Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age 6 with silver hairs!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age 6 with silver hairs!!!
    Posted: January 13 2007 at 11:32pm
Yes, I agree.  Hair length as no bearing on age.  I've always had long hair except for three times in my 59 years.  I hated my hair short.  I have hundreds of hair things... barrettes, claws, pins, flowers and headbands to name a few.  I love changing my hairstyle with decorations.  I'm very strong and independent and fearless, but I enjoy looking feminine.  Which opens up a whole new forum....
She Creatures Unite......
TexianTraveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexianTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 2:23am
I think I look younger with long hair.  I believe this is in part because so many people have been told, "Cut your hair; long hair makes you look old" that we have a concept "Old people have short hair."  When you wear your hair up, it looks short anyway so what's the difference? 
In the end, we remember not the voices of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 12:59am
I was born with ash blonde color hair.  In  my 20's I noticed some gray but it looked like I streaked it.  For years people thought I put in white highlights.  That was a plus.  Then in my 30's I became mostly gray with some ash blonde.  People still commented on how nice it looked.  Now in my late 50's, I'm mostly gray with a blondish highlight.  My hair is long - middle of my back except for the front crown which is thinning so I cut bangs that I wear up away from my face. 

I just recently gave my mother's (in her 80's) dyed blonde short hair a perm and used the left over solution to perm my ends about half way up.  It actually took and now when I sleep with damp large pin curls - the curl stays a few days.  I would never dye my hair, but I understand and am cool with women or men who do dye their gray.  It's all about being who you want to be and looking the way you want to.  

My best friend of 40 years who is now 60 years old, has no gray hair to speak of and it's a nice light brown which she streaks.   Maybe I'm more comfortable with my gray hair from always getting compliments and having other women want to grow their gray hair out.  I know the expense and hassle of dying ones hair...from my mother whose natural color I have never seen.  Trippy.Ying%20Yang
She Creatures Unite......
redroses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redroses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 1:02am
I had a girlfriend that started to get silver hair when she was in junior high she also had some patches of skin that the pigment had gone out of--its a medical condition-you might want to talk to a dr about this.

Originally posted by MrsMNK MrsMNK wrote:

since the age of 6 i have had white/silver hair, i am a natural born red head, its not all the hair thats going silver just about 5 or 6 hairs in  2 or 3 different patches under the hair, which my mum used to die with henna for me when small, I am now nearly 18 & still see a few underneath the top layers of hair & I was just wondering if any body else has had this problem?? and isit somthing to do with my hair been red?

ive actually stopped dyeing my hair now and im dreadin my hair turnin fully white do you think this will happen when im so young?

Thanks!

TexianTraveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexianTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 2:02am

I started graying when I was 15.  It didn't really show until I was in my 20's.  I had white streaks coming off my temples.  When I did my  hair up I looked like Queen Amidala.  So I started coloring it.  At one point I went light blonde.  I do not recommend this.  The amount of processing it takes to turn dark brown hair light blond just kills your hair.

It is most common for brunettes to gray early, so a prematurely graying redhead is a little unusual.  I am wondering if those hairs are blonde instead of gray. 

I was able to grow out my color by gradually adding darker and darker lowlights until I approached my natural color.  This was a very time-consuming process, and I got impatient and cut all my hair off in a supershort style.  My philosophy of hair is...it grows.  So why not experiment?  I don't mind short hair.

Right now I am living in Saudi Arabia, where women's salons are few and far between, so I am growing my gray hair long.  This apparently is an unusual choice. 

I will admit that some people look at gray hair and that is all they see.  I am 41, and the hair around my face is completely gray with some streaks almost white, but in the back it is still dark brown.  I have had people think I am in my 50's.  I have had a 60 year old say, "When you get to be our age..."

But I have had many more people say, "I wish I could let my gray show."  

I am very fortunate in that the gray in my hair is a sparkling silver.  So I would partially base your decision on what your gray looks like. 

The other part you can think about, especially if you gray prematurely, is that no one will ever really be sure of how old you are.  Gray hair for us is not a sign of aging, so we don't worry about it.  It's just who we are.  And other people will accept that it is just who you are.  So you can become whatever age you act. 

In the end, we remember not the voices of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
buzydebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzydebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 10:28am

I too began to gray early.    I was 16.  (My daughter started to get gray at 14.  I am now 50 and coloring my hair.  (I began coloring when someone called me grandmother to my own child.........I was only 35 at the time.) 

I simply love white hair!!!!  I have even stopped ladies with beautiful white hair and told them how gorgeous it looked.  But......I am afraid to let it grow out.  Afraid I will look OLD...probably because everyone has told me it will make me look older.  I am probably about 85% white in the front.........maybe even more. 

I want to be happy with what God gave me, but am somewhat fearful.  I have just stopped perming, after over 30 years of perms.  I am now with my natural "seriously straight" hair.  It is growing out into a bob.  It is SO much easier to do every morning and I am actually liking how I look.  That is until the white roots start showing.  Now I am seriously looking at being totally "Natural."

How do I manage the "growing out" part?

Thanks for letting me share,

Debbie

pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 4:18pm
noobs

MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 7:29am

since the age of 6 i have had white/silver hair, i am a natural born red head, its not all the hair thats going silver just about 5 or 6 hairs in  2 or 3 different patches under the hair, which my mum used to die with henna for me when small, I am now nearly 18 & still see a few underneath the top layers of hair & I was just wondering if any body else has had this problem?? and isit somthing to do with my hair been red?

ive actually stopped dyeing my hair now and im dreadin my hair turnin fully white do you think this will happen when im so young?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic