Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need a little help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jaebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a little help
    Posted: September 25 2005 at 12:59am

ok, i HAD light brown hair, with natural, white to light blonde highlights... im not joking about the white... i had a huge streak in the back and my hair was long. i cut off my hair and donated it and decided to have a little fun with my hair, so i dyed it.

i live in a foreign country and i know it sounds crazy but the hair salons out here are terrible, more than five of my friends have ruined their hair, so i cut my hair by myself and dyed it by myself. it sounds horrible, but i have thin really healthy hair, and my hair salon suggested i cut it on my own after seeing a salon cut from japan...

so i dyed my hair red and then brown to get this dark red brown, which i absolutely love, but i know its going to fade. if i want to get the red tints out what's the best way for do it yourself... right now im ok with the color, its alot of fun, but when it fades i want to take the red out.... whats the best way to do that?  i can do it slowly cuz i work with kids and they really dont care what color i have they love it either way!

thanks

jess

jb
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:15am
red is a terrible color to get out.. results are usually orange tones.. i dont really understand what ur trying to achive.. what color do u want to end up with or do you just want the color to stay cause then u need a filler.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:46am

What are you worried will happen if it fades?  And if you like it as it is, why are you already planning to take the red out?  If you like the red, couldn't you just touch it up when it fades?

More awesome than a manatee!
jaebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 9:19am

its already starting to fade in the back where i had really light hair... i like the color now, but i am not going to keep it this color again, im going to start growing it out again. i think i found something that works pretty well though...i dont know what it is but you can add it to shampoo or hair dye that takes out the brassiness and red....all i liked the color alot but every day it faded more so i was going to dye it again, but the stuff is taking out the red so i think itll be ok

thanks!

jb
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 6:00pm
U could just use a semi permanent brown every few weeks maybe every 6 weeks to keep it brown...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic