Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does MTG really work?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bellezanegra921 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does MTG really work?
    Posted: September 21 2005 at 2:08pm
Hello Everyone,
I am proud to say that I have finally been able to post messages. I have been reading posts on this forum and on lhcf as well. I have gotten so much good advice from reading posts and I have bought many products based on what other people have been saying. One of these products is mtg. Everyone has been saying that they gained so much growth etc etc. Well I have been using my mtg for about 2 weeks while my hair has been in cornrows. I've noticed that my hair looks messy but I am not convinced that this is actually growth or if this is a result of my hair reverting to pre perm. At any rate, what I do have is not a tremendous amount of growth. What I wanted to know was if you are basing growth from mtg based on the appearance of new growth or are people actually measuring and noting changes. Could anyone tell me how long it will take for me to see actual growth? Thanks in advance!
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 4:01pm

Originally posted by bellezanegra921 bellezanegra921 wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I am proud to say that I have finally been able to post messages. I have been reading posts on this forum and on lhcf as well. I have gotten so much good advice from reading posts and I have bought many products based on what other people have been saying. One of these products is mtg. Everyone has been saying that they gained so much growth etc etc. Well I have been using my mtg for about 2 weeks while my hair has been in cornrows. I've noticed that my hair looks messy but I am not convinced that this is actually growth or if this is a result of my hair reverting to pre perm. At any rate, what I do have is not a tremendous amount of growth. What I wanted to know was if you are basing growth from mtg based on the appearance of new growth or are people actually measuring and noting changes. Could anyone tell me how long it will take for me to see actual growth? Thanks in advance!

How have you been using this product?  Hair, scalp, etc.

Two weeks is not long enough for some people to notice growth, so I would say be patient.  Also a lot of people who use this product and have perms, the perms do not last as long.  This also could mean that if your hair is curly you could experience shrinkage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:03pm
I put it on my scalp because I thought mtg was for growth only.
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 9:29pm
I think you may need to give it a little longer to actually notice any growth. I read too how much growth ladies are experiencing, but of course you know hair grows @ different rates, etc etc. Hopefully, you'll see something soon. Good luck~
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 10:24pm

I just got my MTG today. It didn't smell as bad as I thought. If you've ever used Glover's Sulphur 8....that's what it smells like. I mixed it with some of my hair oil and a splash of surge. I used an applicator bottle(I have a sew-in) to oil my scalp. Hopefully this product works.

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 3:07am
Nita-
This it totally off-topic.. But Jem and the Holograms ROCK!!! I still know all the words to like EVERY song!!! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 6:49am
anyone else have experiences with mtg?
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 12:54pm
My experience is that is works good w/o braids but great with braids. I use it on my hair and scalp at nite- a coupla times a week. I saw more growth when i used it daily but i'm using a few other things so i reduced my usuage.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 2:14pm
bump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 9:04pm
bumpity bump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 5:33pm
bump bump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 1:03am
Belle, you're bumping this thread huh Sorry, you haven't gotten more replies. I don't know if many ladies here use the MTG, but you can go to LHCF and Black Hair Media(?) for more info. I've seen tons of post on those re: MTG. There may be some others, too ~gl~
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 10:52am
ok thanks browneyez I didn't know if people weren't seeing the thread or they thought that the stuff worked really well. Thanks again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 11:30am
You're welcome! 
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
canopy44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canopy44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 7:04pm

Belle~

I ordered some MTG on Saturday and got it today. I plan to start using it today, after I take some before photos (im finally going to start a hair album/journal).  I originally planned on using it every 2x a week but now that it's getting colder, my scalp is getting very dry so I'll bump up usage to every other day or daily.  If you still aren't convinced if you want to buy it, ask me in about 2-4 weeks and I'll tell you if I see anything. Two quick things:

1) I bought MTG based on the amazing reviews I heard both here and on lhcf...there seems to be a MTG thread every 3 pages or so at lhcf, so you shouldn't have to dig hard for reviews. Plus, if it doesn't work it only cost about $9.50

2) There definately is an odor to this product. It's not really bad (i orignally thought it would smell like vomit or something). It smells like a very barbeque or bacon....something mesquite. Not a bad smell, but since I'd rather not have my boyfriend try to eat my hair, I plan on masking it. I've heard of putting in peppermint oil or spraying the hair with some cheap perfume. I'll most likely opt for the oil, either in pepermint or vanilla. HTH

locsoflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locsoflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 7:46pm

Hi Bell, I've been watching this topic too. I also got my MTG today!  I'm going to use it daily for a week and see how it feels ( to much oil? ) then I'll decide. Since we are both starting the same day we should compare notes, and tips.

I put mine in a bottle w/about 12 drops of rosemary EO, and 12 drops of sweet almond EO. Still smells, but not too bad.

Thank all of you for your help, tips, info and laughs this is the best group on line!!! Locsoflife.

canopy44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canopy44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 10:56am

i'm curious how all the new users are doing. i got it earlier in the week and it looks like my edges are growing in (or it could just mean i need to comb my hair better cause it's matted ). We shall see tomorrow when I wash/flat iron...if I can actually press my edges, then I will be really pleased and I will know that there was some substantial growth. Until I can really tell that I'm getting some serious growth, I'm not gonna say this is the best product ever.

What about the rest of you guys? Any amazing results yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 3:50pm
Hey ladies I have an mtg update for you. I started using mtg a little over 2 weeks ago. I have been using it everyday, despite the pungent odor. I took my hair down this friday after having it up and not combing it for about a month. Guess what? I grew and retained and inch of newgrowth in one month. I can't say that I got all of this growth from mtg, but it probably did help. It was hard to see progress when my hair was up, but when I took it down and measured it, that is when I saw results. Mind you, I measure my hair when its dry, so if I had measured it when it was wet, I probably would have more growth. In addition to mtg I have been taking Nu Hair vitamins and vitamin shoppe silica. I will continue to chart my progress and keep you updated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by canopy44 canopy44 wrote:

1) I bought MTG based on the amazing reviews I heard both here and on lhcf...there seems to be a MTG thread every 3 pages or so at lhcf, so you shouldn't have to dig hard for reviews. Plus, if it doesn't work it only cost about $9.50

Canopy44, is that a trial size or the large bottle (32oz?) that you got for $9.50?

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
locsoflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locsoflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 1:41pm

MTG update- I tighted my locs about 8 days ago, I've been using my MTG every night. I already have over 1/4 of an inch of new growth!!!

The hair around my hair-line is filling in too, I wore micro braids pulled back in a poney tail for years, this stuff work better than the temple balm! At this rate I'm going to have re-tighten my hair every 21/2 weeks instead of every 4!

Thanks again Ladies for all of your help! Locsoflife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic