOL! I think I am the only person alive that makes such a big deal about getting a haircut.

Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 6:08pm
Are you good at styling your hair with gels and other products?

That looks like a very difficult style to do. If you don't know how to get those pieces to lay like that you might end up with those pieces just laying flat.

If you want BF to help you with the choices then ask him to look for styles that he doesn't think are ugly. That doesn't mean you have to do the one he picks though.
This is your hair and only you get to decide how you want it. Life is too short to not try something you might like on yourself just because someone else has an opinion.

You could try going to a salon for a consultation only. This means you go there and talk over styles with the stylist but do not get any services done that day. Be sure to bring pictures if you find some such as the one you posted.

If you do get a cut make sure the stylist teaches you how to get the look at home.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:17am
Its YOUR hair, do what you want with it.  IF your boyfriends gonna whine over something as silly as hair, what would happen if suddenly you gained weight?  Or got in an accident and broke your nose?  Or had a tooth knocked out.  Doesnt sound like he'd be the carring individual, so screw him, and get the hair you want.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 8:20am

My BF is going to let me do what I want with it. I just don't want him to find me unattractive! He will make comments if I show him a style. He just tends to be a bit picky and it's frustrating.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 1:20pm
I'd get the first cut but remember much of why it looks wild comes down to the colour, if it was all plain brown it would be a wasted effort. It's worth getitng your hair coloured for it, I think.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 12:02am

Sit down with him and look at style books or sites.  Both of you point out the ones you like, and see if there's any overlap.  If there's something you both like, great.  If there's not, at least you'll have some idea what he likes.  Then you can decide whether you want to imcorporate elements of what he likes into your style, or whether you wanna just please yourself instead.

More awesome than a manatee!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 7:18pm

not as short as you had it??? how did you have it cut  what style and how short  and why do you not want it that short?

how long is it now   do you have any pics of YOU?

Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 7:51pm

Yes, there is a pic of me in my other post with the poll. I had it about...

that short. I looked very guy-ish. I mean I loved the low maintance but I wanted it longer...Plus my head looked funny with it. my head gets a little narrow at the time and it was horrid how the stylist cut it so short. She sometimes does that... 

I usually cut it at the below length (before the incident with it being cut way too short). In fact it is the same cut I wanted when I first cut it short!

Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic