Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Refrain From Adding Stickies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Refrain From Adding Stickies
    Posted: December 22 2005 at 8:48am
Karen, HELP! IS MY HAIR FALLING OUT?! is a stickie. Did a mod do that? I don't think it needs to be a stickie. It only has one reply. Or is a pinned topic different than a stickie?

Edited by Layla
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 12:47pm

In the past visitors could post new topics and make them "stickies".  This option has been removed and now only mods and super administrators can create stickies. 

So no worries.

Happy Holidays.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Girlynextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girlynextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 11:02am
I was thinking the same thing, Keg.  What are stickies?
Stacey Dash is my hair idol.
my fotki
www.fotki.com/girlynextdoor
"This One" password = waves
keg265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keg265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 4:14pm

what are stickies?

I Hate Bad Hair Days.
collcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 8:58pm
karen keep up the good work
IloveRob   

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 3:04pm

Hi Renee & Cmesweet...

I agree.  It looks a lot less cluttered.  Thank you Cmesweet for your help.  This forum is one of my favs.  :-)  Thanks for all your support.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 12:50pm
Thank you so much Karen the forums looks alot neater
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 8:46am
thanks karen!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 8:05am

Hi all,

Please refrain from adding "sticky" topics unless the topic is going to be a really long post that everyone who visits this thread can benefit from.  Cmesweet (thank you so much) advised me of the stickies that are most appropriate to keep and I have left all of them.  However, when we start getting more than a few stickies...the important info that are supposed to be stickies...get lost.

So when in doubt...please don't make it a sticky.  If you see stickies that need to be moved to a "normal topic" please click on the Report button and the HairTalk Admin Team will take care of it as soon as we see it.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation on this sticky issue & for helping to keep this a friendly board to visit. I greatly appreciate all of your visits and posts.

Best wishes,
Karen

Edited by Karen Shelton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic